Fishing Scotland

Old January 26th, 2004, 12:51 PM
Tim J.

Default Fishing Scotland

"Wolfgang" wrote...
"Greg Pavlov" wrote...

Many of the waters in the US will eventually be
controlled in a similar manner, tho I would guess
there will also be a lot of access by lottery.

Maybe. Fly fishing has steadily gained in popularity for the last twenty
years and the trend certainly could continue, but there is no reason to
suppose that it is necessarily so. Consider, for example, the likelihood
that the average age of fly fishers is probably higher than that for many
other outdoor activities.

Another factor that may possibly stay the masses is that it's been a while since
anyone ran a recruitment campaign by making a movie glorifying the sport.
--
TL,
Tim

Old January 26th, 2004, 01:50 PM
Bill P

Own it but cannot fish it?! And yet another collective pin in the voodoo
doll of flyfisherpersons... At least us older farts still active and are
not being put off by some ill-mannered newcomer totally dressed to the 9's
in Orvis garb and gear wading right down the middle of the stream as in the
days just after "A river ran through it!" This is the ONE thing about the
downturn that makes it worth while going out again.

Bill in Phx.

"Hooked" wrote in message
"Greg Pavlov" wrote in message

A friend of mine owns a house on the Spey,
but she does not have the right to fish it:
someone else owns the fishing rights.

I do believe that I would have to get to know my neighbors real good.

Or is this "someone else" some sort of "Duke of Something" with a rod up

his
ass?

Old January 26th, 2004, 09:22 PM
Willi

Wolfgang wrote:
Then too, fly fishing as it is
practiced in the U.S. today depends pretty heavily on a general level of
affluence that we have come to take for granted for a couple of generations
but which recent evidence suggests may not continue indefinitely.

I think interest is waning. I think fly fishing is on its way to once
again being judged as eccentric instead of cool.

Willi

Old January 26th, 2004, 09:59 PM
Tim J.

"Willi" wrote...
Wolfgang wrote:
Then too, fly fishing as it is
practiced in the U.S. today depends pretty heavily on a general level of
affluence that we have come to take for granted for a couple of generations
but which recent evidence suggests may not continue indefinitely.

I think interest is waning. I think fly fishing is on its way to once
again being judged as eccentric instead of cool.

Well, then, that's it for me. I'm already WAY too cool for this crowd.
--
TL,
Tim

Old January 26th, 2004, 11:28 PM
rw

Wolfgang wrote:

I mean, let's face it, this isn't going to make
anyone's list of x-games.

Obviously, you've never fished with Bruiser. :-)

Old January 26th, 2004, 11:54 PM
Wolfgang

"rw" wrote in message
. ..
Wolfgang wrote:

I mean, let's face it, this isn't going to make
anyone's list of x-games.

Obviously, you've never fished with Bruiser. :-)

Nope, haven't had the pleasure. However, I'm not yet so decrepit or jaded
that I'll dismiss the prospect of a bit of adventure out of hand. Is he
likely to make me do anything much more strenuous or dangerous than climbing
waterfalls with a fly rod clamped in my teeth?

Wolfgang
who would like a detailed prospectus with photos, route maps, rescue
options, etc., if so.

Old January 27th, 2004, 09:54 AM
Hooked

"JR" wrote in message ...

And will be getting to an age at which strolling on the local golf
course may seem more appealing than searching for, catching and
releasing the 10,000th trout.

This is total bull****!!!

Golfing is for those who don't know how to fish!!!!!!

Old January 27th, 2004, 09:59 AM
Hooked

"Tim J." wrote in message

Well, then, that's it for me. I'm already WAY too cool for this crowd.

Only if you live in a far northern climate than I do.

Go fishing here right now and you won't be cool, you'll be frozen!!!!!

Old January 27th, 2004, 10:01 AM
Hooked

"smiles" wrote in message
A good many salmon rivers here in Eastern Canada have privately owned
sections that were accorded to families when Canada was first colonized.

--

Damn French colonies are no better than the Limey *******s!!

Old January 27th, 2004, 10:01 AM
JR

Hooked wrote:

"JR" wrote in message ...

And will be getting to an age at which strolling on the local golf
course may seem more appealing than searching for, catching and
releasing the 10,000th trout.

This is total bull****!!!

Just commenting on social trends, not endorsing them.

Golfing is for those who don't know how to fish!!!!!!

Not to mention that most golf courses are small-scale environmental
disasters.

JR
--BTW, you misspelled !!!! and !!!!!!!!!! g