Spinning reels

Old January 20th, 2006, 02:58 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Default Spinning reels

I too have been looking at the Shimano Sustain but I'm undecided between the
shimano, the Quantum Energy PT and the Okuma VS. The reviews on Tackle tour
are very impressive on both the PT & the VS.
Is anybody familiar with these reels?

Thanks

Jim L

Old January 20th, 2006, 03:45 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Jim,
I have done a fair amount of research in comparing the Quantum Energy
to the Shimano Sustain. Nearly everyone that I have talked to agrees
that Shimano is the way to go. They say from personal experience and
product history, that Shimano reels prove to be superior. I have also
read ( or come across) more people saying that they have problems with
their Quantum reels than any others. Thats why I decided to go Shimano.
Keep in mind that I did not really consider the other two reels that
you mentioned so definately still consider those. Also, this is just
the information I have gathered, so sorry if I am offending any Quantum
supporters. Hope this helps,

Old January 21st, 2006, 12:24 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Geez,

Thanks for all the info. It seems that everyone is in agreement "Shimano" is
the choice.
Some of the replies have me worried. I have two Okumas that I love. The
experior EB50, I use in the Delaware river for spring strippers and Stratus
ST30 for bassin. Both are smooth as silk. Now you guys have me thinking
there going to fall apart in my hands.
I also have a couple of Shimanos and Daiwas. I serf fish in the fall on LBI
& the tackle shops all say the Okumas are the hottest reels going there. (I
use a Daiwa Emcast.)
Now I'm hearing Okumas don't last. Have I been fooled?

Guess I'll get the Sustain.

You guys know your stuff & I thank you for your input..

Jim L

"John Kerr" wrote in message

Spinning reels

Group: rec.outdoors.fishing.bass Date: Thu, Jan 19, 2006, 7:45pm (CST-2)
From: (T)
Jim,
I have done a fair amount of research in comparing the Quantum Energy to
the Shimano Sustain. Nearly everyone that I have talked to agrees that
Shimano is the way to go. They say from personal experience and product
history, that Shimano reels prove to be superior. I have also read ( or
come across) more people saying that they have problems with their
Quantum reels than any others. Thats why I decided to go Shimano.
Keep in mind that I did not really consider the other two reels
that you mentioned so definately still consider those. Also, this is
just the information I have gathered, so sorry if I am offending any
Quantum supporters. Hope this helps,
======
I have a few Quantum reels and rods, I like em well enough....but I
havn't exactly worn them out either.

John K

Old March 17th, 2006, 02:42 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

I switched to the Cabela Prodigy reel. It is far smoother than my Shimanos
and the bail works better. It is also known as the Daiwa Capricorn but the
Prodigy is a little better. Give it a try.

ups.com...