Josh needs help!

Old March 10th, 2004, 12:28 AM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

Default Josh needs help!

Hey everyone, Joshuall has been having some problems with his computer, and
sent this e-mail to me asking for an assist. Here's what the message said:

"I need a little favor. I have Corenews as my news group service. I've
noticed over the last two months or so that some post n rofb show up an
some don't. I also have another computer news group where they haven't shown
up for over 3 months or so. Corenews is not answering any of my emails now
for over a two week period when I first discovered the dang problem. I can't
ask any of the guys on the news group for news group server recommendations
and was wondering if you could post a post for me with my email return
address.

I have been trying to cancel the current service, but their page directs me
to world pay (the site that charges my credit card) of course their page
says they can't cancel and directs me back to Corenews. (can you tell I'm
ready to shoot someone?) Now I have t call my AMX and tell them to accept no
charges from these jerks.

In any event I hate to be a bother but was wondering if you could shepherd a
post that would be helpful in finding a new news group and see if anyone
knows anything about Core news. "
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old March 10th, 2004, 02:26 AM
Bob La Londe

Two suggestions for Usenet servers

www.teranews.com
One time setup charge and then free forever.
Has good retention, binaries, most known groups.

http://news.cis.dfn.de/
Totally free. Text only groups. Permission only.
Zero tolerance for abuse.

I have accounts with both.

--
Public Fishing Forums
Fishing Link Index

webmaster
at
YumaBsssMan
dot
com

Old March 10th, 2004, 02:45 AM
Chris S

I use news.cis.dfn.de also. Been rock solid for the last couple of years
that Ive use them.

Chris