OK, who did it........

Old February 19th, 2004, 09:07 PM
Dave LaCourse

Default OK, who did it........

I received Jim Enger's "The Incompleat Angler - A Fly Fishing Odyssey" in the
mail today. No one in my family or my local fly fishing (Lakewood) friends
sent it, so it's gotta be someone on ROFF.

Who ever you are, thank you. I am familiar with Enger's writing in "Fly Rod and
Reel", and "Fly Fisherman". I will enjoy this read, so, again, thank you
whomever you are.
Dave

http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html

Old February 19th, 2004, 09:12 PM
Wayne Knight

"Dave LaCourse" wrote in message
I received Jim Enger's "The Incompleat Angler - A Fly Fishing Odyssey" in

the
mail today. No one in my family or my local fly fishing (Lakewood)

friends
sent it, so it's gotta be someone on ROFF.

I didn't send it but tis a good read from a good Michigan writer/flyfisher.

Old February 20th, 2004, 01:05 AM
snakefiddler

"Dave LaCourse" wrote in message
I received Jim Enger's "The Incompleat Angler - A Fly Fishing Odyssey" in

the
mail today. No one in my family or my local fly fishing (Lakewood)

friends
sent it, so it's gotta be someone on ROFF.

Who ever you are, thank you. I am familiar with Enger's writing in "Fly

Rod and
Reel", and "Fly Fisherman". I will enjoy this read, so, again, thank you
whomever you are.
Dave

http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html

Maybe we have a book fairy on ROFF. Let's see, my dream book would be
Appalachia on Our Minds by Henry Shapiro....

Snakefiddler- bipitty-boppity-boo..
(one can only wish)

Old February 20th, 2004, 01:47 AM
Wayne Knight

http://dogbert.abebooks.com/servlet/...L?bi=167746970

Old February 20th, 2004, 02:54 AM
snakefiddler

"Wayne Knight" wrote in message

"snakefiddler" wrote in message

Maybe we have a book fairy on ROFF. Let's see, my dream book would be
Appalachia on Our Minds by Henry Shapiro....

http://dogbert.abebooks.com/servlet/...L?bi=167746970

Thanks Wayne-
best price I have seen on it yet...

-Snake

Old February 20th, 2004, 01:45 PM
Wolfgang

"snakefiddler" wrote in message

Maybe we have a book fairy on ROFF. Let's see, my dream book would

be
Appalachia on Our Minds by Henry Shapiro....

Jan Swammerdam's "A Figure of Man's Miserable Life"........English
translation......please.

Wolfgang
thank you.

Old February 20th, 2004, 07:49 PM
snakefiddler

"Wolfgang" wrote in message

"snakefiddler" wrote in message

Maybe we have a book fairy on ROFF. Let's see, my dream book would

be
Appalachia on Our Minds by Henry Shapiro....

Jan Swammerdam's "A Figure of Man's Miserable Life"........English
translation......please.

Wolfgang
thank you.

In what language was it first published?

Snake

Old February 20th, 2004, 08:18 PM
William Claspy

On 2/20/04 2:49 PM, in article ,
"snakefiddler" wrote:

"Wolfgang" wrote in message

"snakefiddler" wrote in message

Maybe we have a book fairy on ROFF. Let's see, my dream book would

be
Appalachia on Our Minds by Henry Shapiro....

Jan Swammerdam's "A Figure of Man's Miserable Life"........English
translation......please.

Wolfgang
thank you.

In what language was it first published?

Dutch, 1675.

We've got an 18th century German version of the Biblia Naturae (Bibel der
Natur), Wolfgang, but I can't send it to you. :-) You're welcome to stop on
your way to Penns and have a look though.

Here's a neat quote from the Dictionary of Scientific Biography (article
author Mary P. Winsor): "Some biographers describe Swammerdam as a mystic,
for he was a follower of a woman who purportedly had spoken with God, and he
saw in the short flight of the mayfly an image of man's own brief
existence."

Bill

Bill

Old February 20th, 2004, 08:52 PM
asadi

"snakefiddler" wrote in message
. . .my dream book would be

....anything with foldouts...

john

Old February 20th, 2004, 11:29 PM
snakefiddler

"asadi" wrote in message

"snakefiddler" wrote in message
. . .my dream book would be

...anything with foldouts...

john

LOL- No John, those would be categorized as magazines..... I know this,
I seen em in my brother's bedroom once....

Snakefiddler- not that I was snoopin or anything....