First Trip to the Tulpelhocken!!!!!

Old October 12th, 2003, 04:20 PM
Gene C

Default First Trip to the Tulpelhocken!!!!!

I went to the Tuplehocken yesterday some of the members of the White
Clay Flyfishers. I got there about 7:30, just below the dam. Although
that's where the group was going to have the cookout, the water looked
too "obvious" so I drove back down the road about a 1/3 of a mile,
made a right and drove about 1/2 mile to the parking lot on the left.

I hiked down the trail an into the water and started casting a wooly
bugger into the riffles. Within 10 minutes I had a nice rainbow on but
lost him quickly. I worked my way down stream and hooked and netted a
nice fat bow. It was foggy so visibility was low. Since this was my
first time, I wadded carefully. I fished for about 200 yards down
stream and then started working back up. At 10 AM a BWO hatch started
and I caught one nice brown and one nice bow.

This was fantastic! Beautiful and hard fighting fish! I also
discovered that the creek is only 60 miles from where I live (about 90
minutes).

The Tuplehocken, what a gem!
Old October 12th, 2003, 10:33 PM
Tom Littleton

Gene writes:
This was fantastic! Beautiful and hard fighting fish! I also
discovered that the creek is only 60 miles from where I live (about 90
minutes).

and(ahem!) only 6 miles(9 minutes) from where I live. Geez, you could've
called, especially for the cookout!g
Tom
Old October 13th, 2003, 03:10 PM
Lat705

That's Gene for you. I would have invited you if I went.

Lou T