Talk about the Rep throwing out the Constitution

Old March 11th, 2009, 03:58 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Outdoors in Oregon

Default Talk about the Rep throwing out the Constitution

On Mar 10, 4:13*pm, DaveS wrote:
Dave
Citizen of the "most unchurched State in the Union"

Them's fightin' words. Washington can bite me, Oregon
is the "most unchurched State in the Union". ;-P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Oregon

"Out of all U.S. states, Oregon has the highest
percentage of adults who say they are unaffiliated
with any religious tradition."
- Ken

....and damn proud of it.
Old March 11th, 2009, 04:30 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

On Mar 11, 8:58*am, Outdoors in Oregon wrote:
On Mar 10, 4:13*pm, DaveS wrote:

Dave
Citizen of the "most unchurched State in the Union"

Them's fightin' words. *Washington can bite me, Oregon
is the "most unchurched State in the Union". *;-P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Oregon

"Out of all U.S. states, Oregon has the highest
percentage of adults who say they are unaffiliated
with any religious tradition."
* * - Ken

...and damn proud of it.

Bull. Oregon sends missionaries to Washington. Our graven idols can
beat up your graven idols in a rat's heartbeat. Or a bat's for that
matter.

I am not as sure as you are. Your source also cites a Gallup Poll
finding . . . that Oregon is surpassed by Washington, Alaska etc and
Massachusetts (!!!) . So the issue is still undecided. One factor,
according to the Wiki article on the "Pacific Northwest" (spirituality
subsection) is that the survey categories can't deal with all the
weird assed kinda-churches and gurus, Asian and Indian subsets,
homegrowns and Native American originated groups. Did I mention
Ramtha?
This very afternoon I intend to examine the entrails of a chicken to
seek out the truth if I can get out early from my drum circle. Da
Tonka.

Old March 11th, 2009, 04:35 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

Outdoors in Oregon wrote:
DaveS wrote:
Citizen of the "most unchurched State in the Union"

Them's fightin' words. Washington can bite me, Oregon
is the "most unchurched State in the Union". ;-P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Oregon

Neither of those states can compare to the least religious
state in the Union, Vermont.

"In a 2008 Gallup poll, Oregon was ranked as the seventh least
religious state. In response to the question, "Is religion an
important part of your daily life?", 53% of Oregonians responded
"yes". The most religious state was Mississippi, with 85%, and
the least religious state was Vermont, with 42%. The states less
religious than Oregon, in order, are Washington, Alaska, Massachusetts,
Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont."

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old March 11th, 2009, 05:18 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

On Mar 11, 9:35*am, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:
Neither of those states can compare to the least religious
state in the Union, Vermont.

"In a 2008 Gallup poll, Oregon was ranked as the seventh least
religious state. In response to the question, "Is religion an
important part of your daily life?", 53% of Oregonians responded
"yes". The most religious state was Mississippi, with 85%, and
the least religious state was Vermont, with 42%. The states less
religious than Oregon, in order, are Washington, Alaska, Massachusetts,
Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont."

--
Ken Fortenberry

Yeah but you need to look at the question. "Is religion an important
part of your daily life?" Come on, this is VERMOUNT! Its so cold up
there that a smear of maple syrup on some oat grits is a day's
highlight. Getting your car started? Taking a leak outdoors? Chasing
off Massachusetts White trash in the summer? These folks are so
bummed by daily life that an afterlife might not be too desirable.

Dave
:-))
Old March 11th, 2009, 09:35 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
Neither of those states can compare to the least religious
state in the Union, Vermont.

beat me to it, Ken.
Tom

Old March 11th, 2009, 10:06 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Mar 11, 5:35*pm, "Tom Littleton" wrote:
"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message

Neither of those states can compare to the least religious
state in the Union, Vermont.

beat me to it, Ken.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Tom

i concur with my colleague from grunvul.

what forty refers to is "the surpremacy clause".

for one unfortunate example, until recently an individual
previously convicted of a felony could possess a firearm under state
law after a 5 year period following the completion of his sentence or
probationary term. however, if the same person bought a shotgun at
walmart on the first day of his state eligibility, the feds could
successfully prosecute him the next day.

bummer.

yfitons
wayno
Old March 11th, 2009, 11:31 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 08:58:40 -0700 (PDT), Outdoors in Oregon
wrote:

On Mar 10, 4:13*pm, DaveS wrote:
Dave
Citizen of the "most unchurched State in the Union"

Them's fightin' words. Washington can bite me, Oregon
is the "most unchurched State in the Union". ;-P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Oregon

"Out of all U.S. states, Oregon has the highest
percentage of adults who say they are unaffiliated
with any religious tradition."

Huh, whaddyaknow...Washington and Oregon have adults? It has always seemed that
they just have lots of people older than 21...

Now I KNOW this won't help,
- Ken

...and damn proud of it.

Old March 11th, 2009, 11:49 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Outdoors in Oregon

wrote:
On Mar 10, 4:13*pm, DaveS wrote:
Dave
Citizen of the "most unchurched State in the Union"

Them's fightin' words. *Washington can bite me, Oregon
is the "most unchurched State in the Union". *;-P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Oregon

"Out of all U.S. states, Oregon has the highest
percentage of adults who say they are unaffiliated
with any religious tradition."

Huh, whaddyaknow...Washington and Oregon have adults? *It has always seemed that
they just have lots of people older than 21...

Now I KNOW this won't help,

* *- Ken

...and damn proud of it.

Oregon, Washington, and BC should join together and secede.
- Ken
Old March 12th, 2009, 01:05 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

wrote:
On Mar 10, 4:13*pm, DaveS wrote:
Dave
Citizen of the "most unchurched State in the Union"

Them's fightin' words. *Washington can bite me, Oregon
is the "most unchurched State in the Union". *;-P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Oregon

"Out of all U.S. states, Oregon has the highest
percentage of adults who say they are unaffiliated
with any religious tradition."

Huh, whaddyaknow...Washington and Oregon have adults? *It has always seemed that
they just have lots of people older than 21...

Now I KNOW this won't help,

* *- Ken

...and damn proud of it.

Oregon, Washington, and BC should join together and secede.

Well, nothing secedes like secession...

HTH,
....any chance of y'all taking Quebec with ya...?
- Ken

Old March 12th, 2009, 01:12 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 15:06:08 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Mar 11, 5:35*pm, "Tom Littleton" wrote:
"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message

Neither of those states can compare to the least religious
state in the Union, Vermont.

beat me to it, Ken.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Tom

i concur with my colleague from grunvul.

what forty refers to is "the surpremacy clause".

for one unfortunate example, until recently an individual
previously convicted of a felony could possess a firearm under state
law after a 5 year period following the completion of his sentence or
probationary term. however, if the same person bought a shotgun at
walmart on the first day of his state eligibility, the feds could
successfully prosecute him the next day.

Out of curiosity, what are your feelings toward this:

Let's say that "Montanaho" (or if you prefer, Idatana) passes a law that says
once out of prison, for whatever crime, one is free to buy as many guns as they
wish. So Bubba "The Violent Felon" McQuickonthetrigger gets out light and buys
an arsenal right before moving to, oh, say, right next store to, oh, say, a
random boy lawyer and his family in, oh, say, North Carolina, where such (state)
felons are prohibited from possessing weapons. OK, so now what?

YFCOTGC,

bummer.

yfitons
wayno