Catch & Release

Old August 9th, 2004, 10:58 PM
Ken Fortenberry

Default Catch & Release

Did you happen to watch Dubya on the Roland Martin show ?

Seems our Chief Executive catches bass and then lets his
dog chew them to death instead of releasing them.

If you didn't catch it the first time, it will air again
on the Outdoor Life Network. Go here and follow the links
for air times, the episode is called "The Executive Pond."

http://www.fishingwithrolandmartin.com/

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old August 10th, 2004, 12:13 AM
go-bassn

Seems you're a couple days late on the airtime Ken, it ran 2x on the 6th.
So, tell us about it...

Warren

--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com

. com...

Old August 10th, 2004, 12:31 AM
Todd Copeland

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
. com...
Did you happen to watch Dubya on the Roland Martin show ?

Seems our Chief Executive catches bass and then lets his
dog chew them to death instead of releasing them.

....and eats them? If the dog eats them, I feel sorry for the dog. I can see
this creating potential health threats. On the other hand, as long as the
fish gets eaten when not thrown back I don't see a problem with not
releasing the fish.

If a person eats it for food or it's a dog that eats it, it's still being
eaten. Being eaten, for the most part, has always been an acceptable reason
for not releasing fish. In _many_ cases, releasing all caught fish actually
does more harm then good.

Old August 10th, 2004, 02:44 AM
Rodney

Ken Fortenberry wrote:

Did you happen to watch Dubya on the Roland Martin show ?

Seems our Chief Executive catches bass and then lets his
dog chew them to death instead of releasing them.

If you didn't catch it the first time, it will air again
on the Outdoor Life Network. Go here and follow the links
for air times, the episode is called "The Executive Pond."

http://www.fishingwithrolandmartin.com/

So what, looks like a smart thing to so

It's his pond, it's over stocked with bass, and everyone knows you take
out the little bass caught on a small pond,, I know many pond owners
that just throw them up on the bank, and tell you to do the same thing
when you fish their ponds . The state fish biologist tell them to do this.

You can't C&R every bass in a pound,, you will have nothing but dinks in it

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread

Old August 10th, 2004, 03:06 AM
Craig

Problem was, it was a dink. An undersized bass. Is our President above the
law?

--
Craig Baugher
Be Confident, Focused, but most of all Have FUN!