report on PETA

Old August 20th, 2004, 04:42 AM
Rob Storm

Default report on PETA

Let me tell you who I think the real enemy is: Walt Disney. The PETA folks are
so full of it that very few pay any attention to them at all, but the Disney
studio is a different matter. Disney makes lots of money producing cartoons
and it's those cartoons (starting with Bambi) that turn ordinary animals into
oh-so-cute, hugable, lovable, almost human creatures.

When unsophisticated, impressionable people watch Bambi, they can easily come
away with a lump in their throat, a tear in their eye, and an aversion to
killing deer or any other game.

PETA makes me mad. PETA makes me sick. Sometimes PETA makes me laugh. Disney
scares hell out of me.

Family, Friends, Fishing,
Rob Storm
http://stormsrestaurants.com
Old August 20th, 2004, 05:20 AM
RichZ

Rob wrote:
isney
scares hell out of me.

And Disney owns ABC, which owns ESPN, which owns BASS.

Palying both ends against the middle, I would suggest.

I am the anti-disney.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Old August 20th, 2004, 06:10 AM
Marty

"bill a" wrote in message
m...
ran across this item, in case you haven't seen it.

bill
http://www.consumerfreedom.com/artic...fm?article=156

I am not a PETA defender. While I condemn their tactics, I agree with many
of their goals. But that's neither here nor there; the web site above has an
ax to grind, as it's sponsored by elements of the food industry. So, what
they say must be taken with a grain of salt, just as PETA's must, also.

Old August 20th, 2004, 07:46 AM
Rodney

Todd Copeland wrote:

Last time I checked PETA stood for People for the ETHICAL Treatment of
Animals. I don't see that this means not eating animals or killing them. I
see it to mean that they don't want animals treated inhumanely.

PETA starts people out thinking as you do, that this is their only
motive, then they progress them into total animal rights fanatics, where
the animals have the same rights as people, if you kill an animal you
have "murdered" it, even if you eat it later.

They get their funding by not letting the masses know their true mission

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread

Old August 20th, 2004, 11:42 AM
Christopher P. Cericola

"Todd Copeland" wrote in message
news Last time I checked PETA stood for People for the ETHICAL Treatment of
Animals. I don't see that this means not eating animals or killing them. I
see it to mean that they don't want animals treated inhumanely.

Their view of ethical means NO ONE should eat meat. No one should exploit
an animal..exploting an animal includes getting milk, eggs, honey, etc.
They don't people to have free choice.

Actually, I can see PETA's point against fishing... but only when it's
catch and release (which is what we want to do most of the time). But I
question if a fish actually experiences and registers pain when hooked. For
example, I'm sure everyone has swatted at mosquitoes and I'm sure they've
wounded a few. Is this treatment acceptable and hooking a fish is not? At
some point people need to draw the line.

First they will come for C&R then they will come for hooks then they will
come for fishing all together. If you let them have their way with their
beliefs taking away OUR personal freedoms then what freedom is next? It's
fine that they want to treat animals ethically. It's fine they don't want
to eat meat. It's fine they want to ride their bikes everywhere. I do not
need to be forced to do the same.

Christopher

Old August 20th, 2004, 12:37 PM
alwaysfishking

Hell I'm gonna set the hooks extra hard today, I might even learn how to
cook a crappie or two tomorrow.