Penn's Clave 2009

Old May 15th, 2009, 02:20 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

Default Penn's Clave 2009

Okay, just looked at the long range Wx. With those temp profiles,
there may be a great spinner fall of something on Friday, the 22nd.
We arrive in a transition zone of temperatures. Warm next week and
then the temp then cools into the 60s for the rest of the following
week. This may start the green drake and then slow them down,
especially with rain Saturday the 23rd. However, the cool temps and
cloud cover should seriously extend the sulphurs, march browns and the
like. This will also bring them out during the day for all day
action. They've had some rain yesterday, filling up the stream. This
should be very manageble by the time we get there.
Oh, by the way, I have it on good authority that the white peonies are
ready to bloom (their blooming coincides with the green drake
appearance).
Frank Reid
Old May 15th, 2009, 03:10 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
asadi

"Tom Littleton" wrote in message
Could all of you, currently planning to attend, let me know via this
thread when you plan on arriving. Also, if anyone needs any assistance
with lodging, directions, fly selection,
etc, post it here as well.

Tom
....who can feel the Clave Fever coming over him. Time to
go grab a Yeungling....

Well, I'm going to leave Dayton, Ohio on Monday the 25th as early as I
can...I have a business stop in Columbus and then it's on to Penn's. It's
about a 7 and 1/2 hour drive and what with my stops and stretches and rests
I'll be lucky if I get there before dark...

Leave Penn's on Friday or Saturday depending...

John

Old May 20th, 2009, 02:29 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

Just talked to Jonas at the Feathered Hook. Water temp yesterday at
4:30 p.m. was 57. Should hit 60 today. Temp will be warm this week,
so we may get to the golden 63 degrees by the end of the week (green
drake temp).
Water is at 400 cfs, bit of murk but can see clear to the bottom in 4
foot or less. Bunches of bugs, sulphurs, march browns, grey fox, 3
kinds of crane flies and ditto for the caddis. Very happy water.
Woo Woo!
Frank Reid
Old May 21st, 2009, 01:09 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

Frank Reid wrote:
Just talked to Jonas at the Feathered Hook. Water temp yesterday at
4:30 p.m. was 57. Should hit 60 today. Temp will be warm this week,
so we may get to the golden 63 degrees by the end of the week (green
drake temp).
Water is at 400 cfs, bit of murk but can see clear to the bottom in 4
foot or less. Bunches of bugs, sulphurs, march browns, grey fox, 3
kinds of crane flies and ditto for the caddis. Very happy water.
Woo Woo!
Frank Reid

yeah...but, miller and mcintosh (the m&m curse) aint arrived yet. we'll
be in by friday afternoon. you boyz fishin on thursday are set though.
hope the weather and the bug factories cooperate this year... and i'm
really looking forward to seeing all you penns fellers again.

jeff
Old May 21st, 2009, 05:53 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

yeah...but, miller and mcintosh (the m&m curse) aint arrived yet. we'll
be in by friday afternoon. you boyz fishin on thursday are set though.
hope the weather and the bug factories cooperate this year... and i'm
really looking forward to seeing all you penns fellers again.

Well, don't want to go into the melts in.. no, won't go there. Will
arrive Friday sometime.
Frank Reid
Old May 21st, 2009, 09:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

Sadly, I'm sending regrets this year, Tom, I won't be able to make
it. My doppleganger will be there the following weekend if any of you
are still around- he'll be in one of the cabins at Hemlock.

Hope all of you reprobates have a great time!

Wm
Old May 22nd, 2009, 02:53 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
vincent norris

Sadly, I'm sending regrets this year, Tom, I won't be able to make
it.

Sorry to hear that, Bill.

Hope all of you reprobates have a great time!

That's kind of unfair to the nonreprobates, if any.

vince
Old May 22nd, 2009, 03:12 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On May 21, 9:53*pm, vincent norris wrote:

That's kind of unfair to the nonreprobates, if any.

vince

I was, of course, excepting present company, Vince! :-)

Wm

Old May 23rd, 2009, 03:57 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
vincent norris

I was, of course, excepting present company, Vince! :-)

Wm

Thanks, Bill. I feel a lot better now.

vince