kayak fishing in So. Cal

Old April 3rd, 2004, 06:52 AM
Mike Jenkins

Default kayak fishing in So. Cal

Hi, are there any Southern Calif. kayak fisherpersons out there? I'm
considering purchasing a kayak for excersise and fishing. I'd like to fish
Newport Bay and perhaps, eventually the local kelp outside the bay. Do any
of you have any words of advice on what kind of kayak I should look at? I do
plan on taking a course or 2 to learn how to kayak safely. Thanks, Mike

Old April 6th, 2004, 03:24 AM
joe

In article .net,
"Calif Bill" wrote:

There are others than the Outback! The paddle drive would be a hindrance in
any surf conditions. Try www.kayakfishing.com and book a school day. They
furnish everything. They have several different locations. They are
headquared in the La Jolla area. Allan's Kayaks in San Diego is right on
Mission bay and there are free demos of all his yaks.

I have had mine in the surf and of course you can pull it out in seconds
with the twist of two knobs. Have you tried one or just making an off
hand comment?

There are definitely other kayaks and as with any boat they are all
better for one thing or another. A boat that does great in the surf is
not going to do as well on a long paddle as a long slick boat that
tracks well. The Outback is a good all around boat and offers some great
advantages. It is not the best boat for all conditions but which boat is?

Good Fishin'

atljoe
--
"Atlanta Joe" aka Joe Webb
Flats fishing is Flat Fun!
Old April 13th, 2004, 07:08 PM
John Roe

"Mike Jenkins" wrote in message hlink.net...

Hi, are there any Southern Calif. kayak fisherpersons out there?

Check out :

www.kayakfishingpro.com

We have a club which gets deals on the Fish N Dive kayak plus all
sorts of accessories and fishes together in Orange, San Diego, and Los
Angeles counties.

We have a message board as well.

I am the moderator for www.yakfishing.com also, it is the largest/most
active west coast message board.