Bend Over, USA

Old December 13th, 2003, 09:42 PM
Wolfgang

Default Bend Over, USA

"Jim" wrote in message
On 11 Dec 2003 00:08:57 GMT, Stephen Welsh
wrote:

I could possibly draw some fire from New Zealand if you like ...

John Mitchell

Steve

That name is enough to flush one NZ lurker out. His heinious deeds are
too many to list and irrelevant to NH ROFFians. Hang, draw and
quartering should be brought back for special cases.
By the way Stephen it is rugby union not rugby league (that's like a
calling a Kiwi and Aussie) and it is largely confined to south
Auckland.
Having got that off my chest I can hear a trout calling me so I must
pick up my 5wt, some hare 'n' coppers and stroll down to the local
river.

Jim

TWEEEET! Foul! Stirring the pot and then lighting out to go fishing!
Penalty kick, OZ!

30-Love.

Play ball!

Wolfgang

Old December 13th, 2003, 10:29 PM
Tim Lysyk

Willi wrote:

"Best in Show".

One of the characters (Harlan Pepper, played by Chris Guest) is a flyshop
owner from North Carolina.

I thought it was a hoot. The characters were accurate stereotypes of
people that show dogs. Someone behind the movie was involved in the dog
show game as well as being a fly fishermen. The dog show aspects as well
as the fly fishing parts were well done.

Willi

One of my favorite scenes in the movie was when Harlan Pepper was
explaining about using a parachute adams with a small PT nymph as
dropper to the two yuppies who didn't have clue what he was talking
about. It was brilliant.

Tim Lysyk

Old December 13th, 2003, 10:37 PM
Wolfgang

"Tim Lysyk" wrote in message
Willi wrote:

"Best in Show".

One of the characters (Harlan Pepper, played by Chris Guest) is a

flyshop
owner from North Carolina.

I thought it was a hoot. The characters were accurate stereotypes of
people that show dogs. Someone behind the movie was involved in the dog
show game as well as being a fly fishermen. The dog show aspects as well
as the fly fishing parts were well done.

Willi

One of my favorite scenes in the movie was when Harlan Pepper was
explaining about using a parachute adams with a small PT nymph as
dropper to the two yuppies who didn't have clue what he was talking
about. It was brilliant.

Tim Lysyk

Oh yes, that fractured me up as well!

Becky
?

Old December 14th, 2003, 02:19 PM
Jeff Miller

hello becky!!! good to hear your voice again. g have you yet
convinced wolfie that the two of you should travel to carolina for a
walkabout in the mountains? joyce kilmer, slick rock, the smokies,
snowbird... all good spots to spend a week shorn of civilization and you
might even meet a harlan or two...

jeff

Old December 14th, 2003, 08:34 PM
Stephen Welsh

"Wolfgang" wrote in
:

TWEEEET! Foul! Stirring the pot and then lighting out to go
fishing! Penalty kick, OZ!

Welcome to the Apatheia, the southern lands between SA and ...well
SA.

;-)

Steve
Old December 15th, 2003, 07:23 AM
Jim

On 14 Dec 2003 20:25:29 GMT, Stephen Welsh
wrote:

Actually to some of the SH ones too ... :-) I'm no student of the
code (being a Vic. Aussie rules), but with what little knowledge I
do have, WTH wasn't Andrew Mehrtens (sp?) on deck?

Not only Mehrtens but Mitchell dumped Cullen, Oliver and Randell as
well. The four have played 220 test matches between them and he then
blames the loss to Oz in the semifinals on immaturity when he had got
rid of the mature (experienced) players. The better team cleaned us up
fair and square.

Gulp! I hope the league/union confusion is not a "special case".
As I said ... I don't really follow either code ... I have to
agree though the codes are like chalk and cheese once the whistle
is blat. However, I reckon union offers the potential for much more
mayhem than league - I like that.

I know nothing of the sublities of Aussie rules but it sure looks fun
to play. After playing rugby union for 35 yrs I had to retire as I
couldn't get out of bed on Sunday mornings and it wasn't due to the
Saturday night post match festivities.

A much better pastime ... how'd ya go?

No good at all. Heavy rain up in the hills meant the local river was
running high and dirty enough to plough and plant spuds in. Come the
New Year however, I'm off to the sunny Mahia peninsular (east coast of
the NI) to do a bit of sal****er fishing, catch up with old friends,
drink more then I should and tell many lies.

I hope that Xmas and New Year treat you and yours well and that you
enjoy the holiday season. Likewise to all ROFFians

Jim
Old December 15th, 2003, 09:33 PM
Stephen Welsh

wrote:

Actually to some of the SH ones too ... :-) I'm no student of the
code (being a Vic. Aussie rules), but with what little knowledge I
do have, WTH wasn't Andrew Mehrtens (sp?) on deck?

Not only Mehrtens but Mitchell dumped Cullen, Oliver and Randell as
well. The four have played 220 test matches between them and he then
blames the loss t....[snippage]

I didn't realise the extent of the culling, we mostly heard about
Mehrtens (I must say there was some relief when he was omitted)

I know nothing of the sublities of Aussie rules but it sure looks fun
to play.

It was that ... though over officiated these days ...

After playing rugby union for 35 yrs I had to retire as I
couldn't get out of bed on Sunday mornings ...

35 years!! Very well done ... bloody hell... you must have racked up
400+ plus games? No flamin' wonder you were a bit creaky ...

A much better pastime ... how'd ya go?

No good at all. Heavy rain ...

Ah well, you never can trust trout calls ;-)

Come the
New Year however, I'm off to the sunny Mahia peninsular (east coast of
the NI) to do a bit of sal****er fishing, catch up with old friends,
drink more then I should and tell many lies.

What? No surfing ;-)

Come the new Year its off to Tassie to do similar things in the
Central Highlands ... no surfing though.

I hope that Xmas and New Year treat you and yours well and that you
enjoy the holiday season. Likewise to all ROFFians

Same to you Jim, get into those Snapper and Kingies,
perhaps we'll see you hereabouts again soon,

Steve