DDSFS

Old October 6th, 2006, 05:25 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mr. Opus McDopus

Default DDSFS

Tryin' to finish up the last of my flies, Tim. Some are better than others,
but I'll be sendin' two flies for each tier and hopefully some extras for
the swapmeister--in addition to his two.

By the way, is there anyone out there who would write a research proposal
for me along the lines of Hispanic voting patterns and third party
probabilities? I saw the neuro-doc today, but my hands are fadin' fast.
Gotta get another MRI next week and then we set a date for surgery.

Op

Old October 6th, 2006, 05:46 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Daniel-San

"Mr. Opus McDopus" wrote ...

Tryin' to finish up the last of my flies, Tim. Some are better than
others, but I'll be sendin' two flies for each tier and hopefully some
extras for the swapmeister--in addition to his two.

By the way, is there anyone out there who would write a research proposal
for me along the lines of Hispanic voting patterns and third party
probabilities? I saw the neuro-doc today, but my hands are fadin' fast.
Gotta get another MRI next week and then we set a date for surgery.

Op

I have no idea what you mean by "third party probabilities." Are you tring
to demonstrate that Hispanics would/would not vote for a third party
candidate?

And just as a continuance of our half-hearted and ridiculous political
scientist versus historian joust, I'll point out that I indicated you would
find information to back a hypothesis rather than look at the information
and see what it says.

Seriously, I hope the doc has good news. Sounds like a damned complicated
issue.

Dan
...who seems to be spending too much time on ROFF lately.

Old October 6th, 2006, 06:07 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mr. Opus McDopus

"Daniel-San" (Rot13) wrote in message
om...

"Mr. Opus McDopus" wrote ...

Tryin' to finish up the last of my flies, Tim. Some are better than
others, but I'll be sendin' two flies for each tier and hopefully some
extras for the swapmeister--in addition to his two.

By the way, is there anyone out there who would write a research proposal
for me along the lines of Hispanic voting patterns and third party
probabilities? I saw the neuro-doc today, but my hands are fadin' fast.
Gotta get another MRI next week and then we set a date for surgery.

Op

I have no idea what you mean by "third party probabilities." Are you tring
to demonstrate that Hispanics would/would not vote for a third party
candidate?

No, I am posing, theoretically, that there will eventually be a third party,
comprised of Hispanics, that will arise just as other third parties have
done.

And just as a continuance of our half-hearted and ridiculous political
scientist versus historian joust, I'll point out that I indicated you
would find information to back a hypothesis rather than look at the
information and see what it says.

I'm not sure what you are talkin' about? I was pickin' at you, just as I
thought you were doing. There was no serious intent in the "joust," for my
part anyway.

I'll handle my research proposal just fine, I believe, from a research
prospective. It's my hands that I ain't so sure about. I have difficulty
even holding a pen in hand.

Not sure what you are saying here?

"...I'll point out that I indicated you would
find information to back a hypothesis rather than look at the information
and see what it says."

Seriously, I hope the doc has good news. Sounds like a damned complicated
issue.

Not really so complicate, as it is frustrating. According to the neuro-doc
anyway. He made it sound like a walk in the park, albeit with a neck brace
on for a week or so :~^ )

Dan
..who seems to be spending too much time on ROFF lately.

Apparently, anytime spent on ROFF is too much time spent on ROFF, for me
anyway.

Op

Old October 6th, 2006, 06:20 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Daniel-San

"Mr. Opus McDopus" wrote...

"Daniel-San" wrote...

"Mr. Opus McDopus" wrote ...

[...]

Apparently, my very lame attempt at inter-disciplinary-rivalry based humor
did not work. Absolutely nothing serious intended. Goofing around. Merely
stating a commonly held (if only in a humoristic sense) belief (among
historians, anyway) regarding research methods in poli.sci. No offense
intended. I'd apologize for any confusion, but . . .

I'll handle my research proposal just fine, I believe, from a research
prospective. It's my hands that I ain't so sure about. I have difficulty
even holding a pen in hand.

Not sure what you are saying here?

"...I'll point out that I indicated you would
find information to back a hypothesis rather than look at the information
and see what it says."

See above. Goofing around. Historians tend to think that they are the only
true empiricists in the academy. All others find data to suit their
hypotheses.The high and mighty historian, OTOH, finds the info empirically
and then draws conclusions.

Seriously, I hope the doc has good news. Sounds like a damned complicated
issue.

Not really so complicate, as it is frustrating. According to the
neuro-doc anyway. He made it sound like a walk in the park, albeit with a
neck brace on for a week or so :~^ )

Yikes.

Dan
....seriously, I was goofing around.

Old October 6th, 2006, 06:34 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mr. Opus McDopus

"Daniel-San" (Rot13) wrote in message
m...

Apparently, my very lame attempt at inter-disciplinary-rivalry based
humor

did not work. Absolutely nothing serious intended. Goofing around. Merely
stating a commonly held (if only in a humoristic sense) belief (among
historians, anyway) regarding research methods in poli.sci. No offense
intended. I'd apologize for any confusion, but . . .

No, it's late and I am medicated of late. I was afraid that you had taken
offense to my reply to your comments about political scientist. The
"ridiclous" part kinda thru me, and I thought I had touch a sensitive spot,
as I know how sensitive you historians can be :~^ ) ---BIG SMILEY FACE!

See above. Goofing around. Historians tend to think that they are the only
true empiricists in the academy. All others find data to suit their
hypotheses.The high and mighty historian, OTOH, finds the info empirically
and then draws conclusions.

As I am no political scientist, merely a student of the field of study, I
certainly can't disgree with any of the above

Yikes.

It's not really as bad as it sounds, except that the neck brace is much like
one of those funnel collars the keep pets from licking their wounds! I just
know the guyz at work will have a great time throwning food, paper, nutz and
bolts... in an attempt to feed me!

Dan
...seriously, I was goofing around.

Same here!

Op

Old October 6th, 2006, 10:21 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Joe McIntosh

"Mr. Opus McDopus" wrote in message
By the way, is there anyone out there who would write a research proposal
for me along the lines of Hispanic voting patterns and third party
probabilities? I saw the neuro-doc today, but my hands are fadin' fast.
Gotta get another MRI next week and then we set a date for surgery.

Op
Indian Joe offers---my paper on third party probabilities would be
short--about the same chance of it happening anytime soon when most of our
people seem more interested in reality shows than the future of our
country. Hope you saw Bill Moyer;s show on PBS early this week, his guests
offered that if the other party got in office there would be little
change--they are all into the power, money and getting reelected.

Until a Hispanic leader can gether their vote I see it as a slow growing
block nationally. Interesting article in NYT this week re relationships
between Blacks and Hispanics in Ga.
" They don't like to work and they are always in jail," said Benito
Gonzalezm51, a Mexican immigrant who has worked along-side blacks in a
poultry plant. " If there is hard work to be done,the blacks, they leave and
they don"t come back. That's why the bosses prefer Mexicans and why so many
Mexicans are working in the factories here."

Old October 6th, 2006, 10:52 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry

Joe McIntosh wrote:

Indian Joe offers snip

Pathetic.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old October 7th, 2006, 12:47 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mr. Opus McDopus

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
. net...
Joe McIntosh wrote:

Indian Joe offers snip

Pathetic.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Yes you are! But point out a single thing that IJ posted that was.

Op

Old October 7th, 2006, 02:57 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Joe McIntosh wrote:

Indian Joe offers snip

Pathetic.

Arsehole.

Wolfgang
face it kennie......you STILL haven't found anybody you can whup. best
to just keep kissing kennie's and dicklet's arses.

Old October 9th, 2006, 09:36 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Bob Weinberger

"Mr. Opus McDopus" wrote in message
snip
Not really so complicate, as it is frustrating. According to the
neuro-doc anyway. He made it sound like a walk in the park, albeit with a
neck brace on for a week or so :~^ )

snip
Op

Op,
It really is a walk in the park.
I had a laminectomy of C5, C6 almost 20 yrs ago.
The pain/ numbess & loss of strength in my arms & hands were totally
releived and have not returned. The only negative after effect was a patch
of skin on my back was rubbed raw (healed within days) by spending so much
time on the table in an awkward position. I'm sure that techniques must be
even better today. In those days they went in thru the front of the neck (
no scar visible) and used cadaver bone to replace the two disks they
removed.
I had to wear a Philadelphia collar (neck brace for several weeks post-op.
I'm afraid that I really upset the nurse who gave me my discharge
instructions:
" Now you are not to drive for 3 weeks."
" Thats OK I'll ride my bike to work."
"NO!!!"
" Are you telling me that I'll need to swkateboard to work?"

OBROFF, the decision to have the operation was based on the Dr.'s advice
that it would be time to have the operation when I could no longer fly cast.

Bob Weinberger