SW spinnerbaits

Old January 22nd, 2004, 02:19 PM
Craig

Default SW spinnerbaits - What did RL Do Wrong?

Sorry, I don't understand all the ill will the members of this NG show Mr.
Long. I really thought he was trying to help here. I don't think he was
talking about Mr. RR's joke, rather, used it to make a point he believes to
be true.

I never had a problem with Mr. Long, Mr. Huber, Mr. Norton, Mr. Rickard,
Gill, or anyone else who produces or distributes fishing related products &
services talking about them. Yet, each has been attacked at one point or
another until they offered free product, then everyone loves them.

When attacked, people with passion for their product or ideas will attack
back, it is quite understandable. I also think that it is acceptable for
the attack, If the producer is not ready to defend their product, than how
good can it be. I consider the attack to be a test of the poster's belief.

Well, see ya, time for work.

--
Craig Baugher

Old January 22nd, 2004, 03:02 PM
Bob La Londe

&
services talking about them. Yet, each has been attacked at one point or
another until they offered free product, then everyone loves them.

When attacked, people with passion for their product or ideas will attack
back, it is quite understandable. I also think that it is acceptable for
the attack, If the producer is not ready to defend their product, than

how
good can it be. I consider the attack to be a test of the poster's

belief.

Well, see ya, time for work.

--
Craig Baugher

I'm glad you spoke up Craig. Yes, Rodney did over promote in the past, but
there is nothing wrong with his products. Sure they are gimics, but so was
the Roncomatic. It sure made a lot of money.

I can't individually evaluate any of Rodney's products, but I purchased
another knot tieing tool a tyear and a half ago for tieing leaders onto fly
line. I don't remember the store, but it was major local sporting goods
store in the Sedonna area. The tool worked. Was it easier than tieing it
on by hand. I don't know, but it did work.

As to his elastic band. I asked for a sample, and I'll try it. In fact I
have a couple spots that I think will be ideal for it were I know of solo
rocks in medium water that always seem to hold a couple uncatchable fish.

I'll play with it in the pool to see how it performs, then try it in the
real world. I think Gilbert of Mesa Tackle www.tacklesupply.com has the
perfect trick worm to put on it. I do not know if he has put it on his
website yet. As a side note. The local clubs have got a lot of product
from Gilbert, and atleast one of the local shops has put in a line of his
baits. I have had guys come to me asking if I had more of certain of his
baits.

Secret Weapon guys have done some over promoting a time or two as well. To
Joe's credit, instead of getting upset when criticized he asked for advice
on how to promote his spinner baits instead. www.secretweaponlures.com

Rodney came in here and offered to give away for free his products. Not
selling it at all. Sure he hopes to sell some through his distributors or
marketing companies, but he came in here to give stuff away. I think that
is an admirable way to promote a product.

Can you say Gilbert or Joe did any differently by having virtual
tournaments? They were giviing product away int he hopes people would love
it and buy more.

To Warren: I admire your skill and dedication to the sport, but I think you
are making a mistake by holding the past against Rodney in this case. I do
a little outdoor writing, and an occassional product review. Quite often
the products I review (since I'm not a big name writer) I have bought from a
local retail store. I welcome the opportunity to try a product for free.
Especially when the provider knows ahead of time that I will review the
product honestly. I was kinda luke warm about taking hte time to actually
do a product review of the Boomerang plastics, but after this outlashing I
will make a point of it. I will spend a couple trips out this season
specifically looking for drop shot applications and I will fish both a
regular static drop shot and one of Rodney's bungie cords. I'll use the
same hook and the same worm on both.

Now I'm certainly not in Warren's class as a bass fisherman, but I have
caught a fish or two, and my partner and I have placed well in a few
tournaments because of fish I found and/or caught. I'm sure I am capable of
bouncing two drop shots and deciding whether I catch more fish on one than
the other. So be prepared for my string of reviews on the product.

As long as we are being commercial here. Visit my website. Post your
website in my link index. FOR FREE.

--
Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

Old January 22nd, 2004, 04:23 PM
AJH

I see items spammed here, but all seem ok but none are super special,
the rods look very good, the SW seems to be ok, Gil's plastic's are well
made ( they looked better 4 years ago) but none are worth all the
insults thrown about..
"product evaluation" is a bunch of BS, is one brand crankbait better
than another? do bass care who made it?

I fish therefore I lie

Old January 22nd, 2004, 04:46 PM
Bob La Londe

"AJH" wrote in message
I see items spammed here, but all seem ok but none are super special,
the rods look very good, the SW seems to be ok, Gil's plastic's are well
made ( they looked better 4 years ago) but none are worth all the
insults thrown about..
"product evaluation" is a bunch of BS, is one brand crankbait better
than another? do bass care who made it?

You are 100% correct. Most product reviews are weighted towards promoting
the product. This makes them next to worthless unless you can read between
the lines and determine if it fills a need for your own fishing.

Old January 23rd, 2004, 09:32 AM
Calif Bill

"Craig" wrote in message
[...]

I think it was the way Rodney went about pushing his rubber string. The I
am so f'n great, I have invented the best thing in the world for fishing,
and you guys are jealous because I am going to make more money off this than
you can even dream of. Great gimmick idea. Tourney winner? maybe once in
a while. But luck also plays big in a tourney besides skill. When you have
less than 6 oz separating the top people in a tourney, luck played a big
part. But the fact that those pros consistantly weigh in near limits is
also skill. If the bungee was that good, John Kerr and the other pros would
be using it 50%. Every FLW would have TV shots of the bungee. Well in
between the Banjo minner catching fish shots Secret Weapon was pretty
low key as well as Mesa Baits. Mesa may have been a little more vocal, but
still not in your face. Rodney was in your face for months. I do not see
how it would be much better than dropshot fishing with shaking, which is
pretty much what the thing does. Me, who is not one of the better LMB
fisherman, still catches most of my fish on the Drop Shot. Spinner baits
are not my strong point, but I think I know why after a session with a local
pro. Me: To much splash, and figuring the spinner bait will get bit all the
way back to the boat. He pitches the bait with near zero splash & figures
if no bite in the first 5 cranks, rip it back to the boat and pitch again.
Bill

Old January 23rd, 2004, 05:22 PM
Rodney

Calif Bill wrote:

I do not see
how it would be much better than dropshot fishing with shaking, which is
pretty much what the thing does. Me, who is not one of the better LMB
fisherman, still catches most of my fish on the Drop Shot.

Of course you can not see the difference,, until you actually "see" the
difference. Think about the action you get out of your drop shot, you
jerk it up an inch and gravity takes it slowly back down, the Long SHot
goes both directions at the same speed, a smooth natural action. You
Can't Quiver the lure on a drop shot,, but you can on a Long Shot.

That's the thing,, you "can" do virtually any action to the lure, you
just have to practice where you can see the lure your using acting. Then
when you can't see it, you know what rod action does what

We have found many that use it just by jerking it, then letting it shoot
back, pause, then do it again,, although this has caught many fish,
especially bedding fish, it is not the most effective way to fish it it
the majority of the time. This is a "remote" control,, you must make
things happen

Now think about using your drop shot in 6 inches of water, 75 feet from
the boat, you really can't do much with it. The long Shot works as well
in 6 inches as it does in 60 feet of water. I can take a plastic minnow
and makes it swim on it's side, in a tight circle, quivering. (you need
a swivel 12 inches up from your lure, or line twist is awful,) It looks
Identical to an injured shad, that even the most inactive fish just will
not, can not, resist it.

Another key point to using it is how you place your hook in the plastic,
different hook ups give different action to the same lures. This thing
can get very complicated, because there is an endless number of
presentations you can place on any lure.

Just send me a SASE, and after you try it, then tell me you "see" no
difference.

Although many pros have and do use the Boomerang,, it is not the best
controller,, it started out being very good, but they were breaking down
after a few hours of fishing, and with the fisherman only getting 5 in a
25 dollar kit, the broken returns were heavy, so they made it stronger,
to last longer. I tried fishing with the stronger ones one time, and
realized it had been screwed up. Thank God I had my own supply of the
originals.

Now , with the Long Shot, the cost will be such you won't mind going
through 2 or three in a days fishing. It is also the reason I can give
the members of this group free ones, probably all they need, all this year

This is also the reason we changed the name. I do not want the
boomerang's later, bad results, associated with the new rig.

Now as far as people using other material,, there just is not any out
there that works even close, beside the point of it being the same as
copying software and using it. It has taken me six months just to find
a textile company to try to make what works best, it then took them 2
weeks of R&D, just to come up with what I'm sending out free, and
another two weeks to get the final material to my specs,, this cost
over 10,000 dollars. Now they want a 20,000 dollar minimum first order.

Although this material is much cheaper than the Spectra Boomerangs, it
will still cost much more than any other elastic materials, due to the
limited market, and short runs of it.

Another added thing is the weight being used with the factory rigs, it
increases the ability to use even smaller weights, with it's patented
design, and spring steel legs that partially grab anything on the
bottom, or weeds on the surface, yet very slim lead that rarely hangs up
hard on most bottoms.

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Boomerang Fishing Pro. , Stand Out Hooks ,

Old January 23rd, 2004, 05:34 PM
Charles B. Summers

I'm almost to the point of believing that Al's brothers has joined the
group.

"Robert" wrote in message
.. .
Ok! God bless Rodney!
"Calif Bill" wrote in message
link.net...

Old January 23rd, 2004, 06:21 PM
Robert

Al's brothers?
"Charles B. Summers" (Comcast) wrote in
message ...
I'm almost to the point of believing that Al's brothers has joined the
group.

"Robert" wrote in message
.. .
Ok! God bless Rodney!
"Calif Bill" wrote in message
link.net...

Old January 24th, 2004, 07:42 AM
Calif Bill

"Rodney" wrote in message
Calif Bill wrote:

[...]

sounds like everything the Banjo minner did, as well as the Heliochopper
thingy also. Here we use frogs in the delta, Especially a yellow headed /
black body Tweety tourny frog. Your banjo look like a bird? Sorry meant
boomer.