Cheney shoots someone (I'm not kidding)

Old February 13th, 2006, 04:24 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Default Cheney shoots someone (I'm not kidding)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/cheney_hunting_accident

Old February 13th, 2006, 12:52 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Lets send him to Iraq where he can use his newly acquired skills
"rw" wrote in message
.net...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/cheney_hunting_accident

Old February 13th, 2006, 01:10 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Larry and a Cat named Dub wrote:

Lets send him to Iraq where he can use his newly acquired skills
"rw" wrote in message
.net...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/cheney_hunting_accident

heard the guy was a former gov. bush appointee to the texas funeral
commission? guess scalia will now have a reason to reconsider hunting
junkets with cheney, eh?
Old February 13th, 2006, 02:51 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Jeff Miller wrote:
Larry and a Cat named Dub wrote:

Lets send him to Iraq where he can use his newly acquired skills
"rw" wrote in message
.net...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/cheney_hunting_accident

heard the guy was a former gov. bush appointee to the texas funeral
commission? guess scalia will now have a reason to reconsider hunting
junkets with cheney, eh?

The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight tried to cover it up:

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/ea..._id=1001995719

Old February 13th, 2006, 03:03 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

rw wrote:

The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight tried to cover it up:

Doesn't sound like a cover up to me and I really would not expect them
to call a press conference announcing the vice president screwed up,
but I got a kick out of this line from the article you linked:

"White House aides can be expected to say that the Vice President did
not shoot Whittington, which suggests a bullet, but rather sprayed him
with birdshot, a type of ammunition made up of tiny pieces of lead or
steel,"

Whoever came up with this needs to work in marketing, not political
spin.

Old February 13th, 2006, 03:07 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Oh man that is too much. I bet the right wing goons are going to lose
it because of this one. After all the crap they gave Kerry for going
hunting......Cheney goes out and shoots his hunting partner!

Old February 13th, 2006, 03:21 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

"Wayne Knight" wrote in message
oups.com...
rw wrote:

The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight tried to cover it up:

Doesn't sound like a cover up to me and I really would not expect them
to call a press conference announcing the vice president screwed up,

Cover up or not, yet another exercise in preternatural stupidity. When Dick
Cheney shoots somebody and the news breaks more than a day later.....and
then only because someone else found out about it and announced it.....how
can the thought of cover up NOT occur?

but I got a kick out of this line from the article you linked:

"White House aides can be expected to say that the Vice President did
not shoot Whittington, which suggests a bullet, but rather sprayed him
with birdshot, a type of ammunition made up of tiny pieces of lead or
steel,"

Whoever came up with this needs to work in marketing, not political
spin.

It does sort of help one to understand better the rationale for the current
campaign in Iraq. Turns out that we've just been spraying the
place.......pest control. Who can object to that?

Wolfgang

Old February 13th, 2006, 03:43 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

rw wrote:

The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight tried to cover it up:

No Dick, it's not Quayle season.
-tom

Old February 13th, 2006, 03:49 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

On 2/13/06 10:34 AM, in article
, "Scott Seidman"
wrote:

I think it would be an absolute hoot if he was found not to be licensed.

The report I read* stated that he had purchased his TX hunting license back
in November.

Of course, that information MIGHT be part of the cover up conspiracy...

Bill
(hmmm..... hey Wayne, you still planning on bird hunting during the Yoop
clave this fall? Just want to know if I should pack the body armor :-)

* http://tinyurl.com/bclml