John Wayne

Old June 1st, 2006, 01:43 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Default John Wayne

Gene Cottrell wrote:
Facts are facts!
right-wing whackjob rant snipped
End of conversation!

What a moron. But of course if a liberal were to state the
obvious and say, The man is dumber than dirt, the right-wing
whackjobs would all scream in unison, Elitist !

America is a strange place.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old June 1st, 2006, 04:38 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

daytripper wrote:
On 31 May 2006 17:28:59 -0700, " wrote:

Proud to admit that that's true. I don't understand the extreme
right/left
and both scare the crap out of me. But then again I have it on good
authority that every one else's ideology but Dave's sucks so hopefully
everyone is afraid of my ideology too. ;-)
- Ken

ahahahahahahahahaha! Doubt it.

But in any case....

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/edi...ling_gop_base/

/daytripper (what a train wreck your team turned out to be, huh? ;-)

Whew. I wasn't sure which team you meant. Thought you might be
talking
about work.....which might have been true.....but would have hurt.
I didn't vote for Bush, I "wasted" my vote last election. This binary
mentality of us/them is sad. I dislike the both extremes equally.
Liberal
whack-jobs like Dave are just as sad as this Gene guy.
- Ken

Old June 1st, 2006, 04:51 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

On 1 Jun 2006 08:38:51 -0700, " wrote:

daytripper wrote:
[...]

Dave isn't a whack-job, so you're gonna have to come up with a better dog than
that one if you're going to maintain that denial thing you have going on.

As for your *other* team, I really hope the rumors aren't true as it'd be bad
for everyone in our business. But best of luck to you if they are true, hope
you get through unscathed. And for the record, unlike one odious ****tard here
who thankfully has been hiding for awhile, I'd never use something like that
as a dig...

Cheers

/daytripper
Old June 1st, 2006, 05:28 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

daytripper wrote:
On 1 Jun 2006 08:38:51 -0700, "
Liberal whack-jobs like Dave are just as sad as
this Gene guy. - Ken

Dave isn't a whack-job, snip

Can we take a vote? ;-)
--
TL,
Tim

Old June 1st, 2006, 05:37 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

daytripper wrote:
On 31 May 2006 17:28:59 -0700, " wrote:

Dave isn't a whack-job, so you're gonna have to come up with a better dog than
that one if you're going to maintain that denial thing you have going on.

Eye of the beholder and all that.....

As for your *other* team, I really hope the rumors aren't true as it'd be bad
for everyone in our business. But best of luck to you if they are true, hope
you get through unscathed. And for the record, unlike one odious ****tard here
who thankfully has been hiding for awhile, I'd never use something like that
as a dig...

I'm out of that business due to internal politics. Which sucks since I
loved the
type of work that I was doing. I'm unscathed and doing somewhat
interesting
but relatively unchallenging work. Oh well, life goes on, paychecks
continue,
hopefully politics will shift and I'll get to return to the work that I
love.
- Ken

Old June 1st, 2006, 06:13 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

"Gene Cottrell" wrote in message
Facts are facts! John Wayne was rejected when he tried to enlist. The
liberal media has tried to re-write history and you goof-ball liberals

will
believe anything the press says as long as it fits into vision of the

world.
John Wayne didn't make many friends in Hollywood and the media with his
fight against communism and left wing nut cases. He is a certified HERO,
having been presented the Congressional Gold Medal by President Carter for
his undying patriotism throughout his life. Which is more than can be said
about you leftist bunch of America hating liberals.

Gene
End of conversation!

Well thats interesting. So I guess the GIs who periodically took a punch at
Wayne during and after the War, because he was such a phony and arm chair
warrior, . . . they were all "Liberals" too, I guess? Among the GIs it was
said that Wayne was never on their "Sands of Iwo Jima." Many GIs resented
Wayne's romanticising of combat and using their real hell to gild his
profitable make believe persona. The Greatest Generation knew who the
phonies were.

Gene, you are right about Wayne being a big anti-communist. He figured out
real quick after the War how to deal with his own embarrassment and the
hostility of real veterans to him: call anyone who points out or knows about
you, a COMMUNIST. Which he did with the help of studio flacks. It worked,
made lots of people fear the stories Waynes PR people were so good at
concocting for the FBI types he cultivated, and gave him access to another
group of people who were very interested in hiding and re-writing their own
less that honorable histories: the American ideological right-wing, and its
pre-war flirtation with Hitlerism and Fascism.

Again, why do you defend this second rate actor, John Wayne, this blowhard
phony whose deferment history is a matter of record, when there are people,
like Jimmy Stewart and Henry Fonda etc., of various political persuasions
whose service is both extraordinary and documented? For example, if Im not
mistaken, Stewart did the full complement of daylight missions in B-17s over
Germany and survived, unlike over 50k other USAAF air crew. Fiction is
great, but real is, after all, real.

Old June 1st, 2006, 06:30 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 11:51:22 -0400, daytripper
wrote:

And for the record, unlike one odious ****tard here
who thankfully has been hiding for awhile, I'd never use something like that
as a dig...

Hiding? I'm not hiding, you big monkey. I've been fishing for two
weeks. Why dontcha come on up. I'll give you the fly to fish (what's
new?), how to fish it (again, what's new?) and where to fish it (again
I repeat my self, what's new). Who ever taught you to fly fish,
monkey, didn't know **** about it.

As for Dave, he is a whack job, as you are, you cheap *******.

Old June 1st, 2006, 06:41 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

" wrote in message
oups.com...

David Snedeker wrote:
"Gene Cottrell" wrote in message

"Gene Cottrell" wrote in message
Another lie by a liar. John Wayne attempted to enlist during WWII

but
was
rejected due to a football injury to his shoulder. Draft dodger,

indeed!
Get your facts straight - I'm sure you knew this, you just hate any
patriot. John Wayne supported the troops through the USO whenever he
could - WWII through Viet Nam. Crawl back under your rock.

Gene

Just some of the FACTS!

When war broke out, John Wayne tried to enlist but was rejected

because of
an old football injury to his shoulder, his age (34), and his status

as a
married father of four. He flew to Washington to plead that he be

allowed
join the Navy but was turned down. So he poured himself into the war

effort
by making inspirational war films - among them The Fighting Seabees,

Back
Bataan and They Were Expendable. To those back home and others around

the
world he became a symbol of the determined American fighting man.
Duke could not be kept from the front lines. In 1944 he spent three

months
touring forward positions in the Pacific theater.

A true hero!
Gene

So Cottrell, you repeated the standard wingnut PR myth about Wayne,

which
like so many of the accounts of wing-nut patriotism is pure fiction, and

you
got caught at it. At least you could acknowledge it. See, Waynes

records,
unlike Shrub Bush's records did not "disappear." Wayne made a bundle

during
the War, and continued the formula later with his shameless exploitation

of
the Vietnam War. And even later he played the wingnut blowhard for

whatever
group of armchair chickenhawks who would touch his monkey.

"Conservatives"
are such suckers for frauds like Wayne and spendthrifts like Dubya. Its
pathetic.

So, I'm not a fan of John Wayne, but I'm not some liberal blowhard
either. ;-)

IMDB lists his birthday as May 26th, 1907. That'd make him 34 at the
start of WWII. While he could have been drafted, it's pretty unlikely.

Also found this quote of his on IMDB which seems to sum you up
pretty well.

"I have found a certain type calls himself a Liberal...Now I always
thought I was a Liberal. I came up terribly surprised one time when I
found out that I was a Right-Wing Conservative Extremist, when I
listened to everybody's point of view that I ever met, and then decided
how I should feel. But this so-called new Liberal group, Jesus, they
never listen to your point of view..."

I didn't know that he had met you.
- Ken

Well, OK, whatever in the hell this is supposed to mean.

If its something about me being a lib, well I see myself as of the
progressive persuasion but I wouldn't call myself (nor do the people who
know me call me) a "liberal." For example Im with Buchannon on immigration
and H1b and H2b, bi-lingual ed is not me (although I study other languages),
Im opposed to rampant Federalism, deficit spending worries me, I see NAFTA
and much of globalization as a disaster, just to name a few of my non-lib
empty pigeon holes.

As to Jesus, Ive literally never met him, even after a couple of serious
attempts, Catholic nuns and 4 years at BYU. If Im not mistaken we may share
a skepticism about religion in general and I for one am definitely hostile
to the intrusion of fundamentalist Christian, Islam and Judaism into
American civic and scientific life. So if you are saying I wouldn't listen
to someone calling themselves Jesus talking about early 21st century
ideological categories you are probably right.

I hope some of this is responsive . . . even if I don't really understand
your post.

Dave
And Ideology really does suck.

Old June 1st, 2006, 06:56 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

wrote:

And for the record, unlike one odious ****tard here
who thankfully has been hiding for awhile, I'd never use something like

that
as a dig...

Hiding? I'm not hiding, you big monkey. I've been fishing for two
weeks. Why dontcha come on up. I'll give you the fly to fish (what's
new?), how to fish it (again, what's new?) and where to fish it (again
I repeat my self, what's new). Who ever taught you to fly fish,
monkey, didn't know **** about it.

As for Dave, he is a whack job, as you are, you cheap *******.

Just a clarification he Whacking fools IS NOT a job. Its just something I
do Pro Bono.
For example: Have I EVER sent you a bill? Why do you hate America so much?

Dave
Maybe he's just too rich to even notice that Ive whacked him for free? Maybe
my people should call his people and . . . .

Old June 1st, 2006, 07:28 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

wrote:

And for the record, unlike one odious ****tard here
who thankfully has been hiding for awhile, I'd never use something like that
as a dig...

Hiding? I'm not hiding, you big monkey. I've been fishing for two
weeks. Why dontcha come on up. I'll give you the fly to fish (what's
new?), how to fish it (again, what's new?) and where to fish it (again
I repeat my self, what's new). Who ever taught you to fly fish,
monkey, didn't know **** about it.

As for Dave, he is a whack job, as you are, you cheap *******.

Feel the comraderie.