Fly photo reference

Old November 5th, 2005, 01:16 PM
Mike Connor

Default Fly photo reference

http://www.umpqua.com/cgi-bin/flies....tion=showIndex

TL
MC

Old November 5th, 2005, 05:03 PM
Daniel-San

"Mike Connor" wrote ...
http://www.umpqua.com/cgi-bin/flies....tion=showIndex

TL
MC

Friend of mine gave me this in book form -- with pictures and recipes. Very
nice gift last year.

Dan

Old November 5th, 2005, 06:02 PM
David

Friend of mine gave me this in book form -- with pictures and recipes. Very
nice gift last year.

Dan

Thanks for the useful reference Sir. It made wading through the hip
deep mire of ideological advocacy and hate mongering almost worth it.
:-)

David Napierkowski

Old November 5th, 2005, 06:22 PM
Ken Fortenberry

David wrote:
Friend of mine gave me this in book form -- with pictures and recipes. Very
nice gift last year.

Thanks for the useful reference Sir. It made wading through the hip
deep mire of ideological advocacy and hate mongering almost worth it.
:-)

This was also posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying

That newsgroup has very little, if any, of the conversations
you're whining about. It's like roff for wussies. You could
have subscribed to rofft, read the useful reference, removed
roff from the crossposting in your reply and posted your
first sentence only to rofft. But instead you decided to post
to roff.

Good luck with that.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old November 5th, 2005, 09:28 PM
David

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
David wrote:
Friend of mine gave me this in book form -- with pictures and recipes. Very
nice gift last year.

Thanks for the useful reference Sir. It made wading through the hip
deep mire of ideological advocacy and hate mongering almost worth it.
:-)

This was also posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying

That newsgroup has very little, if any, of the conversations
you're whining about. It's like roff for wussies. You could
have subscribed to rofft, read the useful reference, removed
roff from the crossposting in your reply and posted your
first sentence only to rofft. But instead you decided to post
to roff.

Good luck with that.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Thanks so much for that. You have simply illustrated my point had I
cared to include non sequitors (from) such as your kind self. Also the
*net Gestapo* critique as to what groups I should read and to which I
should post was also rather typical.

David Napierkowski
All typos are the responsibility of
my spell check program.

Old November 6th, 2005, 12:27 AM
Ken Fortenberry

David wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
... You could
have subscribed to rofft, read the useful reference, removed
roff from the crossposting in your reply and posted your
first sentence only to rofft. But instead you decided to post
to roff.

Good luck with that.

Thanks so much for that. You have simply illustrated my point had I
cared to include non sequitors (from) such as your kind self. Also the
*net Gestapo* critique as to what groups I should read and to which I
should post was also rather typical.

David Napierkowski
All typos are the responsibility of
my spell check program.

Apparently your spell check program;
a) doesn't know the difference between could and should
b) doesn't know how to spell non sequitur
c) doesn't have a ****ing clue what non sequitur means

And your Gestapo reference is as stupid as it is offensive.

Now go eat **** and die, you addlebrained ****wit.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old November 6th, 2005, 04:49 AM

And your Gestapo reference is as stupid as it is offensive. Now go eat **** and die, you addlebrained ****wit. -- Ken Fortenberry

Oh very good Sir. Thank you so much for simply making my point in your
own rather arrogant pseudo intellectual fashion. However, for your
reference -

non se·qui·tur (nn skw-tr, -tr)
n.
1. An inference or conclusion that does not follow from the premises or
evidence.
2. A statement that does not follow logically from what preceded it.

[Latin nn sequitur, it does not follow : nn, not + sequitur, third
person sing. present tense of sequ, to follow.]

And I see Darth Sithathar AKA Wolfie of *Wolfgang is an Asshole* thread
infamy has railed to your support. Sorry rallied. How predictable.
Thanks Wolfie for the reinforcement. (Iknow it was unintended.)

Regarding your rather transparent and seemingly servile, posturing
affront at being referred to with the appellation Gestapo, I am sure
you would appreciate the context in which it was used as being....

**of the German security police organized under the Nazi regime.
2. gestapo Of, relating to, or characteristic of terroristic police
methods or operations vis : gestapo tactics.** ...

and specifically in context of the present situation the *...ROFF list
gestapo. * But you know it IS a bit puzzling that with your seemingly
highly held intellectual self esteem, you could not make that
association and took such apparent insult.

But really now it's not like calling another human being a *****wad* as
you so quaintly phrased it, is it?

It really is a pity you know as both you and Wolfie really do seem to
know quite a bit about fresh water fly fishing and have a lot of
knowledge to share with us mere mortals. Too bad your bile and
perceptual mean spiritedness detracts from it. It is unfortunate, and
I say this sincerely, that you seem to be more interested calling
people *****wads* and *assholes* and impugning character and good
intent than sharing with us your knowledge of this wonderful sport.

I am seriously considering joining up with one of your *clavs* and
meeting one of you fine fellows nose-to-nose so to speak. It should
not be hard to do as I'm within an hour's drive of the U.P. and have
fished the region for a few decades now. If you see an oldish fellow
with longish white hair, a few scars and two rather large Gordon
Setters, that'll be me. If it's after 15 September I'll have a
shotgun with me for the Ruffed Grouse AKA Pat'ridge. No. No. That's
not a threat. I'm a total pacifist ( and Libertarian) and upland game
season starts then.

Ta ta all. And thanks you two. You really reinforce why one should not
post to this group unless it concerns fly fishing.

David Napierkowski

Old November 6th, 2005, 12:13 PM
Wolfgang

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Well......gosh. That sure is a whole lot of words. With your permission, I
think I'll add them to my collection.

Wolfgang
who has room for many more.