Maine Clave

Old August 23rd, 2010, 07:48 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
D. LaCourse

Default Maine Clave

I'll throw this idea out to you and see if there is any interest in
putting together another Maine Clave on the famous Rapid River. June
2011 would be the preferred time, but September also works well.

You would have the option of camping at primitive sites on Lower Lake
Richardson or at a campground at South Arm. Either way, you would need
transportation to the river. Some of the primitive spots are an easy
hike to the river, while others would require a boat (canoe). There is
the option of staying in Wilson Mills or Rangeley and making the
drive/hike in each day.

Or, you could stay at Lakewood for $160/day, including clean rustic
cabin with plenty of wood for the stove, comfortable beds with clean
sheets, electricity, three very good meals each day (to include a box
lunch if desired), and easy access to the river. The camps have an old
pick-up that can be used for transportation down river to Pond in the
River, Lower Dam, Cold Springs, Smooth Ledge, etc. Also, a boat will
be made available to get sports out to the island or the Spawning Beds.
And, I will see to it that a full time guide is available for one or
two days. Clave would be from a Sunday to the following Saturday.

Right now, this is just an idea. If enough interest (say at least five
guys), I will begin planning, setting up dates, and arranging the
logistics. Fly in to either Manchester, NH, or Portland, ME. I can
pick up some at Portland.

So, who is up for another Maine Clave?

Old August 23rd, 2010, 08:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
flebow[_2_]

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 14:48:42 -0400, D. LaCourse
wrote:

[...]

Dave

Sounds interesting as I know the area fairly well - I would vote for
Sept
If you want me - I may just come and fish
It wioould also be good to meet you and some of the others face to
face

Fred
Old August 23rd, 2010, 08:41 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
D. LaCourse

Old August 23rd, 2010, 11:56 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton[_2_]

nothing definite, but strong consideration here. I'd pick September
personally, just for the sheer beauty of New England in the autumn.
Tom

Old August 24th, 2010, 12:19 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
D. LaCourse

On 2010-08-23 18:56:06 -0400, "Tom Littleton" said:

nothing definite, but strong consideration here. I'd pick September
personally, just for the sheer beauty of New England in the autumn.
Tom

You're a maybe #2.

Old August 24th, 2010, 01:03 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
flebow

wrote:

[...]

Dave- Hide quoted text -

If my wife Joanne comes is she #3 or 2a/

Fred
Old August 24th, 2010, 01:23 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2010

On 2010-08-23 18:56:06 -0400, "Tom Littleton" said:

nothing definite, but strong consideration here. I'd pick September
personally, just for the sheer beauty of New England in the autumn.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Tom

You're a maybe #2.

Dave

Love to go, but will have to pass as the bride is still looking for a
job.
Frank Reid
Old August 24th, 2010, 01:34 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
--riverman

On Aug 24, 2:48*am, D. LaCourse wrote:
[...]

I love the idea, but it would have to be late June, as my window of
availability is from mid June to late July only. September, as lovely
as it is in Maine, is out for me.

--riverman
Old August 24th, 2010, 02:26 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
D. LaCourse

.
[...]

She would be #1 and you would be #3. d;o)

Old August 24th, 2010, 02:30 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
D. LaCourse

On 2010-08-23 20:34:35 -0400, --riverman said:

September, as lovely
as it is in Maine, is out for me.

I'm thinking most folks are going to chose September, Myron. But, give
me a holler in June. I'll fish with you.