crayfish for bait ?????????????

Old April 13th, 2007, 04:01 AM posted to alt.fishing.catfish
Rodney Long

Default crayfish for bait ?????????????

Do they work well for cats, if you have them, or are other baits better
? like liver or cut bait ?
--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Mojo SpecTastic "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread,
Old April 13th, 2007, 04:10 AM posted to alt.fishing.catfish
James Freeman

Rodney:

They work great for channel cats.

Old April 13th, 2007, 04:22 AM posted to alt.fishing.catfish
Rodney Long

James Freeman wrote:
Rodney:

They work great for channel cats.

I bought me a trap for them, and have it out now,, Plan on using them
for cats tomorrow night,, any special way to hook them ?

Old April 13th, 2007, 05:19 AM posted to alt.fishing.catfish
James Freeman

Rodney:

I always hook them thru the tail from bottom to top side.

Old April 13th, 2007, 05:30 AM posted to alt.fishing.catfish
Rodney Long

James Freeman wrote:
Rodney:

I always hook them thru the tail from bottom to top side.

Ok explain this a bit more, where in the bottom and out where ?

Old April 13th, 2007, 12:39 PM posted to alt.fishing.catfish
James Freeman

On a 2 inch crayfish, I would start the hook from the bottom of the tail
about 1/4 of a inch in front or the rear fin. True to the top side of the
tail.

"Rodney Long" wrote in message
news

Old April 18th, 2007, 02:41 AM posted to alt.fishing.catfish
Nick

Crayfish are excellent for catching the smaller channel and flathead
catfish. We have used them a lot. As a bonus, we sometimmes pull a nice
smallmouth out of the river on them too! We catch them in a local creek
using a long handled fine mesh net like the bait shop uses in theiir big
tank. Sometimes, we also use a seine. The smaller Ohio river cats average
around 5-8 pounds, so an afternoon or evening catching them is great fun!

Fishinprof