jawbreaker spoons?

Old May 18th, 2005, 02:37 PM
Da Chief

Default jawbreaker spoons?

Has anyone used a jawbreaker spoon topwater lure in southeastern waters for
LM? I saw it on TV being used in grassy conditions and my thoughts could not
help but run to a certain lake with a lot of vegetation. Oh and I willingly
admit to being addicted to buying more lures, more reels, more rods- more of
everything. However, my admission doesn't seem to be helping with my rehab.

--
Da Chief,
All outgoing mailed scanned by

Old May 18th, 2005, 04:07 PM
Bass_Mr.

I haven't seen the Jawbreaker spoon Chief,Who makes it? I have always used a
Johnson Silver Minnow in pads and weeds like you describe.As far as your
"addiction" we could start a whole new newsgroup about that.Or our wives
could anyway.

Old May 18th, 2005, 04:11 PM
Heavy

Don't need them Chief, all you will need is a good supply of the Zoom
Horny Toads!!!!!!!! Just ask a few of the believers here on the group!

Heavy

Old May 18th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Chris Rennert

Da Chief wrote:
Has anyone used a jawbreaker spoon topwater lure in southeastern waters for
LM? I saw it on TV being used in grassy conditions and my thoughts could not
help but run to a certain lake with a lot of vegetation. Oh and I willingly
admit to being addicted to buying more lures, more reels, more rods- more of
everything. However, my admission doesn't seem to be helping with my rehab.

You only need Rehab if you want to quit :-D, I know I don't!

Chris
Old May 18th, 2005, 05:10 PM
Da Chief

nk.net...
"Da Chief" wrote in message
Has anyone used a jawbreaker spoon topwater lure in southeastern waters
for LM? I saw it on TV being used in grassy conditions and my thoughts
could not help but run to a certain lake with a lot of vegetation. Oh and
I willingly admit to being addicted to buying more lures, more reels,
more rods- more of everything. However, my admission doesn't seem to be
helping with my rehab.

--
Da Chief,
All outgoing mailed scanned by
Symantec Anti-virus

Basspro has them on their website
http://wwww.basspro.com/product-1/30456.htm but I couldn't find them in the
catalog.
They're made by Northland.
I have top water plugs, horny toads, buzz baits, spooks, etc. I plan on
going to the local basspro store before the weekend and I'll probably get
one, if they have them on the shelf.

Old May 18th, 2005, 05:21 PM
Bass_Mr.

Hey Kevin,I just started collecting those Horny toads lately and can't wait
for the grass to really come out here to use them.I took one swimming the
other day and really liked their action.How do you fish it? Fast,slow,mix it
up,make those little legs flap like crazy? I really can't wait to see
BigLips swell up one one.
Jerry,Randy,I know you guys swear by them.
oups.com...

Old May 18th, 2005, 07:21 PM
Heavy

All of those presentations and more! Up north at the NWC I was
throwing them way back in the thickest stuff I could find and twitching
it back to the boat and they were all over it! Fish it fast like a
buzz bait, twitch it like a jerkbait, doesn't matter, the bass love'em!
Can't wait to hear from you after you've given them a try. Randy,
Jerry, tell him about it!!!!

Heavy

Old May 18th, 2005, 09:37 PM
Thundercat

On 18 May 2005 11:21:53 -0700, "Heavy" wrote:

All of those presentations and more! Up north at the NWC I was
throwing them way back in the thickest stuff I could find and twitching
it back to the boat and they were all over it! Fish it fast like a
buzz bait, twitch it like a jerkbait, doesn't matter, the bass love'em!
Can't wait to hear from you after you've given them a try. Randy,
Jerry, tell him about it!!!!

Heavy

Heck, you don't need no stinkin' cover nor weeds for those things.
I've seen bass come from quite a way to blast 'em. As a matter of
fact, Randy did it to me. I'm fishin' a speed worm around and through
pads and nada. He comes and tosses that dang toad way off to the side
of me out in open water, and a wake shoots out from the pads I was
fishing and explodes on his toad. That sold me.

Harry J aka Thundercat
Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
http://www.brooklynbillstackleshop.com
Share the knowledge, compete on execution.
Old May 18th, 2005, 11:46 PM
Jerry Barton

They'll make your butt pucker! Look for the sloppiest lily pads and have a
ball. Randy & Harry sold me on them, and I passed it on to Heavy.

"Bass_Mr." wrote in message
ink.net...
Hey Kevin,I just started collecting those Horny toads lately and can't
wait for the grass to really come out here to use them.I took one swimming
the other day and really liked their action.How do you fish it?
Fast,slow,mix it up,make those little legs flap like crazy? I really can't
wait to see BigLips swell up one one.
Jerry,Randy,I know you guys swear by them.
oups.com...

Old May 18th, 2005, 11:55 PM
RATMAN

Iv'e used them up north here in some heavy veg. I didn't like the
hook-up ratio so I quit using them.