KNOT OR SWIVEL for tying FLUOROCARBON Leader to YOZURI-HYBRID Line

Old August 31st, 2004, 12:27 AM
Jay

Default KNOT OR SWIVEL for tying FLUOROCARBON Leader to YOZURI-HYBRID Line

Hello Fellow Fishermen!

I'm doing some sal****er fishing - and wanted to know if it's better
to use a swivel or a knot for the following line & leader:

15 pound Yo-Zuri Hybrid (Flurocarbon/Nylon) to a 40 pound Flurocarbon
Leader (100% Fluro: Berkley Vanish)

Swivel or Knot? If a knot is better, do which knot do you guys think
is best .. blood knot?

Thanks,

Jay
Old August 31st, 2004, 03:55 AM
Sarge

"Jay" wrote in message I'm doing some sal****er fishing - and wanted to know
if it's better to use a swivel or a knot for the following line & leader: 15
pound Yo-Zuri Hybrid (Flurocarbon/Nylon) to a 40 pound Flurocarbon Leader
(100% Fluro: Berkley Vanish) Swivel or Knot? If a knot is better, do which
knot do you guys think is best .. blood knot?

I prefer a swivel. Buy good ones and not the cheap brass ones. They don't
hold up to sal****er fishing.

Sarge

Old September 4th, 2004, 03:45 PM
joe

In article ,
(Jay) wrote:

I'm doing some sal****er fishing - and wanted to know if it's better
to use a swivel or a knot for the following line & leader:

15 pound Yo-Zuri Hybrid (Flurocarbon/Nylon) to a 40 pound Flurocarbon
Leader (100% Fluro: Berkley Vanish)

Swivel or Knot? If a knot is better, do which knot do you guys think
is best .. blood knot?

The biggest concern usually is whether the join will pass through the
guides if needed based on the leader length. Depending on the kind of
gear you are using (casting or stand up maybe) and the leader required
for what you are fishing for.

I use the uni to uni to join lines on everything; freshwater, sal****er
from 4 pound test and 2 pound test fluoro to my flats fishing with 10
pound to 40 pound fluoro.

The uni with larger leader does not always make a knot that will pass
through the tip.

The albright knot makes a more compact join that passes through the tip
easier. I personally have a tougher time with that knot and if you do
not tie it correctly it will slip.

If you don't need to get the join through the tip then the swivel should
be okay. It does introduce one additional possibility for failure
though. One additional note is that there are swivels made that are
designed to be strong and small that can pass through guides. They are
more expensive of course.

good fishin'

atljoe
--