Jon boats...

Old June 12th, 2006, 12:14 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Default Jon boats...

I am looking into buying a 12-14 ft. riveted aluminum Jon boat and I have
compared many different manufacturers but I am not sure on the quality of
any of them. The manufacturers I have compared a Crestliner, Lowe, Polar
Kraft, Tracker, G3, and Waco. Does anybody have an opinion about which brand
has the higher quality, or which brand to stay away from? Thanks in advance.

Old June 12th, 2006, 12:39 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

I have looked at G3, Waco, and Tracker.

I'ld rate them in that order. Have no opinions on the others. (P.S. I own
a welded Waco)

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River

Old June 12th, 2006, 01:21 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

"For example: John Smith" wrote in message
I am looking into buying a 12-14 ft. riveted aluminum Jon boat and I have
compared many different manufacturers but I am not sure on the quality of
any of them. The manufacturers I have compared a Crestliner, Lowe,

Polar
Kraft, Tracker, G3, and Waco. Does anybody have an opinion about which

brand
has the higher quality, or which brand to stay away from? Thanks in

advance.

Mr. Smith, I have to go a little OT and ask you how you plan to use the boat
and why the limitation up to 14'. The reason why is I'd highly recommend
going no less then 16' if you want a nice stable boat with plenty of room.
Of course, there are many reasons to stick to a boat 14'and less.

Old June 12th, 2006, 03:47 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

within your logistics on hauling, lifting, etc, go for the longest and
widest boat possible.
Some extra weight is a fair price to pay for stability.
I wouldn't recommend a 12' at all.

Bill

Old June 12th, 2006, 03:57 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

"bill allemann" wrote in message
. net...
within your logistics on hauling, lifting, etc, go for the longest and
widest boat possible.
Some extra weight is a fair price to pay for stability.
I wouldn't recommend a 12' at all.

Bill

If you must go smaller the plastic bass hunters are more stable than an
aluminum jon because of the design.

Old June 12th, 2006, 11:37 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

I bought a Lowes 1436 to fish small streams and lakes and have to say they
are pretty unstable.I tried using mine without a floor ,or casting deck and
it was for the most part ,"useless".After installing a casting deck -
carpet -seats- bilge pump -6 hp motor -new trolling motor- lights- cup
holders-storage etc,etc it is now to heavy for its intended purpose. .A 14
ft john is ok length wise but get one wider than 36inches at the
bottom.Mine is for sell cheap
Ken