Thanks Big Dale

Old February 18th, 2005, 04:43 PM
Guy Thornberg

Default Thanks Big Dale

Thanks for suggesting Harbor Freight to find the magnifying head gear. They
work great and now I can see to wrap those metallic trims. On the other
hand, I spent a whole lot more than I had planned. To much good stuff in
that store not to mention the excellent pricing.
Guy

Old February 24th, 2005, 06:49 PM
Clark Reid

I rememebr someone mentioning a "Roundkill" flytiers group and I think Big
Dale was a member...

Can csomeone give me some details... Dale???

Clark

Old February 24th, 2005, 11:04 PM
Stan Gula

Clark Reid wrote:
I rememebr someone mentioning a "Roundkill" flytiers group and I
think Big Dale was a member...

Can csomeone give me some details... Dale???

Clark

Hopefully, Dale will chime in with details, but I remember that he ties with
a group called the Roadkill Roundtable, a splinter group of the Dallas
Flyfishers (if I recall correctly)
--
Stan Gula
http://gula.org/roffswaps

Old February 25th, 2005, 05:13 AM
L. C. Clower

Correctimundo. Roadkill Roundtable.

Dale's on AOL and for some reason is exiled from newsgroups right now, have
todrop him an email until AOL gets its act together.

Old February 25th, 2005, 03:09 PM
Guy Thornberg

Saw Dale at DFF meeting Monday night and at Norm Goheen's Wednesday where he
dropped off some beautiful streamers with epoxy bodies and eyes. (for the
upcoming DFF auction I believe) I tried to "borrow" one when no one was
looking but when they counted the flies again I quickly found one lying on
the floor (too pretty to fish anyway).

With the help of Norm's group, I finished the 2 pc. 9" 12/13 wt. for a guy
in Michigan and named it "Sharkey's Stupendous Sticker"... Jerry inlayed
some exotic feathers and did the printing. (you can't read my writing).
After much debate on whether it was a fly rod or a 2X4. Other names included
Sacre Bleu, Le Sacre Grand Baton, Baton Noir, (screw the french)(I mean the
language) and less complimentary names such as "Big POS" and others.

I will try to get in contact with Big Dale and let him know he is being
paged.

We are headed for Beaver's Bend in a couple of hours to try the trout.
Lance is also hauling his BBQ trailer for the BBQ tomorrow. (6,000 lbs. of
BBQ equipment he told me). I will follow in my pick-up to pick up anything
that falls off the rig on our way to Oklahoma. Tomorrow will be a big free
BBQ lunch served at Syd's fly shop in the Park. In my senior capacity, I
will serve in several key roles including "Cooks Assistant", HGGF (Hey Guy,
Go Fetch), Dish Washer, Cleaner Upper & finally "Beggar of Beer."
Please join us if you can! Tomorrow at noon! Guy.

Oh Yes. In my position as "Beggar", If anyone has anything they would like
to donate to the Dallas FlyFishers Auction, please contact me.

Somewhere on my site are some pics of the Roadkill Roundtable tyers.
www.guysflies.com