vote no on "BO"

Old November 6th, 2008, 03:55 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

Default OT: vote no on "BO"

On Nov 5, 3:30*pm, daytripper wrote:

If he does in fact "win", it is quite possible (I won't say "likely") that he
will be summarily drummed out of the Senate. And if that happens, Palin may
take that golden opportunity to appoint herself to fulfill Steven's term.

/daytripper (irony is everywhere you look for it)

Actually under Alaska law they will hold a special election to fill
the post. She could get it that way. They changed the appointment
business when Frank Murkowski (SP?) died and his daughter got
sappointed. (Not certain of my last sentence.)

Old November 6th, 2008, 04:09 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

DaveS wrote:
daytripper wrote:
If he does in fact "win", it is quite possible (I won't say "likely") that he
will be summarily drummed out of the Senate. And if that happens, Palin may
take that golden opportunity to appoint herself to fulfill Steven's term.

/daytripper (irony is everywhere you look for it)

Actually under Alaska law they will hold a special election to fill
the post. She could get it that way. They changed the appointment
business when Frank Murkowski (SP?) died and his daughter got
sappointed. (Not certain of my last sentence.)

You're right about Alaska being one of only three states that does
not allow the governor to appoint US Senators, but Frank Murkowski,
like Abe Vigoda, is still alive. He was elected governor in 2002,
resigned his Senate seat, then as governor appointed his daughter
Lisa to fill his vacant Senate seat. This blatant nepotism occasioned
the passing of a ballot measure in 2004 stripping the governor of
the power to appoint US Senators.

I was ranting about this just awhile ago. My wife likes to watch
Rachel Maddow on MSNBC and during her Ms. Information segment she
delivered the same bit of misinformation 'tripper did. Ironic, huh ?

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old November 6th, 2008, 05:23 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
daytripper

On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 19:55:53 -0800 (PST), DaveS wrote:

On Nov 5, 3:30*pm, daytripper wrote:

If he does in fact "win", it is quite possible (I won't say "likely") that he
will be summarily drummed out of the Senate. And if that happens, Palin may
take that golden opportunity to appoint herself to fulfill Steven's term.

/daytripper (irony is everywhere you look for it)

Actually under Alaska law they will hold a special election to fill
the post. She could get it that way. They changed the appointment
business when Frank Murkowski (SP?) died and his daughter got
sappointed. (Not certain of my last sentence.)

Dave

The governess has the power to appoint anyone as the *interim* Senator -
filling in until such time that a special election actually concludes.

So, she appoints herownself, has the election committee string out the special
election date, gets plenty of free face time in the national media, then
returns home and reaps the benefit of being the "incumbent" on the ballot.

Of course, that's all subject to any criminal investigations for defrauding
the citizenry of tens of thousands of dollars of bogus per diems and expenses
for the traveling family unit...

/daytripper
Old November 6th, 2008, 06:56 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

On Nov 5, 9:23*pm, daytripper wrote:

It could happen that way but I doubt it. It would be a bit much even
for Alaska. Although . . . stranger things have been schemed up on the
back tables of the bar in the Baronoff Hotel. Ah for the good old
days, when a bought politician stayed bought. No, I don't really mean
that. Lots of the "good" old days really sucked.

Dave
Joe Juneau's town has seen it all.
Old November 9th, 2008, 11:55 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Nov 6, 1:56*pm, DaveS wrote:
On Nov 5, 9:23*pm, daytripper wrote:

It could happen that way but I doubt it. It would be a bit much even
for Alaska. Although . . . stranger things have been schemed up on the
back tables of the bar in the Baronoff Hotel. Ah for the good old
days, when a bought politician stayed bought. No, I don't really mean
that. Lots of the "good" old days really sucked.

Dave
Joe Juneau's town has seen it all.

this entire thread has convinced me that roff, as it is presently
constituted, is nutty as a goddam fruitcake.

peace and out,
yfitons
wayno(like, can you dig it, yes i can)

Old November 10th, 2008, 02:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 02:04:55 -0800 (PST), DaveS
wrote:

On Nov 9, 3:55*pm, " wrote:

this entire thread has convinced me that roff, as it is presently
constituted, is nutty as a goddam fruitcake.

peace and out,
yfitons
wayno(like, can you dig it, yes i can)

Send in the Clowns.