Advice needed for problem with Itasca neoprene waders

Old October 5th, 2003, 12:11 AM
David H. Lipman

Default Advice needed for problem with Itasca neoprene waders

Hello all:

First let me say that I'm new to fishing news groups but have been a UseNet poster for
almost 20 years...

I surf fish in NJ.. Striped Bass, Bluefish, Little Tunnies, Spanish Mackerel, etc. Last
year I replaced an old pair of Ball Waders with Itasca neoprene waders.

I have run into a problem and am looking for some advice.

Where the boot meets the legging, the rough surface causes severe chaffing on my calves
making them too painful to wear. Does anybody have any ides that I can apply to smooth over
the boot-legging junction such that don't chafe my legs ?

TIA

Old October 6th, 2003, 03:12 PM
Da Chief

What about gluing some felt cloth in that area. Seems to me that it would
both pad the area and not "grab" at you.
--
Shelby Foles,

Old October 6th, 2003, 04:07 PM
David H. Lipman

What do you suggest ?

Rubber Cement ? DuCo Cement ?

Will it stick to the cloth ?

Dave

. ..

Old October 6th, 2003, 06:40 PM
Da Chief

My momma used to tell me "if you were only half as smart as you think you
are". In this case I've already used up my brain cells. I'd check with an
arts and crafts store, especially one that sells the felt cloth and holds
"classes" for their customers- they're usually more knowledgeable than dept
store clerks. Good luck.--
Shelby Foles,

Old October 6th, 2003, 07:12 PM
Major oz

Do the same thing I did with my first pair of "Engineer" boots at age 8: wrap
your ankle in some duct tape.'
If the chafing is really bad, thicken the area with socks, and THEN wrap the
area with duct tape.

cheers

oz, who thinks Red Green has the right idea, after all.