Bennett Spring State Park, Missouri

Old June 29th, 2009, 01:40 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

Default Bennett Spring State Park, Missouri

Family-Outdoors wrote:
Hell, when my wife dragged me to this state I didn't even know a trout
existed within its borders. Having lived my whole life up until now in
places where I never lived more than a mile from a great trout stream
(Yampa in Colorado and Tonsina, Gulkana, and Klutina in
Alaska...tributaries of the Copper), I have had to adjust my
standards. So I get ****y when people get righteous about what
qualifies as a "fish" or what good fishing is. As soon as I stopped
bitching about being here and started figuring out what opportunities
existed, it's been good.

If anyone here is guilty of righteous "fishism" it's you and Guy.
In elevating the trout, even flaccid, stupid, phony trout, to some
revered status you're dissing some really fine fly fishing right
in your own backyard.

I fish for trout because trout live in beautiful places. Trout
fishing for me is as much about the gorgeous places it takes me
as about the fish itself.

As for that "****y" thing you've got going, try Midol.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old June 29th, 2009, 02:58 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
family-outdoors

On Jun 29, 7:40*am, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:
Family-Outdoors wrote:
[...]

I agree about enjoying the beautiful places that trout fishing can
take you...but you could go wipe your candy ass in any of those places
as well as fish it, so it does have something to do with the fish or
fishing at least.

Who said I am missing that fly fishing (assuming you meant smallmouth)
anyway...I just don't enjoy it as much or write about it. Besides
Ken, as you should know having once spent a fair amount of time in
this area, during Summer months, the Current and Meramec are complete
madhouses (equally redneck and obnoxious as the bait area of a trout
park) and at least in my opinion, not much fun to fish. If fishing
for smallmouth, even the Jacks Fork is pretty bad this time of
year...and that leaves the Niangua and Eleven-Point that come to
mind. I am fishing the Eleven-Point in a couple of weeks which I
already mentioned and in addition to trout, I will fish smallmouth.

I think you meant I should try Preparation H because what's making me
****y is a pain in my ass
Old June 29th, 2009, 06:02 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry

Family-Outdoors wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Family-Outdoors wrote:
[...]

What you call "candy ass" I refer to as "conservative wading".
Ken's cardinal rule of wet wading: "Thou shalt at all times
keepeth dry thy family jewels". But you're not the first one
to call it candy ass although you're the only one to do so
without first having fished with my candy ass. What I'm saying
about beautiful places is that if carp lived there, I'd fish
for carp.

I think you meant I should try Preparation H because what's making me
****y is a pain in my ass

Too much information, *WAY* too much information. Please keep
your rectal problems to yourself.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old June 29th, 2009, 07:09 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
family-outdoors

On Jun 29, 12:02*pm, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:
Family-Outdoors wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Family-Outdoors wrote:
[...]

Half the hillbilly fishermen I run into on Ozark streams think waders
are a pair of walmart tennis shoes and cutoff jeans. The last time I
fished Little Piney my oldest son had to wade past two lesbian whales
(I believe his fantasies were instantly dashed) to get to the riffle
he was after.

I am rather pleased that most of those beautiful places are sans
carp.

Sorry about the reference to my ass discomfort, but I believe you know
what I meant. I am sure I'd enjoy fishing with you but it's a whole
lot easier to call a guy a candy ass over the internet
Old June 29th, 2009, 07:43 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry

Family-Outdoors wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Family-Outdoors wrote:
I agree about enjoying the beautiful places that trout fishing can
take you...but you could go wipe your candy ass in any of those places
as well as fish it, so it does have something to do with the fish or
fishing at least. ...

What you call "candy ass" I refer to as "conservative wading".
Ken's cardinal rule of wet wading: "Thou shalt at all times
keepeth dry thy family jewels". But you're not the first one
to call it candy ass although you're the only one to do so
without first having fished with my candy ass. What I'm saying
about beautiful places is that if carp lived there, I'd fish
for carp.

Half the hillbilly fishermen I run into on Ozark streams think waders
are a pair of walmart tennis shoes and cutoff jeans. ...

When I was a twenty-something I lived on Lake Guntersville in Alabama,
a great largemouth fishery. My wading uniform was a pair of cutoff
bib overalls and a pair of high top Converse All Stars. The pocket
in the bib was perfect for holding flies, tippet etc. I brought the
uniform north and wore it trout fishing in Minnesota until the day
I got out of the stream and found 16 leeches on my legs. I only wear
waders in cold weather, never in the summer, but now I wear long pants
made of quick dry nylon for wet wading. I just don't understand wearing
waders when it's hot outside. I've never met a pair of waders yet,
"breathable" or not, that didn't leave me wet and clammy with sweat.
The nylon dries in five minutes and is much more comfortable for me.

--
Ken Fortenberry