Anyone tried Buzz-off

Old June 14th, 2004, 02:31 PM
Scott Seidman

Default Anyone tried Buzz-off

I'm thinking about picking up a Buzz-off hat, and maybe a bandana. Anyone
tried the stuff yet?

Scott
Old June 14th, 2004, 06:02 PM
Dave LaCourse

Scott writes:

I'm thinking about picking up a Buzz-off hat, and maybe a bandana. Anyone
tried the stuff yet?

Just got back from a two week field test. I bought the bandana and wore it
every day. The black flies and skeeters were bad, but I managed to get only
one or two bites.

Joanne did a Google on the main ingredient and bought a bottle of the stuff.
She followed the instructions and did a t-shirt as an experiment. No chemical
smell, and it worked. With a hat, bandana, and long sleeved t-shirt treated,
I'd say you were pretty well protected. No smell or mess either.
Dave

http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html

Old June 14th, 2004, 09:06 PM
Rusty Hook

Scott Seidman wrote:

I'm thinking about picking up a Buzz-off hat, and maybe a bandana. Anyone
tried the stuff yet?

I haven't tried Buzz-Off. I spray my regular fishing hat with some fly
spray I got at a feed store,
and it works great. If it's good enough for horses,... well, you know the
rest.

I originally bought the stuff while on summer vacation when the deer flies
were driving my dog crazy.
It worked so well for him that I sprayed my hat too. Once they land on the
hat, it's lights out.

--
Rusty Hook
Laramie, Wyoming

Old June 14th, 2004, 09:35 PM
Wayne Harrison

Rusty Hook wrote

I originally bought the stuff while on summer vacation when the deer flies
were driving my dog crazy.
It worked so well for him that I sprayed my hat too. Once they land on the
hat, it's lights out.

brand name?

yfitons
wayno

Old June 14th, 2004, 09:47 PM
Charlie Choc

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 16:35:45 -0400, "Wayne Harrison"
wrote:

Rusty Hook wrote

I originally bought the stuff while on summer vacation when the deer flies
were driving my dog crazy.
It worked so well for him that I sprayed my hat too. Once they land on the
hat, it's lights out.

brand name?

Just look for stuff with Permethrin in it. Sawyer
(http://www.benmeadows.com/store/prod...p?dept_id=6456) is
one brand, but I haven't tried it.
--
Charlie...
Old June 15th, 2004, 12:18 AM

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 16:47:51 -0400, Charlie Choc
wrote:

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 16:35:45 -0400, "Wayne Harrison"
wrote:

Rusty Hook wrote

I originally bought the stuff while on summer vacation when the deer flies
were driving my dog crazy.
It worked so well for him that I sprayed my hat too. Once they land on the
hat, it's lights out.

brand name?

Just look for stuff with Permethrin in it. Sawyer
(http://www.benmeadows.com/store/prod...p?dept_id=6456) is
one brand, but I haven't tried it.

If it's permethrin, look for Davis Kill-A-Bug in the 2lb per gallon
formula (2E?) at most ag/feed-type stores. It should be about 10.00USD
for an 8 oz. bottle __OF CONCENTRATE__ -DO NOT USE IT OUT OF THE BOTTLE
ON ANYTHING- and that will make enough up to do you, the house, the
yard, etc. Just for a cost idea, if I remember correctly, and assume I
do not, it's a .50 to 1% mix rate (i.e., .64 to 1.28 oz. to 1 US Gallon
of water), BUT READ THE INSTRUCTIONS. It's made by Louisiana Chemical
in Baton Rouge, if that helps.

TC,

Old June 15th, 2004, 12:28 AM

wrote:

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 16:35:45 -0400, "Wayne Harrison"

Rusty Hook wrote

(
http://www.benmeadows.com/store/prod...p?dept_id=6456) is
one brand, but I haven't tried it.

If it's permethrin, look for Davis Kill-A-Bug in the 2lb per gallon
formula (2E?) at most ag/feed-type stores. It should be about 10.00USD
for an 8 oz. bottle __OF CONCENTRATE__ -DO NOT USE IT OUT OF THE BOTTLE
ON ANYTHING- and that will make enough up to do you, the house, the
yard, etc. Just for a cost idea,

REMOVED

READ THE INSTRUCTIONS.

It's made by Louisiana Chemical in Baton Rouge, if that helps.

TC,

NB - I just checked the instruction flyer's ratio tables, and 1% is ag
use, and given the warnings on it, I'll just say "read the directions"
if you use it.