Fly Fishing History 1A

Old November 13th, 2003, 03:14 AM
Willi

Default Fly Fishing History 1A

Wolfgang wrote:

If the guy wants to come unraveled in a public forum, that's his business.
It may be sad to watch, but there's nothing anyone here can do about
it......well, that's not quite true.....his "friends" COULD say something to
him in private about trying to maintain a semblance of dignity, but that
isn't going to happen, is it? We've seen it before.....it's ugly, but it's
no worse than all of us have to look forward to in one way or another in our
own time, and no one is forcing him to make a spectacle of himself.

and you're always so neatly woven?

Willi

Old November 13th, 2003, 03:23 AM
Wolfgang

"Willi" wrote in message

Wolfgang wrote:

If the guy wants to come unraveled in a public forum, that's his

business.
It may be sad to watch, but there's nothing anyone here can do about
it......well, that's not quite true.....his "friends" COULD say

something to
him in private about trying to maintain a semblance of dignity, but that
isn't going to happen, is it? We've seen it before.....it's ugly, but

it's
no worse than all of us have to look forward to in one way or another in

our
own time, and no one is forcing him to make a spectacle of himself.

and you're always so neatly woven?

I'm perfectly willing to leave that determination to you.

Wolfgang

Old November 13th, 2003, 03:37 AM
Stan Gula

"Willi" wrote in message
Here's the cheapest I've found with most styles around $5.00 a 100.

http://www.freewebs.com/flysupplies/hooks.html

There's others around from $7 to $9 a hundred. Quality seems the same
among the one's I've tried. Not quite as good as Tiemco, DaiiChi, or
DaiRiki, but close.

Willi

Thanks for the link.

Old November 13th, 2003, 04:33 AM
Wayne Harrison

"Willi" wrote

and you're always so neatly woven?

Willi

willi: when are you gonna realize that bill is like george was: it's
all about money.

your friend in the old north state
wayno

Old November 13th, 2003, 04:43 AM
rw

Wolfgang wrote:
"RDL" wrote in message

Boy, don't you just love this, Bill posts great information, but gets

flamed

for it most every time. If I were him, I wouldn't bother either.

Oh, horse****.

Yeah, Bill. Please try to stay on topic. This week the subject is
meatloaf recipes.

Old November 13th, 2003, 05:02 AM
Bill Kiene

Hi Willi,

I can't believe that most all the people that come into my fly shop can feel
so different about hooks than the majority of the guys here on ROFF?

We have Targus hooks from Japan that are as cheap or cheaper than Mustad
except on close-out.

I can only assume that what we have always suspected is true. CA is about 20
years ahead technologically than most other states.

PS: How come you seem so normal?

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA
www.kiene.com

"Willi" wrote in message

Stan Gula wrote:

"Willi" wrote in message

PS You can get "no Name" brands of Japanese hooks for less than Mustads.

Willi

Willi, are you talking about Targus? That's the only brand I've seen

here
in New England. I went through a couple of 50 packs last winter, all

dry
fly hooks. In general I liked them, but about 10% of them had burrs on

the
shank that caused a lot of thread breakage until I figured out what was
going on. Not a fatal problem, I just had to be careful and if I found

burr I hit it with a fine file and was careful about putting down a

thread
layer.

--Stan

Old November 13th, 2003, 05:20 AM
Bill Kiene

Hi Wolfy,

I told you before, I am not a real cerebral guy like you educated snobs here
so don't use to many multi-syllable words when you are whacking me.

I am not impressed with smart people. They got it pretty easy. I like people
that were "raised right" and are nice to be around. Does your mom know that
you are a mean bully?

At least T-bone was funny with his high IQ.

PS: It took me about 15 minutes to figure out how to spell "cerebral". I use
that word some but did not know how to spell it. I just finally put it into
"Google" and it corrected it for me. It is an old trick that us retards use
when our spell check doesn't work.

I think some mean people are like alcoholics(spell check worked here) and
after they screw with someone, they feel better.

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA
www.kiene.com

"Wolfgang" wrote in message

"Guyz-N-Flyz" wrote in message
.. .

"Bill Kiene" wrote in message
Bill Kiene

I'd e-mail ya, but I doubt that you'd report my e-mail as a positive;

so,
here goes.

Did you archive GG posts? If so, I'd point out that his style wasn't

all
that well received back when.

HTH

Op --If there weren't so many loverly people postin', I'd still

bother.--

An observation no less astute for the likelihood that it is shared.

Wolfgang
who should, perhaps, be bracing for another decent into the maelstrom?

Old November 13th, 2003, 05:30 AM
Willi

Bill Kiene wrote:

Hi Willi,

I can't believe that most all the people that come into my fly shop can feel
so different about hooks than the majority of the guys here on ROFF?

We have Targus hooks from Japan that are as cheap or cheaper than Mustad
except on close-out.

I can only assume that what we have always suspected is true. CA is about 20
years ahead technologically than most other states.

PS: How come you seem so normal?

I'm not sure how to react to someone accusing me of acting like a
Californian and "normal" on top of it.

Willi

Old November 13th, 2003, 05:30 AM
Willi

Wayne Harrison wrote:

"Willi" wrote

and you're always so neatly woven?

Willi

willi: when are you gonna realize that bill is like george was: it's
all about money.

Maybe when you realize that you don't/didn't know either of the men.

Willi

Old November 13th, 2003, 05:35 AM
Bill Kiene

Thanks Tim,

Finally something helpful. I had never heard that, serious.

(I will now pretend I thought of it and post it every where I can on this
entire darn Internet)

As far as the first jab stuff goes, it was years ago and was way up my butt.

Also, abuse is the only attention I get. In some small ways I think I am
trying to keep the memory of old George alive here.

Tim, it really doesn't matter what you say here. Just ask Wolfy or Kenny.
Those guy would "corn hole" anyone they can.

The secret, Tim, is to keep reading, typing and keep laughing.

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Live Bait Center
Fort Smith, AK

"Snag em', bag em' and drag em'- then smoke the dark ones"
-Al
Perryman 1967

1-800-BIT-MEEE

"Tim Carter" wrote in message

Did you archive GG posts? If so, I'd point out that his style wasn't

all
that well received back when.

HTH

Op --If there weren't so many loverly people postin', I'd still

bother.--

An observation no less astute for the likelihood that it is shared.

Wolfgang
who should, perhaps, be bracing for another decent into the maelstrom?

My Compubox shows Mr. Kiene throwing out the first thinly veiled jab. I'd
have just let him tire himself on some paper tigers, but, he did ask for

it.

As far as the Mustad hooks go, The Fly Tier's Benchside Reference mentions
that pinching a barb down perpendicular to the hook increases the risk of
breaking the tip and suggests pinching the barb parallel to the hook;
inserting the hook only deep enough in the pliers' jaws to cover hook

spear.