Boad fishing Rigs ?

Old June 30th, 2006, 02:27 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea

Default Boad fishing Rigs ?

Hi all,

Anyone know where i can get the info to make some sea fishing rigs up ??

many thanks

--
New Newsgroup Server
Very High Retention 90 Days

Old July 1st, 2006, 01:48 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea

In article , Steve (EI2GYB)
wrote:
Hi all,

Anyone know where i can get the info to make some sea fishing rigs up ??

At your current stage you need nothing complex. If you go into rig details
without starting knowledge of the local fish and conditions you are wasting
your time.

Take a day on a local commercial angling charter boat and ask/watch the
skipper - tell him beforehand that you're a beginner and arrange for him to
provide suitable tackle for you.

Now, you are intending to fish inshore - so scale everything down a size
before you try it on your own boat.

Cheerio,

--
Fishing: http://www.fishing.casterbridge.net/
Writing: http://www.author.casterbridge.net/derek-moody/

Old July 2nd, 2006, 10:39 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea

"Derek Moody" wrote in message
In article , Steve (EI2GYB)
wrote:
[...]

The cheap boxes of small rippers/spinners/eels/swivels etc on special
(£6.99) at Lidl's aren't too bad. I've had a lot worse from some tackle
shops for substantially more money. They also have reels of mono at £1.99p
per pack of two, ideal for making traces.
Mick

Old July 3rd, 2006, 07:44 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea

Hi there Paddy,

Just got a few from Lidl today they look quite good,
Where u from ?

Steve - Carndonagh, Donegal

Old July 3rd, 2006, 07:52 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea

"Steve (EI2GYB)" wrote in message
Hi there Paddy,

Just got a few from Lidl today they look quite good,
Where u from ?

Steve - Carndonagh, Donegal

Hi Steve - Orkney - Fishing quite good of late with plenty of haddock
showing. Plenty of ling/cod/pollack etc close in.
We are going to make some bomb shaped weights with loops each end to fish
about 5ft above the rippers/lures from lidle's. We get plenty of lost gear
when fishing close in and this will cut down on the lost lead at least.
Mick

Old July 7th, 2006, 11:49 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea

"Paddy" wrote in message

"Steve (EI2GYB)" wrote in message
Hi there Paddy,

Just got a few from Lidl today they look quite good,
Where u from ?

Steve - Carndonagh, Donegal

Hi Steve - Orkney - Fishing quite good of late with plenty of haddock
showing. Plenty of ling/cod/pollack etc close in.
We are going to make some bomb shaped weights with loops each end to fish
about 5ft above the rippers/lures from lidle's. We get plenty of lost
gear when fishing close in and this will cut down on the lost lead at
least.
Mick

I'll agree with Lidls kit we were out on a boat off Colwyn last week and the
mackies love them plastic shrimp and white fibre feathers
Derek