Angling Literature

Old October 24th, 2003, 12:01 PM
Peter Austin

Default Angling Literature

"Trout at 10000 feet" is very good I am told, it's on my Christmas wish
list!

Peter
"DG" wrote in message
Can anyone recommend any good novels/short story collections with an

angling
theme (especially fly fishing)?

Many thanks,

David

Old October 24th, 2003, 08:39 PM
Kim Sawyer

The message
from "DG" contains these words:

Can anyone recommend any good novels/short story collections with an angling
theme (especially fly fishing)?

David...you might enjoy Lessons From The Fish - an anthology of fishing
experiences written by national celebrities, selected and edited by Len
Colclough (Swan Hill Press). RRP is £18.50p and all proceeds go to
Second Chance, a charity for children with special needs. Amongst
others, authors also included a Fiona Armstrong, Geofrey Palmer, Sir
David Steel, Lee Wulf, Arthur Ransome and Nick Faldo. Or perhaps
Reflections From The Water's Edge by John Bailey (Crowood Press,
Ramsbury). Not so much about fly fishing, but a very nice read all the
same.

--
Kim Sawyer
Sutherland
Old October 25th, 2003, 11:14 PM
Trevor Greene

Best book ever written must be "A Man May Fish" by T.C. Kingsmill Moore -
absolute gem of good writing even if not an angler - very good read.
Also try Jeremy Paxmans Fish Fishing and the Meaning of Life - lots of
excerpts from many authors - all well written and great for dipping into
from time to time (a good book for the loo!)

Trevor

.. .