OT GM bailout

Old November 26th, 2008, 05:52 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

Default OT GM bailout

On Nov 19, 12:44*pm, anon wrote:
In article
,

wrote:
I agree with all that -- I said nothing about Medicare or tossing
people aside, only that societies can't afford to have 1/3 of the
productive populace not being productive

Where the heck do you people get that any large population of retirees
are spending the last 1/3 of their life on medicare?!?!? *Medicare
starts at age 65, the last 1/3rd of their life would have them live to
98.3 years old. *The vast majority of people die in their 70's and 80's
(of those that get to age 65). *It is a incredibly small number of
people who live till 98 or older

Thank you. I was wondering when someone would pick up on that little
detail. You get today's reality check prize.

What I am hearing is a lot of ****ing and moaning probably from folks
who thought their 401k master moves made them oh so much more well off
and why couldn't they just "invest" their Social security money in the
same Wall Street lottery that just "everybody" knew was oh so much a
better deal that Anything our Father's silly old government could
devise in the 1930s.

And now we learn that its been Wall Street and unregulated mad dog
capitalism that's looted America's pension funds, and industrial
muscle. So what do folks respond with? Made up **** they heard
somewhere.

Frankly 3/4ths of the anti Union crap on this thread is factually
wrong. It is amazing how little most of you bozo's know about one of
the most important blue collar worker groups in the US. It is damn
lucky we don't rely on 401k armchair geniuses for these decisions.

Old November 26th, 2008, 06:10 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

On Nov 23, 8:30*pm, "
wrote:
On Nov 19, 12:00*pm, " wrote:

...... *Boomers weren't smart enough to save
for their retirement.

All 80 million of them, eh?

Well we will be living into our 90s don't you know?
Check this one out: one of these Bozo's is actually advocating, wait
for it . . . annuities! Hoo****ingRay.

Amazing. Even after the tech meltdown.
Even after the Stock Market melt down
They still do not get it.
There simply is no free lunch.
Put your money into other's hands and it will stick to their hands.
If all it is is paper, you only own paper.
If you really own it, you can usually touch it.
Anything else is trust.
I would rather trust a democratically elected government than a pimply
faced MBA.

Old November 30th, 2008, 03:04 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Charlie S.

I think we all need to have the same retirement plan that our
legislature enjoys: four years in office and you get 100% of that
salary for life.
Old December 10th, 2008, 05:16 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Jon[_3_]

In article ,
Charlie S. w5cds (at) arrl (dot) net wrote:

I think we all need to have the same retirement plan that our
legislature enjoys: four years in office and you get 100% of that
salary for life.

Either that or make the legislature have what it gives to all Americans,
ie take away the retirement plan!