Congradulations Mr. President!

Old November 5th, 2008, 02:36 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

Default Congradulations Mr. President!

daytripper wrote:

snip
/daytripper (Tonite is a better nite, and tomorrow will be a better day)

Can we please have our Constitution back now ?

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old November 5th, 2008, 03:16 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Conan The Librarian

"Peaceful Bill" wrote in message

Conan The Librarian wrote:
My only concern is that the current administration has no reason to
care about what they leave behind for the new administration.

Are you suggesting that they might have the same kind of transition as
Clinton did with with the handover to Bush?

Why is it that some right wingers' only response to anything is to whine,
"yeah but Klinton was just as bad"?

Chuck Vance

Old November 5th, 2008, 03:51 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Nov 5, 3:36*pm, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:
daytripper wrote:

snip
/daytripper (Tonite is a better nite, and tomorrow will be a better day)

Can we please have our Constitution back now ?

--
Ken Fortenberry

A constitution, or indeed any other similar document, is quite
meaningless to a person like you who has no respect at all for morals,
freedom, free speech, or even a trace of honour.

It remains to be seen what changes, for better or worse, may occur.
Relying on one man to work miracles is foolish, considering the
problems facing the new administration.

Hopefully, at least one thing will change, and that is that we will be
spared from the continuous bombardment of bull**** in all media about
American problems. Problems incidentally that start with the people
themselves, not with their presidents.
Old November 5th, 2008, 04:41 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Peaceful Bill

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Peaceful Bill wrote:

You're so fos and hate. The outcome of this election was decided by
the press a year ago. ...

LOL !! What a tool.

This election was decided when Lehman Bros. was allowed to go
belly up. From that point on it was just one unstoppable domino
after another.

The press didn't have a damn thing to with the outcome. There
was no way to portray an erratic and incompetent campaign as
anything other than erratic and incompetent. This 2008 presidential
campaign was the biggest organization McCain had ever tried to
run and he was just plain bad at it.

He gave a nice concession speech though.

How naive of you to think so.
Old November 5th, 2008, 04:42 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Peaceful Bill

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
daytripper wrote:

snip
/daytripper (Tonite is a better nite, and tomorrow will be a better day)

Can we please have our Constitution back now ?

Not with the Dems in office. If they put in their choices for the
Supreme Court, the Constitution will be rewritten by their decisions.
Old November 5th, 2008, 04:44 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Peaceful Bill

Conan The Librarian wrote:
My only concern is that the current administration has no reason to
care about what they leave behind for the new administration.

Are you suggesting that they might have the same kind of transition as
Clinton did with with the handover to Bush?

Why is it that some right wingers' only response to anything is to whine,
"yeah but Klinton was just as bad"?

Chuck Vance

Why do left wingnuts give their p[oliticians a free pass while harshly
criticizing and blaming conservatives for everything that goes wrong (In
spite of who is actually at fault)?
Old November 5th, 2008, 04:47 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Nov 4, 10:12*pm, daytripper wrote:
Meanwhile, for the sake of good order, props to John McCain, for a magnificent
speech to close out his campaign - and the wisdom to keep Sarah Palin quiet.
The irony is, of course, that this signified the return of the man that most
people once knew and had some respect - the John McCain of 1999 - instead of
the 2008 candidate that not only allowed his campaign to get rolled into the
wingnut/neocon mud hole, but contributed with his cynical selection of Sarah
Palin ("Country First" my white shiney ass!)

One can only wonder, had McCain taken the high road through this presidential
campaign, if the outcome could have been different. Perhaps not - clearly, the
electorate was disgusted with the Republican Party and may not have shown any
quarter. In any case, there is reason to be hopeful that McCain will provide a
positive contribution to the raising of the ship of state, before he rides off
into retirement.

I truly hope that the lesson was obvious enough for the Republicans:

McCain quote from 2000:
"Neither party should be defined by pandering to the outer reaches of
American politics and the agents of intolerance, whether they be Louis
Farrakhan or Al Sharpton on the left, or Pat Robertson or Jerry
Falwell on the right. "

I would have voted for the McCain of 2000. He obviously did the math
that he couldn't win this
time around without getting the far right out to vote. In doing so,
he surrendered the center. I couldn't
vote for the McCain of 2008.

If Obama stays in the center it's going to be a long couple election
cycles for the Republicans.
I hope he's smart enough to do so.
- Ken
Old November 5th, 2008, 05:37 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Conan The Librarian

Conan The Librarian wrote:
"Peaceful Bill" wrote in message

Are you suggesting that they might have the same kind of transition as
Clinton did with with the handover to Bush?

Why is it that some right wingers' only response to anything is to
whine, "yeah but Klinton was just as bad"?

Why do left wingnuts give their p[oliticians a free pass while harshly
criticizing and blaming conservatives for everything that goes wrong (In
spite of who is actually at fault)?

Non sequitur. You *were* whining. I wasn't blaming anyone for anything.

Re-read the thread and try again.

BTW, I don't recall seeing anything about flyfishing from you. Are you
just a troll?

Chuck Vance

Old November 5th, 2008, 05:58 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Charlie S.

On Wed, 05 Nov 2008 10:42:45 -0600, Peaceful Bill
wrote:

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
daytripper wrote:

snip
/daytripper (Tonite is a better nite, and tomorrow will be a better day)

Can we please have our Constitution back now ?

Not with the Dems in office. If they put in their choices for the
Supreme Court, the Constitution will be rewritten by their decisions.

Amen. I still can't believe the American people were taken in by that
unAmerican waste of breath.
Old November 5th, 2008, 07:02 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Peaceful Bill

Conan The Librarian wrote:
"Peaceful Bill" wrote in message

Are you suggesting that they might have the same kind of transition as
Clinton did with with the handover to Bush?
Why is it that some right wingers' only response to anything is to
whine, "yeah but Klinton was just as bad"?

Why do left wingnuts give their p[oliticians a free pass while harshly
criticizing and blaming conservatives for everything that goes wrong (In
spite of who is actually at fault)?

Non sequitur. You *were* whining. I wasn't blaming anyone for anything.

Re-read the thread and try again.

BTW, I don't recall seeing anything about flyfishing from you. Are you
just a troll?

Chuck Vance

Chuck you. Maybe you have trouble finding fishing posts.