My bass fish'n sux.

Old October 29th, 2006, 06:27 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Calif Bill

Default My bass fish'n sux.

Went out today and went for Striped bass early with no luck, then went for
LMB. Talked to a couple in a tourney fishing the rip-rap banks in the
Sacramento Delta, and they said they had been culling since 8:30. Talked to
another 2 and they had only 4 keepers, at about 2:00. I had one tap and
missed that one. Tossed Sweet Beavers, Senkos, Spooks, Speed Trap.
Nothing!

Old October 30th, 2006, 02:38 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
will_gamble

According to this solunar calendar, not a great time to be fishing. It
has been pretty accurate for me this year. Almost like they look at it
too.

http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/b...e=bass_solunar

Old October 31st, 2006, 01:07 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
[email protected]

Hey Bill....
Sorry to hear about the fishing. What ramp/marina you launching out of?
I've been fishng the delta since '82 and it can be a puzzle. The tides,
water color and current play a big part in the bite. I mostly fish the
south end, closer to home, and know it quit well and that is another
key, knowing the water. The delta is so big I just know a very small
part of the 1000 square miles. Son in law and I are still catching LMB
in 6 inches to 3-4 feet up 'til last Sat, but that can change day to
day. Having luck with Senkos, wacky rigged, and jigs in black/blue and
black/red, not much luck on anything else. Stripers are around but not
fishing for them yet, and have seen a few salmon caught. Good luck and
hang in there, one nice thing we can fish all year long..

sket

Old October 31st, 2006, 03:58 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Calif Bill

wrote in message
Hey Bill....
Sorry to hear about the fishing. What ramp/marina you launching out of?
I've been fishng the delta since '82 and it can be a puzzle. The tides,
water color and current play a big part in the bite. I mostly fish the
south end, closer to home, and know it quit well and that is another
key, knowing the water. The delta is so big I just know a very small
part of the 1000 square miles. Son in law and I are still catching LMB
in 6 inches to 3-4 feet up 'til last Sat, but that can change day to
day. Having luck with Senkos, wacky rigged, and jigs in black/blue and
black/red, not much luck on anything else. Stripers are around but not
fishing for them yet, and have seen a few salmon caught. Good luck and
hang in there, one nice thing we can fish all year long..

sket

Launched at Holland Tract, Holland's Riverside Marina. Talked to a couple
of guys and they had been culling since 8:30 am. I did not get out until
about 11 am. Talked to another couple of tourney guys and they had only 4
fish. Another bass guy in Mildred was just like me, striped kitty cat.
Went out yesterday. Launched at Martinez and went to Montezuma to get out
of the wind and bait fished for stripers with only undersize making it to
the boat. Trolled part pay back for nada. Fishing was good, catching was
bad.

Old November 6th, 2006, 12:41 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
lab~rat >:-)

On 30 Oct 2006 06:38:24 -0800, "will_gamble"
puked:

According to this solunar calendar, not a great time to be fishing. It
has been pretty accurate for me this year. Almost like they look at it
too.

http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/b...e=bass_solunar

That chart is pretty cool, are they gonna change it over to November
any time soon?

--
lab~rat :-)
Do you want polite or do you want sincere?

Old November 11th, 2006, 06:24 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

November
http://www.primetimes2.com/lunar/06-lunar-11.gif

December
http://www.primetimes2.com/lunar/06-lunar-12.gif

January does not appear to be on-line yet.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River

Old November 13th, 2006, 03:26 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
lab~rat >:-)

On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 11:24:24 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
puked:

November
http://www.primetimes2.com/lunar/06-lunar-11.gif

December
http://www.primetimes2.com/lunar/06-lunar-12.gif

January does not appear to be on-line yet.

--

So how do you use this information to determine the best times to
fish?
Old November 13th, 2006, 03:49 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"lab~rat :-)" wrote in message
On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 11:24:24 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
puked:

November
http://www.primetimes2.com/lunar/06-lunar-11.gif

December
http://www.primetimes2.com/lunar/06-lunar-12.gif

January does not appear to be on-line yet.

--

So how do you use this information to determine the best times to
fish?

Typically I don't. I just go fishing when I can. I do like a full moon
overhead when night fishing during summer, but that's about it.

A setting full moon does usually indicated a slower topwater bite (but not
non-existant) in the morning.