RFD: rec.outdoors.bassfishing.tournaments

Old May 25th, 2006, 08:02 AM posted to news.groups,rec.outdoors.fishing.bass,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Default RFD: rec.outdoors.bassfishing.tournaments

Moleski, SJ contained the following:

AH! I fish for bass in my family's pond in Little Valley, NY. There
are some bluegills in the pond, too. Someday I'm gonna get
a bag of crayfish and see if they'll provide more feed for the bass.

I play bass and drink Bass but don't fish for them.
--
Geoff Berrow (put thecat out to email)
It's only Usenet, no one dies.
Old May 25th, 2006, 12:55 PM posted to news.groups,rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Around here in bass tourney country we(non tourney fishermen) call these
guys "Crankers". Lets see how fast we can CRANK the poor bass over the
surface of the water to get it into the boat. Hey...this is all about...how
fast and how many fish we catch to get the trophy. Oh yea...our 40 thousand
dollar boats and getting around fast is also most important!!! But
remember..it is about fishing......

{:O) MIKE

"Scott Seidman" wrote in message
. 1.4...
"Alaskan420" wrote in

Scott,

It appears to me that your arguement against such a newsgroup has
become a political one. My understanding it that this process is
supposed to revolve around anticipated useage and viability. You may
have a point, (I do not agree), but this arguement does not belong
here.

Of course it belongs here. It's an RFD, you opened discussion, and I'm
discussing it. I don't I've given my reason why I think the proposed group
belongs in rec.sports and not rec.outdoors. There's a decision-making
process, and if the powers that be don't believe my arguments are
relevant,
they will ignore them. I'd propose opening it up to the rest of the
rec.outdoors hierarchy.

Keep in mind that I fish and enjoy tournaments, but not bass tournaments.
I don't consider any of my tournament experiences to be among the most
conservation oriented of my pasttimes, and I think that there should be a
larger conservation component for memebers of the rec.outdoors hierarchy.
I have zero problems with rec.sports.anything in this case.

--
Scott
Reverse name to reply

Old May 25th, 2006, 04:47 PM posted to news.groups,rec.outdoors.fishing.bass,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

On Thu, 25 May 2006 08:02:42 +0100, Geoff Berrow wrote in
:

Moleski, SJ contained the following:

AH! I fish for bass in my family's pond in Little Valley, NY. There
are some bluegills in the pond, too. Someday I'm gonna get
a bag of crayfish and see if they'll provide more feed for the bass.

I play bass and drink Bass but don't fish for them.

I've played both accoustic and electric bass in the far distant past.

I had to use bandaids to get through the accoustic gig, but it
was fun. )

Marty