For you "Raiders of the Lost Ark" fans...or just those who like neat stories...

Old June 22nd, 2009, 12:50 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

Default For you "Raiders of the Lost Ark" fans...or just those who like neat stories...

OK, it's kinda convoluted...it's probably easier to Google "Raiders of the Lost
Ark Adaptation" and "Eric Zala." Apparently, if you are a really big "Raiders"
fan, you already know about all this. I, um, well, I'm not a really big
"Raiders" fan, so I had no idea it was a big deal, but hey, it is kinda cool...

Long story short, a local kid (who isn't a kid anymore, but the director of the
Mary C. O'Keefe Cultural Center down here in Ocean Springs, MS) and some friends
made their own version of "Raiders." This much is semi-common knowledge around
here. Anyhoo, it's gonna be screened (apparently a rare thing) at the Mary C.
next weekend and I know there are (or were) some folks around ROFF that have
tastes as strange as (or stranger than) my own.

Also, if anyone is a big fan and interested in potentially getting a copy _AND_
is willing to make a donation to the Mary C., I'd be happy to approach them what
would need approaching to obtain such a thing. I am not promising anything
beyond approaching the right people because I cannot promise anything beyond
that.

TC,
Old June 22nd, 2009, 03:17 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw

wrote:

I am not promising anything
beyond approaching the right people because I cannot promise anything beyond
that.

TC,

I'll pass. What a nerd. Are you into Star Trek, too?

Old June 22nd, 2009, 05:49 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 20:17:37 -0600, rw wrote:

wrote:

I am not promising anything
beyond approaching the right people because I cannot promise anything beyond
that.

TC,

I'll pass. What a nerd. Are you into Star Trek, too?

Why, of course...what are you into, besides, of course, being a premiere member
of the Super Adventurer's Club and naming yourself after a bunch of gaudy
feathers...?

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, you're calling Captains Parker and Stone
Dickie
....ah, Stevie, if the Society for Uptight Bi-Curious Latent Homosexual
Misogynist Hemmingwannabes, Home Office, Stanley, Idahole, had a need for a
posterchild, you in your innertube modeling glory would be a peach...IOW, geez,
you're a silly-ass fag...
Old June 22nd, 2009, 07:48 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Jun 21, 6:50*pm, wrote:

For those few benighted souls who STILL don't get it:

OK, it's kinda convoluted...it's probably easier to Google "Raiders of the Lost
Ark Adaptation" and "Eric Zala."

"Blah."

Apparently, if you are a really big "Raiders"
fan, you already know about all this.

"Blah, blah."

I, um, well, I'm not a really big
"Raiders" fan, so I had no idea it was a big deal, but hey, it is kinda cool...

"Ibetty"

Long story short, a local kid (who isn't a kid anymore, but the director of the
Mary C. O'Keefe Cultural Center down here in Ocean Springs, MS) and some friends
made their own version of "Raiders."

"Ibetty, blah"

This much is semi-common knowledge around
here. *Anyhoo, it's gonna be screened (apparently a rare thing) at the Mary C.
next weekend and I know there are (or were) some folks around ROFF that have
tastes as strange as (or stranger than) my own.

"Blah, blah, ibetty." *

Also, if anyone is a big fan and interested in potentially getting a copy _AND_
is willing to make a donation to the Mary C., I'd be happy to approach them what
would need approaching to obtain such a thing. *I am not promising anything
beyond approaching the right people because I cannot promise anything beyond
that.

"The diminutive member has CONNECTIONS! It KNOWS people. It is
IMPORTANT! IT IS NOT LIKE YOU!"

g.
who really should start charging for this service.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 12:44 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

On Jun 22, 7:48*pm, Giles wrote:
Jebus guy, give it a rest, Why his post should be greated with such
hostility escapes me. Or am I going soft, loosing the instinct? Pace,
paz, peace, really.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 01:54 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Jun 22, 6:44*pm, DaveS wrote:
On Jun 22, 7:48*pm, Giles wrote:
Jebus guy, give it a rest,

No, I think I'll leave that to you, eh?

Why his post should be greated with such
hostility escapes me. Or am I going soft, loosing the instinct? Pace,
paz, peace, really.
Dave

Hostility? And people wonder what has happened to Murrica. Tsk, tsk.
Rampant hate and hostility are viewed as patriotism or family values,
and the simple unvarnished truth is seen as hostility. Going soft?
Well, I'm no phrenologist.....

g.
really.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 06:04 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 16:44:32 -0700 (PDT), DaveS wrote:

On Jun 22, 7:48*pm, Giles wrote:
Jebus guy, give it a rest, Why his post should be greated with such
hostility escapes me. Or am I going soft, loosing the instinct? Pace,
paz, peace, really.
Dave

Although I read Stevie's reply and I didn't read Wolfgoat's, I can imagine...
but consider the sources - two sad silly little pootboys with sad silly little
lives...it doesn't bother me in the least, so I hope no one else would let it
bother them - hey, YMMV...me, I'm gonna eat some fresh red snapper and boiled
shrimp and have a few cocktails with friends and go see this thing...hell,
enough cocktails, and I might even wear my grandfather's fedora and take a
bullwhip...

TC,
Old June 23rd, 2009, 08:15 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Jun 22, 7:48*pm, Giles wrote:
Jebus guy, give it a rest, Why his post should be greated with such
hostility escapes me. Or am I going soft, loosing the instinct? Pace,
paz, peace, really.
Dave

Although I read Stevie's reply and I didn't read Wolfgoat's, I can imagine...
but consider the sources - two sad silly little pootboys with sad silly little
lives...it doesn't bother me in the least, so I hope no one else would let it
bother them - hey, YMMV...me, I'm gonna eat some fresh red snapper and boiled
shrimp and have a few cocktails with friends and go see this thing...hell,
enough cocktails, and I might even wear my grandfather's fedora and take a
bullwhip...

You see, Dave? The diminutive member isn't the least bit concerned
about my little scribblings in these pages. This is a natural result
of the fact that (like his mentor, above mentioned) he doesn't read
any of it. I am entirely beneath the notice of one (or more, as it
appears) so exalted. That's exactly what I said.....albeit a bit more
clearly. What, exactly, is the problem?

g.
who, if he is going to be required to supply translations in words of
one or less syllables, may have to revise his fee schedule.