The VERY best fly fishing destination?

Old September 17th, 2004, 06:34 PM
Charlie Wilson

Default The VERY best fly fishing destination?

"B J Conner" wrote:
Indian cooking is big around here, several restaurants over by the Intel
nerd farm.

That sounds yummy, but cannibalism has been illegal in my state ever
since Alferd Packer gave it such a bad name and screwed it up for everybody
else.

Old September 17th, 2004, 07:17 PM
Frank Reid

on the bright side, there's kayaking and cooking indian.

Ain't they stringy?

/daytripper (waiting for the obligatory "taste like chicken"...)

Chicken Curry
--
Frank Reid
Reverse Email to reply

Old September 18th, 2004, 09:19 AM
Clark Reid

I would obviously say New Zealand, but that's not based on much as I've
never fished anywhere else.

Identifying "the best" is a tough call and individual. I am told by anglers
that travel a lot that if you want to catch numbers (I'm talking freshwater
here) then Alaska and Russia are the places to go.
If you want technical trout fishing, then go to the better US Streams. If
you want sight fishing with dry fly for trout in the 20" plus range... New
Zealand. For bonefish, while I've never so much as seen one apart from in a
photograph, I am assured that the Seychelles first, then Christmas Island.
Someone mentioned Cuba, if you can get there it's meant to be awesome.

I doubt I've been much help but who knows.....

Clark

"Padishar Creel" wrote in message
My wife asked me, "if you couild go anywhere in the world for a fly

fishing
vacation, where would you want to go?"

I answered immediately, "The Seychelles!"

Then I got to wondering if that is really the very best, since I have

never
been there or any really exotic fly fishing locals.. So fellow Roffians,

how
about your opinions on the absolute ultimate fly fishing destination -- IF
money was not a consideration, where would you go now with 9/11 and all?

Chris

Old September 18th, 2004, 06:51 PM
Dave LaCourse

If I could do away with the Russian MIL helicopter, and the Russian airlines,
I'd go to the Kola Peninsula or Kamchatka. Anywhere in Alaska would be my
"safe" choice, particularly the Alaska Sportsman's Lodge on the Kvichak River
(Lake Iliamna). Big silvers, chum, humpies, dolly vardens, grayling, and world
class Rainbows ( 30+ inches). And the bears, scenery, and hospitality at the
lodge are wonderful.