Selling my boat...

Old July 8th, 2006, 10:33 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Charles Summers

Default Selling my boat...

You know it... I love it, but it's not getting any use. I think I want to
sell it, buy a big ass Harley Davidson. Call me crazy, but you won't be the
first.

Anyone interested in a Nitro?

Old July 8th, 2006, 10:36 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Charles Summers" wrote in message
. ..
You know it... I love it, but it's not getting any use. I think I want to
sell it, buy a big ass Harley Davidson. Call me crazy, but you won't be
the first.

Anyone interested in a Nitro?

Oh yeah, like you need a Harley, didn't you learn enough while on your
bicycle? My "almost" son in law is thinking about buying an entry level
boat, what are you asking?
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old July 8th, 2006, 11:02 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in
message ...

"Charles Summers" wrote in message
. ..
You know it... I love it, but it's not getting any use. I think I want to
sell it, buy a big ass Harley Davidson. Call me crazy, but you won't be
the first.

Anyone interested in a Nitro?

Oh yeah, like you need a Harley, didn't you learn enough while on your
bicycle? My "almost" son in law is thinking about buying an entry level
boat, what are you asking?

Or better yet, you've got the Nitro paid off, right? Why don't you buy
something less expensive than a "big ass Harley" and keep both?

Old July 9th, 2006, 02:09 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Rich P

Harleys are like tatoos now, everyone's out tooling around on them in a
leather vest and a half shell, but it doesn't mean anything anymore. Having
a bass boat is sooo much hipper! Keep the boat!

Rich P

Old July 9th, 2006, 02:12 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Charles Summers

Just to clear the air... a Harley is NOT in my future. A Honda... maybe...
never a Harley.

(Sorry Wisconsin)

Old July 9th, 2006, 02:13 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bass_Mr.

I know one thing from experience Pro.
When that boat leaves the yard you WILL GO CRAZY the first time a good
opportunity comes up to use it and it's gone.
You can bet on that.
I've been saving for four years for a new Triton, but now I'm saving for a
FastCat !

Old July 9th, 2006, 04:47 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob Rickard

Charles, you without a boat would be just like me without beer... miserable!

Bob
.................................................. ..............................................

Old July 9th, 2006, 04:10 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"Bass_Mr." wrote in message
nk.net...

I know one thing from experience Pro.
When that boat leaves the yard you WILL GO CRAZY the first time a good
opportunity comes up to use it and it's gone.
You can bet on that.
I've been saving for four years for a new Triton, but now I'm saving for a
FastCat !

I'm very impressed with the performance I have heard and read about the Fast
Cat, but unless I primarily fished big water I would say a conventional bass
boat is better. I have a hard enough time getting in and out of some of the
tight places I fish without pushing a fork in front of me. Having owned a
tunnel hull bass boat in the past I know about the phenomenal ride, and the
unbelievabley stable fishing attitude. That is inherent in the design of a
tunnel hull. Some days I wish I had not sold mine. Mine did overcome some
of the difficulties I see with the FastCat in that it had a conventional
shaped bow, and it was narrower than most bass boats the same length. Even
so it was more stable than any v-bottom or pad bottom boat I have ever
ridden in. The only thing I have fished out of that comes close for
stability is some of the old tri-hulls, and we all know how those pump and
slap in rough water.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River

Old July 9th, 2006, 04:20 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"Charles Summers" wrote in message
Just to clear the air... a Harley is NOT in my future. A Honda... maybe...
never a Harley.

(Sorry Wisconsin)

Why? I've owned plenty of both and inspite of the hype and attitudes there
isn't really that much difference. The smaller Hondas are cheaper, but
that's about it. Take the top of the line from both, and maintenance, life,
and price are about the same. Say ReclinerWing vs UltraBarge. Harley has
some non-quality (persay) advantages. Resale value is exceptional, and the
huge aftermarket pretty much guarantees you can keep your Harley on the road
as long as you want to.

Old July 9th, 2006, 05:12 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message SNIP

I'm very impressed with the performance I have heard and read about the
Fast Cat, but unless I primarily fished big water I would say a
conventional bass boat is better.

***Why is that? I typically fish waters less than 1,800 acres in size,
having put the boat in on basically ponds, yet find that I prefer to fish
from the Cat. The stability is superior, the draft shallower than
conventional bassboats, the hull is more efficient so I get better fuel
economy and yes, it is faster than most. I'm into performance for sure, but
fishability is even more important. If I was purely interested in speed,
I'd be driving an Allison, Bullet or Stroker.

I have a hard enough time getting in and out of some of the
tight places I fish without pushing a fork in front of me.

***Good Lord, what kind of places are you fishing? I understand that you're
fishing river systems, but unless I have to get in between two tall trees
that are less than 8' 6" wide, I can't imagine anyplace I couldn't get to in
my boat that a conventional hull would. I fish thick weeds and stumpfields
that were a bi$%^ch to get through with my Cobra, yet the Cat goes through
with ease because of the shallow draft.

Having owned a
tunnel hull bass boat in the past I know about the phenomenal ride, and
the unbelievabley stable fishing attitude. That is inherent in the design
of a tunnel hull.

***There is a difference between a tunnel hull and a true catamaran hull. A
tunnel hull is essentially a monohull cut down the midline and a connecting
wing attached. A true catamaran's hull incorporates many more design
features to increase efficiency, stability and handling.

Some days I wish I had not sold mine. Mine did overcome some
of the difficulties I see with the FastCat in that it had a conventional
shaped bow, and it was narrower than most bass boats the same length.

***LOL, and I consider the width to be an asset. Fishing from narrower
boats now feels extremely unstable and I love the increased width at the
bow. I can work with a client, for fish with a friend and although we're
close, we're not rubbing shoulders! The only time I've found the increased
width to be a problem was when I tried to get the boat into a slip at a
waterside eatery. I can live with that.

Even
so it was more stable than any v-bottom or pad bottom boat I have ever
ridden in. The only thing I have fished out of that comes close for
stability is some of the old tri-hulls, and we all know how those pump and
slap in rough water.

***Agreed, I had a tri-hull style boat and it was a wet-riding,
hard-pounding SOB! Nice to fish from, but getting from Point A to Point B
on a windy day was wet and uncomfortable. I consider the safety, stability
and smooth ride to be far more important. I like the fact that at the end
of the day, I am not nearly as tired as I used to be. I think that's from
the stability of the Cat versus a monohull. I'm no longer having to
constantly adjust to maintain balance. It might sound silly and
inconsequential, but at the end of a 12 - 14 hour day of guiding, it does
make a difference.