landing net

Old April 8th, 2006, 01:55 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Default landing net

There is a landing net that has an arm hook around which permits a one
arm landing. Is this an attachment or do you have to buy the complete
net. Thanks

Old April 9th, 2006, 04:10 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Hi Al !

B~

Old April 9th, 2006, 04:57 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Bill & Sue wrote:
Go to the local thrift store and get a pair or Alum. crutches. Cut the tops
half off one and attach that to the shortend net handle. A wooden dowl (use
hardwood) bolted through the middle for strength should do the trick. Doc

Why would I have to buy 2 when one will do the trick. Or are you saying
that crutches are like shoes.Then again it is a thrift shop. I don't
like to lean on you but a sketch of the configuration would be
definitely helpful. Thanks

Old April 9th, 2006, 05:43 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

fishtale wrote:
Bill & Sue wrote:
Go to the local thrift store and get a pair or Alum. crutches. Cut the tops
half off one and attach that to the shortend net handle. A wooden dowl (use
hardwood) bolted through the middle for strength should do the trick. Doc

Why would I have to buy 2 when one will do the trick. Or are you saying
that crutches are like shoes.Then again it is a thrift shop. I don't
like to lean on you but a sketch of the configuration would be
definitely helpful. Thanks

If you will buy a crutch you won't have to lean on Doc.
Do we have to draw you a picture? OK, look he
http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/5734/a4crutch2ta.jpg

Old April 9th, 2006, 09:39 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Ergonomically, it is not the best. I believe there is a stock ready
made solution.
Thanks

Old April 10th, 2006, 03:17 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Wrong type of crutch. He needs one that grips your forarm and you hold a
perpendicular angled hanle. Some call them Canadian crutch because they
were invented there. Doc

Old April 10th, 2006, 03:18 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

That's the ticket!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Doc

"Jerry Barton" wrote in message
news
Maybe this would be even better.

Old April 11th, 2006, 12:08 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Why would I have to buy 2 when one will do the trick. Or are you saying
that crutches are like shoes.Then again it is a thrift shop. I don't
like to lean on you but a sketch of the configuration would be
definitely helpful. Thanks

I can think of a few things you could do with the other one...
Old April 11th, 2006, 01:00 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Well thank you for the information. I pier fish sometimes and you need
to have a long reach net. The curved end of the net handle that wraps
around your arm gives you more leverage to haul in the big one.