Cold Water Bassin

Old November 20th, 2004, 03:08 AM
alwaysfishking

Default Cold Water Bassin

Dave called today, asked if I wanted to float a boat and catch some
crappies. The wife and kids were out and work was done for the day, we had
about 45 minutes till dark so what the heck. The boat had already been
stored under the deck but not covered, we hoisted it on top of his Honda and
treked the mile to the lake. The lake was flat as flat could be, but
starting to get very cold out as light drifted away. We fished for about
twenty minutes with both of us setting hooks on everything and anything but
not a fish. We were fishing some samll 1/4 oz wal mart jigs with white grub
twisty tails.. you know the pre-packaged ones 5 for 1.50 type. I got a good
bite and yanked back... an my pole doubles over, (this is no crappie here).
the fish surged down and would not come up, I eventually lost him in the
sticks down below on my 6 lb test. We fished for a bit and then Dave
switched to a white grub too. We were drifting back in as it got dark right
past the spot where my fish got off and Dave hooks into a good fish. His rod
is doubled down as the fish just dove under the boat repeatedly.. but check
the smile on ABPF when he landed the beaut!!! Was it the same fish? I doubt
it, more likely there were a few holding there, I'll never doubt you again
Warren.. I guess it's not over until it's over. If not for it getting dark
and colder we might have had a chance at a few more in those sticks. Maybe
tomorrow.

Randy-

Old November 20th, 2004, 03:19 AM
Bob La Londe

"alwaysfishking" wrote in message
[...]

I haven't thrown a white grub in a long time. Last time I did was on a slow
fall evening walking a bank. If I recall I started catching fish too...
maybe its time to dig through my box and see what I can find.
--
** FREE Fishing Lures
** Weekly drawing

Old November 20th, 2004, 03:35 AM
go-bassn

Atta boy Randy (& Dave) - leave the dresses home (jk), dress for success &
you can catch em as long as you can wet a line. Using those tiny jigs might
just be the ticket Randy, might even try the float-n-fly out there.

I've got my final tourney in the morning, looking forward to trying out my
new goggles & $40 Cabelas socks. Might even rain too, whoopie!
Thundercat'll be there too, wish us luck.

--
Warren

http://www.warrenwolk.com
Http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com
2004 NJ B.A.S.S. Federation State Champions

Old November 20th, 2004, 09:35 PM
Christopher P. Cericola

"go-bassn" wrote in message
I've got my final tourney in the morning, looking forward to trying out my
new goggles & $40 Cabelas socks. Might even rain too, whoopie!
Thundercat'll be there too, wish us luck.

After my tournament in 40 degree weather(taking in account the wind), I
don't envy you. Can't wait for next season though.

Christopher