Off to Penns!!!

Old August 18th, 2004, 11:24 PM
Tom Littleton

Default Off to Penns!!!

Well all, it is time for another long-overdue trip up to Penn's. We are getting
into the midge season, but Slate Drakes are about as well. Further, recent
rains have brought the Creek to a very good streamer-fishing level. Mr Reid
threatens to bring a float tube for 3-streamer Stan's Pool; I am entrusted to
bring 50 yards of sturdy rope, and will pack a camera for photos of the
near-inevitable rescue. Any reading this should feel free to head to Hemlock
Acres from tomorrow night until midday Sunday and hook up with us.
If conditions are bad at Penn's, I might suggest a trip to Spring Creek. Of
course, given my 25 years of experience sitting on barstools and such, I can
assure you, with my head as far up my ass as the next Fortenberry, that Spring
Creek is merely a myth, and is but an overgrown, unfishable swamp. Likewise,
the poorly named Big Fishing Creek, which shouldn't even appear on topo maps,
yet somehow does. No one should bother with either!!
Peterson Guide in
Hand,
Tom
PS--noted in RDean's summary that Opie has been investing in smoking jackets.
Advice for you, Mark, for Serious smoking, avoid the jackets.....the seeds
will
just burn annoying little holes in them when they drop on the tweed, and
damned if that doesn't just **** a fellow right off......
Old August 18th, 2004, 11:35 PM
Ken Fortenberry

Tom Littleton wrote:

... Spring
Creek is merely a myth, and is but an overgrown, unfishable swamp. ...

That's not what it says in the brochure. ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old August 19th, 2004, 12:38 AM
Peter Charles

On 18 Aug 2004 22:24:04 GMT, (Tom Littleton) wrote:

[...]

Slay 'em Tom, slay 'em (C&R speaking of course)

and get video of Frank jr. -- that's worth at least $100,000.00 on
AFV.

You're right BTW, Spring Creek is a myth alright -- golden trout
indeed, harrumph!!!

Peter

turn mailhot into hotmail to reply

Visit The Streamer Page at
http://www.mountaincable.net/~pcharl...ers/index.html

Old August 19th, 2004, 12:39 AM
Peter Charles

[...]

Oh ya, and email later about which one of those little fellas you
emailed me about, worked the best . . . .

Old August 19th, 2004, 01:57 AM
Tom Littleton

Peter requests:
Oh ya, and email later about which one of those little fellas you
emailed me about, worked the best

Well, sure, Frank and Mike are both shorter than me, but "little fellas" is a
bit harsh....oh, you meant the flies!!! Will fill you in on the success rate
for each, as I will use them every morning and perhaps during other parts of
the day as well.
Tom

Old August 19th, 2004, 02:09 AM
vincent p. norris

If conditions are bad at Penn's.......

You may already know this, Tom, but the NWS is prophesying 30 or 40%
chance of rain every day from now through Saturday.

Of course, it also forecast a lot of rain and even issued flood
watches last weekend, but since the 13th we've had only .01 inch.

I can assure you....., that Spring Creek is merely a myth

I've lived almost on the bank of Spring Crick since 1960, and I ain't
never seen it no better than it was on Wednesday afternoon.

Even I caught fish!

One couple, who had driven over from Chagrin Falls, Ohio, claimed they
had caught 20.

Good luck!

vince