Penns Creek

Old April 23rd, 2005, 10:55 PM
Jeff Miller

Default Penns Creek

ok...just a smidgen over a month from now, we'll be startin yet another
attempt at the great mystery. pj has already declared he ain't comin
along, as he's not interested in discovering how many of manunkind will
be flailing away amidst green drakes or rainstorms or waters without
proper boulders he can argue with. me and joe are gonna see if hemlock
acres, with its coin-operated showers, is a decent alternative to the
carolina cabin. it'll probably end up costing us about the same.

the swede, who i'd counted on for flycasting, singing, and poker
instruction, won't be in attendance. i was so looking forward to
learning a few swedish shantys...my singing has more potential than
either of the other two. next year, roger. perhaps you can come to
carolina?

in any event, has the entertainment been scheduled? we'll be arriving
just as the pa. flyfishing assoc. (or one of those tightass, proper
groups) is leaving, so i'm worried that all the nightlife in and about
coburn will be exhausted. what have you boyz got planned? when are we
getting into reid's fly jar? who's cookin what, when? martini night?
wines? whines? asadi's amish amblings? i hear somebody bought a big,
new house over by the tunnel that requires christening. blue rock hole?
jeffie's run?

jeff (yeah, i'm between drinks and waitin for rachel to cook
somedamthingthataintgotolives)
Old April 23rd, 2005, 11:07 PM
Thomas Littleton

"Jeff Miller" wrote in message
[...]

Sorry to hear PJ has abandoned the idea......as for entertainment, it would
seem the annual raffle night feed is on for Tuesday. No clue on martini
night. Reid did mention a Blue Rock Hole tourney with his reject flies.
BTW, your cabin deposit was received. Looks like the tab per person is down
to around 12 bucks or so per night per person. Cabin has been very well
renovated. Now, given my usual sense of seasoned clavemeister organization,
I am waiting for this eclectic group to chime in with suggested social
activities(although my hope is that the Drakes will be the social activity
each day from 3pm to dark-thirty).
Tom

Old April 23rd, 2005, 11:15 PM
Jeff Miller

Jeff Miller wrote:

[...]

jeezus...i forgot one of coburn, penns creek, pennsylvania's finest
attractions...davePA cut loose from the bonds of employment, family,
morality, and sobriety. if there's a finer flyfishing attraction (there
are others of equal enjoyment) than dave in pa, well, i'm a ready
audience. but...um...the odor emanating from my audience may not be as
pleasant this year... how many quarters do you boys average in hemlock?

jeff

jeff
Old April 23rd, 2005, 11:22 PM
Thomas Littleton

jeezus...i forgot one of coburn, penns creek, pennsylvania's finest
attractions...davePA cut loose from the bonds of employment, family,
morality, and sobriety. if there's a finer flyfishing attraction (there
are others of equal enjoyment) than dave in pa, well, i'm a ready
audience. but...um...the odor emanating from my audience may not be as
pleasant this year... how many quarters do you boys average in hemlock?

jeff

True enough, David is good for a certain level of entertainment after he has
passed a certain sobriety limit(time of day varies, but 10 am is a fair
guess). As for quarters, we don't need them, as Clave Central has a shower,
but I was good for a 2 or 3 quarter shower back in the day.
Tom

Old April 23rd, 2005, 11:37 PM
Jeff Miller

Thomas Littleton wrote:

jeezus...i forgot one of coburn, penns creek, pennsylvania's finest
attractions...davePA cut loose from the bonds of employment, family,
morality, and sobriety. if there's a finer flyfishing attraction (there
are others of equal enjoyment) than dave in pa, well, i'm a ready
audience. but...um...the odor emanating from my audience may not be as
pleasant this year... how many quarters do you boys average in hemlock?

jeff

True enough, David is good for a certain level of entertainment after he has
passed a certain sobriety limit(time of day varies, but 10 am is a fair
guess). As for quarters, we don't need them, as Clave Central has a shower,
but I was good for a 2 or 3 quarter shower back in the day.
Tom

ok then...i'll bring a quater or two when i befoul your place...

Old April 26th, 2005, 09:44 AM
angler angler is offline
Junior Member

Location: Northern Sweden

[quote=Jeff Miller]
the swede, who i'd counted on for flycasting, singing, and poker
instruction, won't be in attendance. i was so looking forward to
learning a few swedish shantys...my singing has more potential than
either of the other two. next year, roger. perhaps you can come to
carolina?

jeffQUOTE]

Jeff,

I'm really dissapointed that I didn't get to cast a fly tied on backwards (nine strikes I tell ya), lose money in a poker game and humiliate myself by singing like a "Louisiana bull frog" ;-)
Why Carolina, are you giving up on Penns next year? Or is it so that there aren't enough drunken farts around at Penns to make it enjoyable? =)
Anyway, I will (and do) have a lot of frequent flyer miles, so that nothing (except maybe a new project management assignment in say, New Zeeland, Argentina or Iceland) can stop me from joining next year.

/Roger
Who is trying to console myself by looking at Japanese Fly Fishing web pages
Old April 26th, 2005, 12:53 PM
Jeff Miller

angler wrote:

Jeff Miller Wrote:

the swede, who i'd counted on for flycasting, singing, and poker
instruction, won't be in attendance. i was so looking forward to
learning a few swedish shantys...my singing has more potential than
either of the other two. next year, roger. perhaps you can come to
carolina?

jeffQUOTE]

Jeff,

I'm really dissapointed that I didn't get to cast a fly tied on
backwards (nine strikes I tell ya), lose money in a poker game and
humiliate myself by singing like a "Louisiana bull frog" ;-)
Why Carolina, are you giving up on Penns next year? Or is it so that
there aren't enough drunken farts around at Penns to make it enjoyable?
=)
Anyway, I will (and do) have a lot of frequent flyer miles, so that
nothing (except maybe a new project management assignment in say, New
Zeeland, Argentina or Iceland) can stop me from joining next year.

/Roger
Who is trying to console myself by looking at Japanese Fly Fishing web
pages

not sure how this got to "angler", but i never saw your original post
roger. anyway, *north* carolina (the one and true carolina) is where i
am most of the time. if you find your way here, you might like shaking
hands with a few of our ice age native trout. it's only a 6 mile hike
up a trail, so you'll hardly break a sweat. they like songsters too.

looking forward to seeing you next year at penns anyway.

btw, western gathering in montana is in july...you'd like that one too.
those boyz can't sing fer ****e!

jeff

jeff