knot strength?

Old November 1st, 2003, 06:30 AM
steve

Default knot strength?

How strong is a nail knot (tied with a knot tieing tool)? It seems
significantly stronger than a fishermans knot. In fact, many times if I
try to break off the fly instead of breaking at the knot it breaks in
the middle of the leader!!

(ps, anyone familiar with sabre poles? I have a golden sabre 6/7 8 foot
pole that I want info on)
Old November 1st, 2003, 07:06 AM
Rodney

steve wrote:
How strong is a nail knot (tied with a knot tieing tool)? It seems
significantly stronger than a fishermans knot. In fact, many times if I
try to break off the fly instead of breaking at the knot it breaks in
the middle of the leader!!

If pulled up right, it is stronger than the line

Check my site for other applications of the "nail" knot
http://ezknot.com/Frontpage.htm
I sell the cheapest nail knot tool there is, price is now just a buck

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Boomerang Fishing Pro. , Straight Up Hooks ,

Old November 1st, 2003, 12:37 PM

steve wrote:
(ps, anyone familiar with sabre poles? I have a golden sabre 6/7 8 foot
pole that I want info on)

Sabre was bought out by Penn years ago. I believe that the golden line was the
lower of the lines. I have two Sabre rods that I haven't used in a long time
since I haven't been sal****er fishing in a while. Very nice rods.

- Dave