deep fried turkey

Old September 30th, 2003, 12:18 AM
Lennie Richardson

Default deep fried turkey

Hi All,

I'm going to arrive at the clave Friday, 10/3 and fish Saturday, 10/4. I
was wondering if enough people would be there to put together a covered dish
supper. For my part, I'd like to bring my turkey frying outfit and a turkey.
If anybody else would like to bring a side dish or two, like vegetables or
desserts, maybe we could find a place at Clave Central to gather up and
throw down. BYOB, of course.

Any interest in that?

LR
your other friend in the old north state.

Old September 30th, 2003, 12:29 AM
a-happy-up-yours

Lennie Richardson wrote:
Hi All,

I'm going to arrive at the clave Friday, 10/3 and fish Saturday, 10/4. I
was wondering if enough people would be there to put together a covered dish
supper. For my part, I'd like to bring my turkey frying outfit and a turkey.
If anybody else would like to bring a side dish or two, like vegetables or
desserts, maybe we could find a place at Clave Central to gather up and
throw down. BYOB, of course.

Any interest in that?

LR
your other friend in the old north state.

~~~~~~~~

I will arrive sometime Saturday mid-afternoon and will be in attendance
all week. If you have Saturday in mind, I'mm bring/provide/cook a
couple of side dishes.

--
Tom
Wake Forest, NC

n4tab at earthlink dot net

Old September 30th, 2003, 12:50 AM
Lennie Richardson

"a-happy-up-yours" wrote in
message hlink.net...
~~~~~~~~

I will arrive sometime Saturday mid-afternoon and will be in attendance
all week. If you have Saturday in mind, I'mm bring/provide/cook a
couple of side dishes.

--
Tom
Wake Forest, NC

n4tab at earthlink dot net

that's great. if i fish with op i'll probably be all in by about 3:30. are
you staying at the campground? I was planning on sacrificing the bird there.

LR

Old September 30th, 2003, 12:53 AM
Guyz-N-Flyz

"Lennie Richardson" wrote in message
. ..
Hi All,

I'm going to arrive at the clave Friday, 10/3 and fish Saturday, 10/4. I
was wondering if enough people would be there to put together a covered

dish
supper. For my part, I'd like to bring my turkey frying outfit and a

turkey.
If anybody else would like to bring a side dish or two, like vegetables or
desserts, maybe we could find a place at Clave Central to gather up and
throw down. BYOB, of course.

Any interest in that?

LR
your other friend in the old north state.

I'll do several Cheese Cakes! Actually, mother will do them, as I wouldn't
know a Cheese from a Cake.

Op --gotta love 'ol momma, and her Cheese Cake is DAMN GOOD--

Old September 30th, 2003, 01:24 AM
a-happy-up-yours

Lennie Richardson wrote:

"a-happy-up-yours" wrote in
message hlink.net...

~~~~~~~~

I will arrive sometime Saturday mid-afternoon and will be in attendance
all week. If you have Saturday in mind, I'mm bring/provide/cook a
couple of side dishes.

--
Tom
Wake Forest, NC

n4tab at earthlink dot net

that's great. if i fish with op i'll probably be all in by about 3:30. are
you staying at the campground? I was planning on sacrificing the bird there.

LR

I'm sharing one of the furnished cabins with Jeff Miller. Taking this
to email.

--
Tom

n4tab at earthlink dot net

Old September 30th, 2003, 01:30 AM
Lennie Richardson

"Guyz-N-Flyz" wrote in message

I'll do several Cheese Cakes! Actually, mother will do them, as I

wouldn't
know a Cheese from a Cake.

Op --gotta love 'ol momma, and her Cheese Cake is DAMN GOOD--

gotta love anybody who can make a cheesecake.

Old September 30th, 2003, 07:12 AM
Brimbum

Lennie wrote:snipI'm going to arrive at the clave Friday, 10/3 and fish
Saturday, 10/4. I
was wondering if enough people would be there to put together a covered dish
supper. For my part, I'd like to bring my turkey frying outfit and a turkey.

I will have to pass on this feast as I will not be arriving till Monday. At the
Southeast Conclave this past May the guy that fried the Turkeys for the opening
Cajun feed fried six of them that afternoon.

I only have two 3 weight rods and a 2 weight rod in the truck so far.

Big Dale
Old September 30th, 2003, 12:34 PM
riverman

"Brimbum" wrote in message
Lennie wrote:snipI'm going to arrive at the clave Friday, 10/3 and fish
Saturday, 10/4. I
was wondering if enough people would be there to put together a covered

dish
supper. For my part, I'd like to bring my turkey frying outfit and a

turkey.

I will have to pass on this feast as I will not be arriving till Monday.

At the
Southeast Conclave this past May the guy that fried the Turkeys for the

opening
Cajun feed fried six of them that afternoon.

I only have two 3 weight rods and a 2 weight rod in the truck so far.

Big Dale

I guess the thing that suprises me the most is how easily everyone is
accepting 'deep fried turkey' without blinking an eye. Definately a cultural
thing: to us Yanks, the concept of deep frying a TURKEY, let alone owning a
rig specially made to DO it, is no different than if I proposed bringing
some slugs and caterpillars, along with my caterpillar-slug roasting rig,
and everyone said "yum, I'll bring the cheesecake".

Who ever first figured out to deep fry a turkey, for gods sake??? I hear you
guys do Snickers bars, too! Wow.

--riverman
(my roots are showing)

Old September 30th, 2003, 01:47 PM
a-happy-up-yours

riverman wrote:

........snip..........

I guess the thing that suprises me the most is how easily everyone is
accepting 'deep fried turkey' without blinking an eye. Definately a cultural
thing: to us Yanks, the concept of deep frying a TURKEY, let alone owning a
rig specially made to DO it, is no different than if I proposed bringing
some slugs and caterpillars, along with my caterpillar-slug roasting rig,
and everyone said "yum, I'll bring the cheesecake".

Who ever first figured out to deep fry a turkey, for gods sake??? I hear you
guys do Snickers bars, too! Wow.

--riverman
(my roots are showing)

Oh, you have no *real* idea about the cultural/culinary differences
extant here. When, in a email, Lennie mentioned that he was trying to
arrange for a friend to provide "the best collards I've ever tasted", my
first thought was "sandwich".

And, for the record, we don't make cornbread with sugar G.

--
Tom

n4tab at earthlink dot net