In One Year....

Old April 28th, 2007, 11:34 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Peter A. Collin

Default In One Year....

I learn that they are building a Wal Mart on the banks of my favorite
trout river, right next to the pool where I got my biggest dry fly fish.
And I also learn that they are building an ethanol plant that will tap
into the aquifer of our one and only spring creek to draw its water
from. I can't tell you haw angry this makes me. I feel like they are
fixing things so all you have left to do is go to work and watch TV.

Pete Collin

It's either you guys I bitch to, or my wife, and she doesn't fish.
Old April 28th, 2007, 01:25 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
asadi

"Peter A. Collin" wrote in message
I learn that they are building a Wal Mart on the banks of my favorite trout
river, right next to the pool where I got my biggest dry fly fish. And I
also learn that they are building an ethanol plant that will tap into the
aquifer of our one and only spring creek to draw its water from. I can't
tell you haw angry this makes me. I feel like they are fixing things so
all you have left to do is go to work and watch TV.

Pete Collin

It's either you guys I bitch to, or my wife, and she doesn't fish.

Not sure how they do it up your way Peter (ignoring the fat that we have
used imminent domain to build shopping centers...) but I live in a fairly
green neighborhood. Recently we had a series of meetings to protest
development that would have morphed 20 acres of park into 20 acres of
parking lot....

I was the only one who wanted to see the environmental impact statements and
who wanted to see the plans that would handle the parking lot run off, the
catch basins for the oil and trash and the only one who stated he was going
to watch the run off and call the EPA every time he saw anything going into
the river.

....of course I was the Lone Weirdo. Nonetheless, we were successful.

Here, more than one community has said no to Wal-Mart, I'd think you folks
could get together.

john...Wendy's is spinning off Tim Hortons, wanna go halvsies?

Old April 28th, 2007, 05:09 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On 28-Apr-2007, "Peter A. Collin" wrote:

I learn that they are building a Wal Mart on the banks of my favorite
trout river, right next to the pool where I got my biggest dry fly fish.
And I also learn that they are building an ethanol plant that will tap
into the aquifer of our one and only spring creek to draw its water
from. I can't tell you haw angry this makes me. I feel like they are
fixing things so all you have left to do is go to work and watch TV.

Pete Collin

An option that you could consider is eco terrorism.
I have myself considered it but rejected it as tooo risky!
I have been running from "progress" and development all my life.

Sincerely
Fred