why would anyone bother with a baitcasting reel for freshwater ?

Old August 10th, 2006, 12:55 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
CAINE

Default why would anyone bother with a baitcasting reel for freshwater ?

bill allemann wrote:
you seem to have a totally closed mind on the subject, so why do you bother
to ask?

bill

no not at all-

yesterday I went fishing with a large plug on this rig- it's casting
better as if the line and reel are breaking in or something- but still
not as far as my spinning rod

I'm just giving an objective view of this, that's all. Rather than
being more accurate and casting further, it is less accurate and
casting not as far as my spinning rig.

So I wanted to hear others' views, as to why they believe a baitcaster
is worthwhile. nothing more than that

Old August 10th, 2006, 02:10 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
[email protected]

CAINE wrote:
John Kerr wrote:
This thread reminds me of an old hypothetical question......"How many
angels can dance on the head of a pin?"

Is there really a right or wrong answer?

I also noted that some peope have more idle time on their hands than a
"fisherman" would .

Anyone interested in how the "hot" weather bite is going on Kentucky
Lake?

JK

and the thread got 100 replies- seems like an interesting subject

Why is "duty-honor-country" now posting as "CAINE"?

Charlie Nudo tries to dupe 'em yet again.

Old August 10th, 2006, 02:47 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
[email protected]

Default why would anyone bother with a baitcasting reel for freshwater ?TROLL??

CAINE wrote:
Frugal Joe wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Charles B. Summers wrote:
Busted as a troll... I consider this topic to be over for me.

Thanks bicyclingg

Just for the record, I have been posting here for awhile under a
different name so I didn't just appear out of nowhere. I used to post
in the 8track group but left when Charlie Nudo called my wifes job and
posted her work phone number and urged others to call her employer.
That's not something a normal person does over something that happened
on Usenet.

I read this group all the time and imagine my displeasure in seeing Mr.
Nudo appear. I just sat back and watched things unfold and as is his
nature, he started his same old crap. He's a lose cannon and it won't
be long before he threatens someone with physical violence as he has
done in the past. He uses several addresses to post and has had a
number of them banned by Google for abuse.

wrote in message
oups.com...

Bass_Mr. wrote:
Your total ineptness with baitcasting equipment is the real problem
here.
My
14 year old DAUGHTER can use one with ease. I taught her.
You may be toooooooo proud to actually "learn" from someone else with
your
chest stuck out so far.Do us all a favor and make it your
DUTY- to learn to use one.
HONOR- us all by not being a blowhard whiner.
COUNTRY- move to another one.
Or, be a man and admit you can't or won't learn from someone that can
teach
you. Otherwise, just shut up! This thread had gotten way too much
attention.
I'm done.

Google "Charlie Nudo" or "66fourdoor" and see who you are dealing with.

Ricky..Ricky..Ricky..

Must we bring your skeletons in the closet out into the daylight?

Hey all....this guy actually stalked someones house that he got into a flame
war with!

yes, and he actually posted that he would sneak past the security of a
gated community to do it- that was reported to the cops, and they were
going to arrest him on sight- too funny !!

What's a "gated community"?

let's dig up a few more skeletons on "bicycle"

he tried to commit suicide in the Navy, and was dishonorably
discharged.

Was never in the service, sorry.

he deserted his first wife and kids, left them homeless and unfed

Have been married to the same woman for 24 years now.

he's unemployed

Have been a machinist for over 20 years now.

he is scamming the Pa. dept of welfare for checks, saying his second
wife and he are separated, when they aren't and she works full time

What?????

he threatens to take pictures of your house and post them on the net,
when he loses a flame war- so he has an anger management problem

Um yeah, whatever. You have issues man, get some help.

notice how he deletes every post he puts up

Nope.

his wife had a free net mail account from an employer- he abused the
mail account, and she was fired

She's been at the same employer for over 7 years now.

you get the picture ??

We sure do.

everyone- call the Pittsburgh welfare dept. and report him for double
dipping

Why don't you call them?

Old August 19th, 2006, 01:48 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
duty-honor-country

wrote:
CAINE wrote:
Frugal Joe wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Charles B. Summers wrote:
Busted as a troll... I consider this topic to be over for me.

Thanks bicyclingg

Just for the record, I have been posting here for awhile under a
different name so I didn't just appear out of nowhere. I used to post
in the 8track group but left when Charlie Nudo called my wifes job and
posted her work phone number and urged others to call her employer.
That's not something a normal person does over something that happened
on Usenet.

I read this group all the time and imagine my displeasure in seeing Mr.
Nudo appear. I just sat back and watched things unfold and as is his
nature, he started his same old crap. He's a lose cannon and it won't
be long before he threatens someone with physical violence as he has
done in the past. He uses several addresses to post and has had a
number of them banned by Google for abuse.

wrote in message
oups.com...

Bass_Mr. wrote:
[...]

notice how this "bicycle" guy pops in to call others a "troll"- but
look at what he's been up to lately- he's harassing the radio/phono and
alt.8tracks groups- and he also just created a fake username on Ebay
and bid on a vehicle, then cancelled the username- I guess this guy
doesn't get any, so he needs his "release"- he has admitted to being on
prozac, is divorced, and tried to commit suicide in the Navy, and was
dishonorably discharged

http://groups.google.com/groups/prof...6prRsqjc7uCt1A