He was a good dog

Old October 30th, 2007, 12:30 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

Default He was a good dog

Kipper the Hound passed away this evening. He collapsed
at the back door after his evening walk and I carried
him to his pillow in front of the fireplace where he
passed peacefully.

He was a good dog and he'll be missed.

Our condolences. A loyal friend will be missed.
I googled Kipper in this group and I noticed that his "staff" has
always been quite proud of him.
"Congrats to Kipper the Hound who took home the trophy
in the Best Mixed-Breed category at the 2004 Urbana
Sweetcorn Festival Dog Show.
The trophy is sitting on our mantle and the ****in'
Koreans can whine 'til the cows come home but we
ain't givin' it back !!
(I am somewhat concerned in that this was an "amateur
dog show" and Kipper the Hound does dog for a living.;-) "

I would also suggest that you two did "friends" for a living. Rest in
peace Kipper.
Frank Reid

Old October 30th, 2007, 12:49 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
George Adams

--
Ken Fortenberry

Very sorry for your loss, Ken. Losing a good dog isn't "like" losing a
member of the family, it "is" losing a member of the family. My
sincere condolences.

George

Old October 30th, 2007, 01:40 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

Ken Fortenberry wrote:

Kipper the Hound passed away this evening. He collapsed
at the back door after his evening walk and I carried
him to his pillow in front of the fireplace where he
passed peacefully.

He was a good dog and he'll be missed.

a dog is often the better part of a man. sorry to hear of kipper's
demise. i remember meeting him on elk creek at my old cabin. he didn't
pee on the floor or carpet and had a cheerful nature. he was a good
soul. sorry he's gone and for your loss... he seemed to have all anyone
could hope for in this life - a credit to his partner i'm sure. may we
all pass as peacefully.
Old October 30th, 2007, 02:09 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Nakashima

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
et...
Kipper the Hound passed away this evening. He collapsed
at the back door after his evening walk and I carried
him to his pillow in front of the fireplace where he
passed peacefully.

He was a good dog and he'll be missed.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Sorry to hear about your best friend Kipper.
He'll truly be missed dearly in roff as well.
-tom

Old October 30th, 2007, 03:12 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
JT

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
et...

He was a good dog and he'll be missed.

Sorry to hear about Kipper's passing, I always enjoyed the pictures and
reports that he was involved with.

Our Lab Molly found a dead fish on the beach yesterday and rolled in it.
Love her to death, but I scolded her and didn't let her in the house last
night. Now I feel terrible.

Find yourself a new fishing partner. It will never replace Kipper, however
will help with the healing.

My condolences,
JT
Who just doesn't get what the deal is with dogs and them rolling in nasty
stinky stuff....

Old October 30th, 2007, 03:51 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Russell D.

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Kipper the Hound passed away this evening. He collapsed
at the back door after his evening walk and I carried
him to his pillow in front of the fireplace where he
passed peacefully.

He was a good dog and he'll be missed.

I'm sorry to hear this, Ken. I've enjoyed your talking about him. He
seemed like a good dog.

My wife won't let me get another dog. She gets so attached to them that
when they go it is too hard on her.

Russell
Old October 30th, 2007, 04:50 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tim J.

jeff typed:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:

Kipper the Hound passed away this evening. He collapsed
at the back door after his evening walk and I carried
him to his pillow in front of the fireplace where he
passed peacefully.

He was a good dog and he'll be missed.

a dog is often the better part of a man.

Jeff, I'm not sure if you picked this up somewhere or if it is your own
poetry, but it is damned-spot-on. Just placing your hand on your dogs warm
head as he looks at you with all the trust in his being makes you a better
person - even if for just that moment. At that point in time, a man would no
more do harm to the world than to harm himself.
--
TL,
Tim

Old October 30th, 2007, 06:41 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rb608

"Tim J." wrote in message
Just placing your hand on your dogs warm head as he looks at you with all
the trust in his being makes you a better person - even if for just that
moment. At that point in time, a man would no more do harm to the world
than to harm himself.

Reminds me of the saying, "Lord help me become the person my dog thinks I
am."

Joe F.

Old October 30th, 2007, 08:10 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Jack Schmitt

This was sent to me after I lost my Lab and best fishing buddy, Charlie. It
says it all.

Subject: Canine Philosophy

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail
instead of
his tongue.
-Anonymous

Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you
are
wonderful.
-Ann Landers

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where
they went.
-Will Rogers

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your
face.
-Ben Williams

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves
himself.
-Josh Billings

The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.
-Andy Rooney

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can
spare.
And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has
ever made.
-M. Acklam

Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people,
who
are incapable of pure love and always have to mix love and hate.
- Sigmund Freud

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird
religious cult.
-Rita Rudner

A dog teaches a boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three
times before lying down.
-Robert Benchley

Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog.
-Franklin P. Jones

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain dogs I
have
known will go to heaven, and very, very few persons.
-James Thurber

If your dog is fat, you aren't getting enough exercise.
-Unknown

My dog is worried about the economy because Alpo is up to $3.00 a
can.
That's almost $21.00 in dog money.
-Joe Weinstein

Ever consider what our dogs must think of us? I mean, here we come
back
from a grocery store with the most amazing haul -- chicken, pork,
half a
cow. They must think we're the greatest hunters on earth!
-Anne Tyler

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax
and
get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not
bite
you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
-Mark Twain

You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a
look
that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'
- Dave Barry

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
-Roger Caras

If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in
your
pocket and then give him only two of them.
-Phil Pastoret

My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I
am.