New on the forum

Old June 21st, 2008, 06:06 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
perjon

Default New on the forum

Hello!

I'm new on this forum.
!'m a flyfisher from Sweden and I hope to
get some new flyfishingfriends here on the forum.

I like canerods, and flyfishing i small streams.

I,m preparing a trip to the north of Sweden.
I,ll be fishing trouth and grayling.
I hope i can show you some photos later.

--
perjon
Old June 22nd, 2008, 12:00 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
salmobytes[_5_]

perjon wrote:
Hello!

I'm new on this forum.
!'m a flyfisher from Sweden and I hope to
get some new flyfishingfriends here on the forum.

I like canerods, and flyfishing i small streams.

I,m preparing a trip to the north of Sweden.
I,ll be fishing trouth and grayling.
I hope i can show you some photos later.

Good to have you aboard. How much salmon fishing is
still in good shape--in Sweden?

I'm just curious. Atlantic Salmon seem to be in trouble almost
everywhere. I fished in Ireland 4-5 years
ago and there were some salmon. But it did seem
like most of the conversation was about the "good old days"
and "who to blame" for the demise of the salmon.
The sea trout were essentially gone. The locals blamed
that on salmon farming and sea lice.
Old June 22nd, 2008, 12:07 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
salmobytes[_5_]

salmobytes wrote:
...stuff

I fished in Trinidad and Tobago 2 winters
ago. I spent one day chasing Tarpon with a 20 year old
fishing guide from Sweden. He said he fished the Caribbean
all winter, and then fished for salmon all summer back home.
It was fun to spend the day with a young man who knew
what he wanted out of life. We didn't catch any tarpon that
day, but we did catch some small (ten pound) Travalli Jacks.

--
/* Colin (Sandy) Pittendrigh --O0
** Have code will travel
Old June 22nd, 2008, 01:21 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tim J.

perjon wrote:
Hello!

I'm new on this forum.

Hi Perjon. Welcome.
--
TL,
Tim

Old June 22nd, 2008, 05:04 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Fred

On 21-Jun-2008, salmobytes wrote:

us. Atlantic Salmon seem to be in trouble almost
everywhere. I fished in Ireland 4-5 years
ago and there were some salmon. But it did seem
like most of the conversation was about the "good old days"
and "who to blame" for the demise of the salmon.
The sea trout were essentially gone. The locals blamed
that on salmon farming and sea lice.

Same thing on the Gaspe, Mirimachi York and other rivers in and around
New Brunswick Canada
and a little less so in Iceland as things are more expensive and more
restricted.
Except it is real expensive!! Both places!
You need to pay for the best beats on the best ruvers weill in advance abnd
you need to pay well.
I was fortunate enough to go twice to Canada and once to Iceland

No trees but some fish in Iceland
New Brunswick and those rivers is beautiful - picture perfect clear clean
water

It wass also always in the good old days...
500 casts for a few fish
But when they hit wow!

I felt that since they are so endangered and their ecosystems are getting
more screwed up and smaller daily
that I really did not want to bother the fish anymore much less kill one
When you release a fish in Iceland they give you 2 farm salmon filets which
was good by me

Fred
Old June 22nd, 2008, 06:33 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
perjon[_2_]

I'm not a Salmonfisher myself, but I think
the Salmon fishing is still OK in some rivers.
But there is a problem considering the "wild" salmon.
But that's a worldwide problem.

--
perjon

The flyfishing Swede