another fiction writer

Old November 3rd, 2006, 09:14 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Joe McIntosh

Default another fiction writer

Fawn Lake and Blacktail Ponds present a somewhat different story. Both are
home to larger than average brook trout, and both are not good places to
take kids or beginning anglers, since each presents a fairly serious danger.
The former is a hike of 5 strenuous miles into the Gallatin Mountains, an
area literally infested with grizzly bears. The last time I went to the lake
my partner and I saw three grizzlies (and several wolves, elk, and bison),
for example, the last of which rose out of the sage no more than 50 yards
away. This is not a hike that should be attempted alone or without bear
spray. Blacktail Ponds --really one pond with two pools connected by

been there--IJ

Old November 3rd, 2006, 10:31 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Charlie Choc

On Fri, 03 Nov 2006 21:14:29 GMT, "Joe McIntosh"
wrote:

Fawn Lake and Blacktail Ponds present a somewhat different story. Both are
home to larger than average brook trout, and both are not good places to
take kids or beginning anglers, since each presents a fairly serious danger.
The former is a hike of 5 strenuous miles into the Gallatin Mountains, an
area literally infested with grizzly bears. The last time I went to the lake
my partner and I saw three grizzlies (and several wolves, elk, and bison),
for example, the last of which rose out of the sage no more than 50 yards
away. This is not a hike that should be attempted alone or without bear
spray. Blacktail Ponds --really one pond with two pools connected by

There's a Blacktail Ponds in Grand Teton too. I caught some nice fish by there
this year.
--
Charlie...
http://www.chocphoto.com
Old November 3rd, 2006, 11:26 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Fred Lebow

"Joe McIntosh" wrote in message
Fawn Lake and Blacktail Ponds present a somewhat different story. Both are
home to larger than average brook trout, and both are not good places to
take kids or beginning anglers, since each presents a fairly serious
danger. The former is a hike of 5 strenuous miles into the Gallatin
Mountains, an area literally infested with grizzly bears. The last time I
went to the lake my partner and I saw three grizzlies (and several wolves,
elk, and bison), for example, the last of which rose out of the sage no
more than 50 yards away. This is not a hike that should be attempted alone
or without bear spray. Blacktail Ponds --really one pond with two pools
connected by

been there--IJ

I'm ready to go now!
It sounds great.