Rodney's Latest Claims

Old June 7th, 2005, 02:38 PM
Rodney

Rodney wrote:

Now I have teamed the "improved" high tech rubber band, that is now the
same dia. as 30# mono, only 4 inches long, yet stretches to 12 inches,
at only 3/8 Oz pull, but is now 40# breaking test, with a lure that
takes advantage of that High tench's rubber's action, to put in front of
any fish, a treat, they will eat, at any, and every opertunity, when
they find it, just like they do the real thing, in nature.

I really doubt that any professional tournament fishermen will switch to
this lure for tournament fishing, they don't like wasting their time
reeling in every species they come across,, no, this is for the other 50
million fishermen who just want to always catch fish, any fish, so far
kids have went nuts over this, those who didn't like fishing because
they caught so few, even my wife wants to go fishing now. This rig may
just get a lot more people fishing again, and those fishing for the
first time, to get hooked on fishing.

Those "in the industry" think it's a major break through in fishing, I
guess "Warren" is the only one who matters though, since he does not
believe it will work, I will just drop it. I mean it can't work if he
says it can't, all the testing is flawed, just coincidence, Warren has
always been right about everything in fishing tackle, he wins every
tournament he fishes in, he makes millions a year in the industry, and
every manufacturer ask him if they should bring out anything new, that
he has not tried or approved for the fishermen of this country.
--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread
Old June 7th, 2005, 03:25 PM
AJH

Yeah, but Warren isn't a arrogant azz h--e..

Old June 7th, 2005, 04:53 PM

Rodney, when will you learn that you are not going to win over anyone in
this NG. Your own past arrogant behavior here makes that highly unlikely.

While I can't say one way or another whether your products produce or not. I
know that I would not spend any money on your gadgets, simply because of
your past obnoxious attitude. JMHO!

--
David Norton

Old June 10th, 2005, 01:02 AM
Slow Roller

Rodney wrote:
gobassn wrote:

And straight from the genius that's about to turn the fishing world
upside down:

How about that, you finally got it

"When are you going to learn ?"

Ouch, that hurts.

Warren ;-)

It should Warren, the thing is, your shooting blind, and without ammo.

My hooks and weight, that you called snake oil, that you made all the
snide remarks about being trash, are highly recommended by the pro's,
Hell my hook's Use was even taught at this years Bass collage, My weight
was even in the "ask the Pro's" section of Bassmasters. Now I'm telling
you I've changed fishing,, I've got something that catches everything,
when nothing is bitting everything else. I would not have made that
statement unless it was 100% true, it would be too easy for someone to
shoot it down after "using it".

So now it will be three things that have been "PROVED" to help people
catch more fish that you have put down to others,,, H'mmmm sounds like
you don't want people catching more fish than you. Are is it your just
can't stand it, that I was the one that came up with them.

As far as me improving the Boomerang,, hell man everything that has been
invented you used today, is an improvement over the first one invented.
You calling it a rubber band does not take away what this rig "does",
and according the the U.S. Patent office I was the first one to ever
think about getting that action with a high tech rubber band, or
ANYTHING ELSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was the first to get a lure to move with perfect vibrations, and you
keep it in one spot, while it does it, no one else has ever come up with
a lure that you could fish in one spot for hours, not some small
accomplishment, as no one had ever done it. Yes I know it kills you that
the principle was so simple, that "you could have thought of it", but
the thing is, you didn't, and neither did any other of the millions of
fishermen in the world, nor any manufacturer. There was a need for this
application,, if for nothing else, bedded bass, anyone who has fished
bass beds wants to "keep" that lure "active" "in" that bed, to say
that's not true, is lying Warren, and my rig, is the only rig, that will
do it

Now I have teamed the "improved" high tech rubber band, that is now the
same dia. as 30# mono, only 4 inches long, yet stretches to 12 inches,
at only 3/8 Oz pull, but is now 40# breaking test, with a lure that
takes advantage of that High tench's rubber's action, to put in front of
any fish, a treat, they will eat, at any, and every opertunity, when
they find it, just like they do the real thing, in nature. I'm sure I,
and others will find other lures that mimic other fish treats they can't
refuse with this action applied to them, but why should we market
anything over just this one, it works, it has worked every time,
everywhere and on every species of fish, we have tested it.

Today I caught 17 bass, 24 blue gills and 6 stripe from the bank with
it. nothing huge, because there was nothing huge there, So I used a 500
micro lite and 4 lb test, I had a ball

Six other bank fishermen on the same bank, fishing the same area, using
both lures, and live bait, caught a total of 2 bream.

Warren, instead of the 6 tackle boxes of lures, and tackle I used to
carry fishing,, everything I need now fits in my pocket (when I hang up
and break off, is the only reason I need to or carry spare tackle now).

I don't expect anyone else to dump all their other tackle, and never use
other things,, heck, nostalgia will keep them trying and sometimes
succeeding with their old gear :-). Many people like to "cover" a lot of
water,, you don't do this, with this rig, and still catch fish, so they
will need their tackle boxes full, for machine gunning the banks,
getting one bass in 20 to hit,as they fly a lure by, when the dinner
bell has "not" been rung.

To be honest, this has only been working a few weeks now, (that's when I
started testing it), I don't know how it will do in other seasons, we
can only guess, but it works here, and it is working in California,
right now.

Warren I asked you to call Larry and ask him,, Why have you not done so
? or are you going to call him a snake oil salesman, and lier ?

How about your friend, the Bassdozer, he has not seen this new rig yet
(at least I don't think so) but he knows me, and knows I don't Bull ****
about my fishing inventions

Note*

This high tech rubber band was not as simple to make as Warren makes
out, the makers of "Spectra" (Honeywell) the outer fiber, that let's
this rubber stand up to fishing, said it was not possible to make it
work,, so did the textile company who braids it for me, So "I" had to
engineer the actual way this is manufactured, and then pay them to try
my way. TO their disbelief, it worked, and I patented it.

For the record I believe I was the first to call you a Snake Oil
salesman and I'm very upset that I'm not getting due credit, but I'm OK
with Warren keeping that alive in my absence.

I've really got to wonder about those two other bream fisherman who
managed only two catches to Rod's bucket full. Sunfish need only
something remotely edible in their face and they'll inhale it - they're
fiercely competitive and stupid. I just love a 10'cane pole and a rubber
cricket. FWOP! ... GULP!

And wasn't it two or three years ago that we heard these very same
claims about that Boomer thing? C'mon Rodney, maybe you could find some
earth shattering new use for goats milk or something...

Shawn
Old June 10th, 2005, 03:46 AM
Rodney

Slow Roller wrote:

For the record I believe I was the first to call you a Snake Oil
salesman and I'm very upset that I'm not getting due credit, but I'm OK
with Warren keeping that alive in my absence.

Ok, your the one with no brain cells that talk to each other, let me
explain why below

I've really got to wonder about those two other bream fisherman who
managed only two catches to Rod's bucket full. Sunfish need only
something remotely edible in their face and they'll inhale it - they're
fiercely competitive and stupid. I just love a 10'cane pole and a rubber
cricket. FWOP! ... GULP!

I always "thought" the same thing, but during this test, this was not
the case. I always "thought" if you couldn't catch a bream, there was
none there,, it seams that this is not always true. I was just as
shocked as everyone else. That's why I do scientific testing, You can't
assume anything, you must take out variables, like the time of day, or
even the spot your fishing, all test are head, to head, and side, by
side, even switching which fisherman is using what rig.

Then they are done over, and over, and over, and over, with all the
numbers recorded,, I do what you or other fishermen can't do, or have
the time to do.

Hell, anything will catch fish, at certain times, I search for what
catches more, every time. If one of my terminal tackles is just "as
good" as what's already out there, not worst but just as good, I don't
have a chance in hell to get any manufacturer to pay me thousands of
dollars to license it. Do you actually think these manufactures just
take my word, that mine is better, then whip out their check books. If
you think this, why don't you try to come up with some new lures, and
get a manufacturer to license them from you ??

These companies invest many thousands on bringing out a new product,
even if they come up with it, there is no shortage of new product ideas
out there, but these guys don't "pay" "outside inventors" for snake oil
and gimmicks,

Most of the real gimmicks are brought out by "new" companies, or the
inventor themselves forms a new company to bring them out.

And wasn't it two or three years ago that we heard these very same
claims about that Boomer thing?

It still will out fish any other soft plastic rig, in head to head
fishing, it has never failed,, maybe it's just my expertise with it, as
I can make a soft plastic do anything, but sing with it, so far I have
NEVER been beaten in the same boat, with another bass fisherman that was
not using it.

It is true people who won't take the time to "learn" how to make a lure
move, won't do as well with it, as it takes the lurer's action out of
the manufacturer's hands, and put it into the hands of the fisherman. I
guess it is possible for someone to totally try not to catch fish with
it, and they won't. The Boomerang can't be machine gunned, and out fish
other rigs.

The Boomerang was just marketed wrong, they were trying to sell soft
plastics, and using it to do that. People were bringing the kits back
claiming there was no bungees in the kits, and getting more kits (for
free), just so they could get more bungees (there were only three in the
11 dollar kit and 5 in the 25 dollar kits. It also required at least a
ounce of weight to make it work, most bass fishermen won't throw that
much lead, for any reason. The "New" SpecTastic wiggle rig requires only
3/8 Oz, and even a 1/8 Oz will work when using the patented drop shot
wire on the weight.

Old June 10th, 2005, 03:49 PM
Chris Rennert

Rodney wrote:
Slow Roller wrote:

[...]

Once again, you say you have never been beaten ... Please bring that
unbeaten streak here. Put it to the test on someone elses home waters
and prove us all wrong. I don't care if it is Wisconsin, Penn., New
York, Florida, Tenn. I just don't care. Just stop talking and prove
it against one of us.

Chris
Old June 10th, 2005, 04:08 PM
go-bassn

Rodney stop talking? lol- It'll never happen! We'll just wait around
another 3 years for his snakeoil to take the fishing world by storm, and
when it doesn't he'll come out with the third (or is it 4th?) version of his
underwear elastic & he'll say "this is the one folks!".

Basically, any way you size it up, a turd is a turd...

Warren

Old June 10th, 2005, 04:38 PM
Chris Rennert

go-bassn wrote:
Rodney stop talking? lol- It'll never happen! We'll just wait around
another 3 years for his snakeoil to take the fishing world by storm, and
when it doesn't he'll come out with the third (or is it 4th?) version of his
underwear elastic & he'll say "this is the one folks!".

Basically, any way you size it up, a turd is a turd...

Warren

Warren,

You'd think anyone who would make these kinds of claims would love to
back them up , unless of course all it is , is words. The way I see it,
if he really hit upon something so earth shattering he would have jumped
on tour and shown the big boys what fishing is all about. But on his
own admission, and I will dig up the post if I have to , but he says he
cannot locate fish on his own, but if he does, supposedly he will catch
them all.

Oh well I will let it ride, and just "hopes" he shows up and kicks my
ass all over the water.

Chris
Old June 10th, 2005, 05:02 PM
Steve & Chris Clark

Warren, he has been perfecting a wax for years for those who like to put a
high polish on turds! I hear it hardly takes him any time at all =8^) a
good hot breath and a run across the surface of his shirtsleeve and VIOLA!
Shiniest turd you ever saw!
--
Steve