february specks in nc

Old February 19th, 2008, 01:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff miller[_2_]

Default february specks in nc

jim and i did a bit of trout fishing last saturday. kept a few for
supper. jim's fish was about 23-24 inches. fished with mirro-lures and
"electric-chicken" plastic on a lead-head.

Old February 19th, 2008, 04:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Danl[_3_]

Nice fish, Jeff. Its good to see people getting out in the dead of winter.

BTW, what's Jim so happy about?

Danl

. ..

Old February 20th, 2008, 01:11 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff miller[_2_]

Danl wrote:
Nice fish, Jeff. Its good to see people getting out in the dead of winter.

BTW, what's Jim so happy about?

life itsownself, i reckon. g ...of course, i'm amazed you noticed
given how well camouflaged he is.

jeff
Old February 20th, 2008, 01:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff miller[_2_]

Danl wrote:

Nice fish, Jeff. Its good to see people getting out in the dead of winter.

hey danl...i forgot...arent you supposed to be posting some calitrout
photos?
Old February 20th, 2008, 01:43 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Danl[_3_]

Yeah, well ya see, one must take pictures of trouts before one can post
them. I do have some scenery pics of the Owens from a trip a took there last
week. I caught lotso fish, but didn't take the camera with me while I was
fishing. I'll post them directly.

Old February 20th, 2008, 01:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
rw

Nice photos, Jeff. You're a fishin' fool.

No fishing here for quite some time, but the skiing is great. I'll take
what I can get.

Old February 20th, 2008, 02:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff miller[_2_]

rw wrote:

Nice photos, Jeff. You're a fishin' fool.

No fishing here for quite some time, but the skiing is great. I'll take
what I can get.

you've got the "fool" part right, in any case. our shad are starting to
show up, and i'm getting pumped up over the beginning of another year of
chasing the great mystery. the cypress knobbed creeks provide a great
start. our weather has been odd again this year, but i'd never survive
the austere winters you guys seem to enjoy so much. i like being able to
chase some kind of sport fish every month of the year.

jeff
Old February 21st, 2008, 03:43 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
asadi

rw wrote:

Nice photos, Jeff. You're a fishin' fool.

No fishing here for quite some time, but the skiing is great. I'll take
what I can get.

you've got the "fool" part right, in any case. our shad are starting to
show up, and i'm getting pumped up over the beginning of another year of
chasing the great mystery. the cypress knobbed creeks provide a great
start. our weather has been odd again this year, but i'd never survive the
austere winters you guys seem to enjoy so much. i like being able to chase
some kind of sport fish every month of the year.

jeff

While plowing the drive today....I found myself saying....I "ain't" gonna do
this again.

....time ta move on down the road...

john

Old February 22nd, 2008, 11:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Rich P

Nice weaks Jeff, I wish they spent more time in northern NJ waters. They
were only here in Raritan Bay for a few weeks in the fall. I got one by
accident while jigging for stripers. It was tasty though.

Rich P

Old February 23rd, 2008, 12:07 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff miller[_2_]

Rich P wrote:
Nice weaks Jeff, I wish they spent more time in northern NJ waters. They
were only here in Raritan Bay for a few weeks in the fall. I got one by
accident while jigging for stripers. It was tasty though.

Rich P

we've had an extraordinary run of the big specks down here this year.
we've also had big crowds of fishermen in the popular spots...

aren't weakfish the gray trout rather than the speckled trout? (both of
them are part of the drum family, but the gray have a northern range the
specks don't)

jeff