waders rant

Old March 25th, 2004, 10:56 PM
Steve Sullivan

Default waders rant

I am so unbelievably depressed and angry at the same time. I feel so
incredibly screwed. I have to get this off my chest.

I do most of my shopping at a local fly shop that will remain
annonymous. The owner is the NICEST guy, who has treated me *INCREDIBLY*
well (just want to make that clear).

He traded some quality waders for work I did for him (again, I praise
him for this). The waders were medium king sized (I am a big guy). The
associate was concerned that they were tight, and said he was worried
they might bust a seem in the stomach. The owner (this is very
important) said special sized waders would be $100 more and RECOMMENDED
that I get the medium kings, which is what I did. THE OWNER OF THE SHOP
RECOMMENDED THAT I GET THE WADERS. These were waders that he had in the
shop for some time that a customer ordered but never came in to buy.

About 3 months later I started to get leaks in them, and the material in
the bottom of the feet started wearing out. All the leaks were knee
level or bellow.

I called the manufacturer and they agreed that I could return the waders
to the store, and that instead of medium kings I needed specially made
waders. They told me to email them all the pertinent info, they would
make the waders and charge me $40.

They called the fly shop owner, who told them I insisted on getting the
waders even tho they told me not to. This was untrue. The associate most
definitely did say that the waders could tear at the stomach, but the
owner said that I should get them.

Thus, the manufacturer VOIDED my warranty, and if I want the specially
made waders I have to pay $270. The fly shop said they will try to
repair the leaks, but I am still without a WARRANTY plus without the
brand new specially sized waders for $40.

The owner IS a really nice guy, but I got screwed so incredibly hard.
Old March 25th, 2004, 11:28 PM
Willi

Steve Sullivan wrote:

I am so unbelievably depressed and angry at the same time. I feel so
incredibly screwed. I have to get this off my chest.

Print out this post or rewrite it and mail it to the owner. If he really
has treated you incredibly well in the past, he should do right by you.
If not **** him and never go there again.

Willi

Old March 26th, 2004, 02:04 AM
Mu Young Lee

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004, Steve Sullivan wrote:

I am so unbelievably depressed and angry at the same time. I feel so
incredibly screwed. I have to get this off my chest.

Hey that really sucks. BTW my unscientific intuition about Simms is that
their motto should be something along the lines of:

we make the best stuff, everything else sucks, you'll be lucky if you can
afford this

as opposed to

the customer is always right.

I bought the large because the medium king was unavailable and I needed a
new pair of waders ASAP. The other thing about Simms is that their sizes
seem a little small. I'm 5'8 and 175 lbs. When I tried on the mediums I
thought the seams would burst in the thighs if I did a squat. They must
expect that most people have legs like chickens.

Mu
Old March 26th, 2004, 02:56 AM
Steve Sullivan

The waders were not simms.

In article
. umich.edu,

Old March 26th, 2004, 10:55 AM
Frank Reid

The waders were not simms.

ADG?

Frank

Old March 26th, 2004, 03:24 PM
Sr.

Wow, what a tear jerking tale......Sounds like ya have like 2 options: 1. go
back and give the fella the $270.00, B. go elsewhere and buy a pair of
waders, or A.-wade without waders... Cabela's has an excellent wader for
under $100.00... A small peace of advice here from an x-fatguy, loose some
weight!!!
Sr.

Old March 26th, 2004, 03:38 PM
Scott Seidman

Steve Sullivan wrote in news:none-501831.14570525032004
@news.sf.sbcglobal.net:

I am so unbelievably depressed and angry at the same time. I feel so
incredibly screwed. I have to get this off my chest.

The owner basically said that the waders wouldn't fail because they were
stretched, and based on where they failed, they didn't.

It was you who let the guy talk you into getting a size other than what you
wanted. It was you who tried to use the warranty to get a custom size. If
you hadn't mentioned sizing when you spoke with the manufacturer, it never
would have come up, and you would have gotten a replacement pair of the
same size.

You contracted for a guy under a barter system for something you didn't
need. Work for cash--its much simpler.

Scott
Old March 26th, 2004, 06:35 PM
Mu Young Lee

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004, Steve Sullivan wrote:

The waders were not simms.

d:-o

Mu

Old March 26th, 2004, 09:07 PM
Steve Sullivan

In article ,
"Frank Reid" wrote:

The waders were not simms.

ADG?

Frank

At this point I am not going to mention either the name of the
manufacturer or fly shop. I will first give them a chance to rectify the
situation.
Old March 28th, 2004, 12:50 AM
Bill Kiene

Wow,

I glad it ws not me.(just for the record)

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA, USA